• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Abu Dhabi bound Hawks (preseason games)

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah, I know we have a few guys that can hit some, but none of those dudes are guys I'm comfortable relying on game in and game out.  

Maybe AJ Griffin can be that knock down shooter that teams can't afford to leave open. If he can show that his shooting is for real early on, he may not spend much time in the G league this season. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, hawkman said:

Maybe AJ Griffin can be that knock down shooter that teams can't afford to leave open. If he can show that his shooting is for real early on, he may not spend much time in the G league this season. 

is he going to play in this game ?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, hawkman said:

This is a valid concern. It's preseason but guys are bricking open 3's out there. The league will scout that and adjust. 

I think it's less valid now because it's preseason.   We have lots of guys who can shoot them but the main thing is we are going to the basket too.   I don't want us to become reliant on three point shooting.  It should be the add on and not the main meal. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think it's less valid now because it's preseason.   We have lots of guys who can shoot them but the main thing is we are going to the basket too.   I don't want us to become reliant on three point shooting.  It should be the add on and not the main meal. 

The issue is when the league adjusts and teams crowd the paint and guys keep bricking open shots. At that point, the offense will stall.

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Great to see that 3 from Collins!

Yep. He was shaking his hand running up the court..

Just now, Bonkers said:

I don't care who disagrees with me but...I hate Giannis' game. Just unskilled bullrushing to the rim

That was another charge... smh

• Like 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

I like it but yeah he gets away with tons of charges.   It didn't bother anyone when Shaq did it. 

Huh?

Shaq didn't start with a head full of steam, run and plow people over. He would already be in the post. USe his strength then power to the rim

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The issue is when the league adjusts and teams crowd the paint and guys keep bricking open shots. At that point, the offense will stall.

Well, it's a different defense guarding twos than it is guarding threes.  Right now, we're like 55% from the field with only 25% from 3pt.  Our 3pt % will increase just from guys getting more comfortable.   We have guys that can hit threes.   However, the thing that should be satisfying is our FG%.   They are not stopping us from scoring.   When they do that, they will cause more holes in the defense that we can take advantage of both in the field and from three. 

This is a better look than we had before when our FG% was good but it was due to one man handling the ball.   Now, we have multiple ball handlers and we're looking good.   Also, our PTs off turnovers should bring a smile to Hawks fans.   Clint has been taking charges.   We do need some size and our perimeter defense needs shoring up but I'm ecstatic. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Huh?

Shaq didn't start with a head full of steam, run and plow people over. He would already be in the post. USe his strength then power to the rim

tomato tomato.   he just pushed people over with his size.  The fact that he didn't get a running start doesn't make it any better.  

• Like 1