• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Abu Dhabi bound Hawks (preseason games)

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Fits into my archetype theory.  I think Schlenk has been searching for an Iguodala type as the team has tried any combination of Kev/Bogi/Cam as ball handlers off the bench and we can even go back to the Evan Turner debacle.

• Premium Member

I think somebody posted it before, but the nature of our team is changing.  We have gone from having Vets who were somewhat unathletic to having those dogs.   Even Vitt has a good feel for the game and moves.   With that in mind, Bogi is going to have to come in and find his role.   Gunner.   He doesn't have to be the Basketball champion.. Leader of the Horde.. but we will take that too.. but mainly, he has to get his numbers up to what they were like a few years ago.   Over 41% from three.   If he does that and he becomes our KK on the second unit, he could play lights out for the chip...

This also is going to be Nate's biggest coaching test.   Nate has put in some offense.. we've seen it.   If he can get our defense right with the personnel that we have, sky is the limit for this team. 

We Going To The Ship Hardball GIFs | Tenor

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think somebody posted it before, but the nature of our team is changing.  We have gone from having Vets who were somewhat unathletic to having those dogs.   Even Vitt has a good feel for the game and moves.   With that in mind, Bogi is going to have to come in and find his role.   Gunner.   He doesn't have to be the Basketball champion.. Leader of the Horde.. but we will take that too.. but mainly, he has to get his numbers up to what they were like a few years ago.   Over 41% from three.   If he does that and he becomes our KK on the second unit, he could play lights out for the chip...

This also is going to be Nate's biggest coaching test.   Nate has put in some offense.. we've seen it.   If he can get our defense right with the personnel that we have, sky is the limit for this team. 

We Going To The Ship Hardball GIFs | Tenor

I forgot all about the Bogi-man.

My goodness adding him and his shot making to what we are seeing now is going to be something special.

I wonder if his knees will be able to hold up with our new tempo.

That second unit is going to be much better than advertised with the way the Holidaze are looking so far. Add in Bogi and JJ to this and it’s something nasty to think about.

Im hoping for better injury luck this year, but I also feel really confident about our depth. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I forgot all about the Bogi-man.

My goodness adding him and his shot making to what we are seeing now is going to be something special.

I wonder if his knees will be able to hold up with our new tempo.

That second unit is going to be much better than advertised with the way the Holidaze are looking so far. Add in Bogi and JJ to this and it’s something nasty to think about.

Im hoping for better injury luck this year, but I also feel really confident about our depth. 

I think with us expecting him to play less like DJM and more like Kyle Korver, his knees will hold up just fine.   I think the real question is defense.   We will have Holidaze, Bogi, OO, and Jalen on that second unit.   I don't know what the defense is going to look like because of the quality of defenders we have.   There's a lot of underpinned hope that Jalen will come in and be able to play strong defense at the 4.. even though slightly undersized. 

We haven't even reached in pocket to talk about AG21 and Cullver and Vitt.   Right now, we have a lot to work with!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sturt said:

Good to see our head coach appears to be following me on HawkSquawk even while he's several time zones away...

And why not, he followed my last 2 first round pick draft sheet and followed it to a T! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya @marco102 I think mentioned the hesitation and not so much this year. A second goes a long way. Nice quick decisions Hunter!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

We haven't even reached in pocket to talk about AG21 and Cullver and Vitt.   Right now, we have a lot to work with!!

Im higher on Martin right now than I am Culver, but the other 2 guys yes, I totally agree.

AJ has some serious game and potential. His body is already an advantage compared to a guy like Kev who still hasn’t filled out. He has an NBA ready skill with his shooting (I previously predicted that it would translate). If Bogi/Dre/J Holiday take him under their wing I can see him being a solid fill in this season and establishing a full-time role by next season. He is starting to remind me of JR Smith with his shooting and athleticism as well as the ability to put it on the floor when needed.

Vitt- I’m really excited about his potential. His feel for the game is natural, Bogi-esque. I want to see more of him but hopefully only because of blowouts and not injuries. I like him as a utility guy that you can plug multiple spots with and figure it out.

AJ, Vitt, Martin, Culver are all super talented young prospects that are on our 3rd string. We have some serious quality of depth on the roster.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Vitt- I’m really excited about his potential. His feel for the game is natural, Bogi-esque. I want to see more of him but hopefully only because of blowouts and not injuries. I like him as a utility guy that you can plug multiple spots with and figure it out.

Vit! I'm going out on a limb (hope it doesn't break 😄) and calling him Manu-lite.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=AST&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0012200036&PlayerID=1630249&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Pre Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0012200036&PlayerID=1630249&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Pre Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anybody else see a bit of JJJ in AJ’s game but in a wing’s body? I think it’s the release of the three, his legs aren’t in line one is ahead of the other.

Our Vitt, he drives like a Tomas Satoransky. That’s all I got.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate on the defense:

McMillan had some concerns on the other side of the ball. While Clint Capela played well in taking on the task of guarding two-time MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo – Capela forced all three of Antetokounmpo's turnovers on a steal and two charges drawn – McMillan wanted more from his perimeter players in terms of rebounding and help defense on Antetokounmpo (19 points, 6-16 FG).

"We weren't tight enough in our gaps and allowed (Giannis) to play in our paint. We have to do a better job of keeping our body in front of the basketball," McMillan said. "Our guards, they know that they have to be better this season helping our bigs rebound the basketball."

Thought I'd bump this thread to look back at the preseason games since we play the Bucks tonight.  See what worked and what didn't.

This should be De'Andre Hunter's game. He'll be matched up vs Jrue or Grayson Allen and should take advantage. He's gotta stop fouling 3pt shooters and rebound.

We've got to do a better job of boxing out, their guards and wings killed us with rebounds.

iIf the preseason holds to firm, Clint will start off defending Giannis.

How Trae handles the defensive pressure from Carter - giving up the ball early on traps etc and being the Maestro will be big.

Portis has given us problems - How do we contain him. JJ and OO has to match his intensity and physicalilty.

• Like 2