• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrade coming per Schlenk

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Jealousy is a very destructive to the mind huh Sturt?

First off, you said what is baseball? Which I can understand cuz your team will be good again in 2074. Now you come back with a remark about the Braves.

What? Did I hear wrong?

I could swear as I listened to the radio this morning I heard the Braves won yesterday against the Dodgers.

The Dodgers won, then?

Oh man. Maybe you're not up to Carnac standards after all.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I think you are reading too much in these stats.  Indiana's entire roster shows a similar decline, Sabonis, Turner, etc.  This isn't about Justin.

Defensive Raptor for Indiana by year:

21-22      115.5

20-21      111.9

19-20      107.5

They went from 6th to 14th to 28th.  

*heavy sigh*

Admit it. You read none of this. Otherwise you might recall that it was already cited. You can be excused for not peeling back the next layer of onion, but that much you should recall.

2022-10-12_15-37-54.png

2022-10-12_15-38-26.png

2022-10-12_15-39-04.png

=======================================================

You aren't reading the whole of the stats. You're just as guilty in this case as the person who just wants to pronounce judgment based on the individual DRTG... ie, without any context of how the individual's DRTG compares with the team DRTG and then how the team DRTG ranks among the rest of the teams in the league.

Got to take it all, not one piece, for it to make sense.

(Kinda ticked, to be honest, with @macdaddy since I just got thru walking thru this... apparently he also doesn't read. Well, maybe not ticked, maybe more like disappointed.)

Here are the questions you have to look at...

1. Does the player's individual DRTG help or hurt the team's DRTG?

If it helps... ie, if it's a better (ie, lower, as in golf) score than the overall team DRTG... that means when he was on the floor, the opposition scored less than the team's average.

So, of course then, if his individual score is about the same as the team DRTG, then he didn't help or hurt... and if higher, then he was among those players responsible for pulling the team's DRTG down.

2. Does the team's DRTG rank higher or lower compared to the rest of the league?

If the player is helping the team DRTG and their team ranks among the best in the league overall, that's pretty solid evidence that the player is an outstanding defensive player.

That was the case for Justin three seasons ago.

If the player is neither helping or hurting the team DRTG and their team also ranks among the middling teams overall, that's pretty solid evidence that the player has turned in a very average season defensively.

That was the case for Justin two seasons ago (... technically, he was slightly to the "hurt" side of the equation, but let's not get technical).

If the player is hurting the team DRTG and their team ranks among the worst in the league overall, that's pretty solid evidence that the player is among the least effective defensively.

That was the case for Justin last season.

All I can do is explain. I can't make people listen/read/comprehend.

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

But he had the infamous 2 handed “set” shot :frantics:  Or was that Dolph “Lundgren” Schayes? :laugh:

E7487222-2185-4747-A78C-81124C3115EE.jpeg

As long as the shot gets off and goes in, it matters not how the shot begins, only how it ends!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Utah probably waives him, and he signs with whoever offers him a new deal?

Or there's a third team... kinda like the odds of that better. Utah can just as easily buy out Clarkson as they could Crowder, so they have to have some incentive. PHX would probably rather send Crowder to a third team, and let that team send Utah draft compensation.

That said, he's getting his $10m no matter what, and the rules don't allow him to collect extra (unless I'm forgetting something?)... so it's pretty much a matter of which team with a roster opening he feels best about going to.

MIA probably makes the most sense in that case.

We can't sign him as things stand right now, as long as the front office considers the tax line to be off-limits and we hold on to Krejci and the others.

4 hours ago, sturt said:

All I can do is explain. I can't make people listen/read/comprehend.

I did forget that you made a distinction that he went below the team's threshold last year.  I understand what you are saying, I still need to see more to be convinced that he is no longer a rotation level player.  Indiana turned into a dumpster fire.  A lot of funky things happen on a declining team.  No need to write any more.  Peace to you.  

On 10/11/2022 at 11:15 PM, REHawksFan said:

I thought the whole reason Crowder wants out of Phx was because they want to start Cam Johnson and Crowder wants to start. He isn't starting here so why would he want to come and extend? 

I like him as a player but I don't see how his situation fits the Hawks. And I don't see an easy trade for him. I'm not interested in giving away JJ. 

13 hours ago, sturt said:

Ok I didn’t know he wanted out because he wanted to start. In that case of course he can’t come to ATL.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok I didn’t know he wanted out because he wanted to start. In that case of course he can’t come to ATL.

Doesn't make sense to me that he's hardline on the starting thing. I think he thinks he's better than Cam Johnson, and that he's getting prematurely demoted.

But if ATL is one of his two favorite destinations (see below), he can't think he's supplanting JC. I think he just wants to be given his due regard, and given a fair chance to win the highest role available, which PHX has apparently told him the competition for their starting 4 was already done and over before camp even started.

2022-10-12_23-10-50.png

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Jae Crowder is inconsequential, can we stop treating him as if he’s the missing piece?

It's something in-between.

He's not "the missing piece," whatever that means.

He is consequential.

That's because he's a significant upgrade that theoretically would push the dominoes that end up taking JDay out of the rotation, if not off the roster entirely.

I'm pro-upgrade.

• Like 2

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's something in-between.

He's not "the missing piece," whatever that means.

He is consequential.

Yep.  This nails it.  Not a transformational player but someone who would be a serious upgrade to our bench depth and a key part of our rotation if we added him.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, sturt said:

(Kinda ticked, to be honest, with @macdaddy since I just got thru walking thru this... apparently he also doesn't read. Well, maybe not ticked, maybe more like disappointed.)

What did i do?  I haven't commented on this in days.  But you are correct i'm not reading this...again. 😆

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What did i do?  I haven't commented on this in days.  But you are correct i'm not reading this...again. 😆

What did you do? You liked. You suggested your approval of something that had been debunked, if you'd only read, past tense... and, present tense, if you'd only read now.

But you won't, and that's disappointing, but okay. Someone famous once said... "I can only explain, I can't make anyone read/comprehend." Love ya anyway.

😄

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

What did you do? You liked. You suggested your approval of something that had been debunked, if you'd only read, past tense... and, present tense, if you'd only read now.

But you won't, and that's disappointing, but okay. Someone famous once said... "I can only explain, I can't make anyone read/comprehend." Love ya anyway.

😄

Oh i see. I had to really dig for this one.   As someone famous once said... "you can make stats say anything"

So if Holiday has a positive impact on our D this year does that mean you were wrong?  or he just turned it around?