• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns want #8 for Ayton.

NBA Rumors: Suns Interested in Trading Vet for No. 8 Pick to Create Ayton Cap Space

The Phoenix Suns are reportedly looking at ways to keep Deandre Ayton despite an unceremonious ending to the season.

Per ESPN's Jonathan Givony, the Suns are among the teams interested in acquiring the No. 8 pick from the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2022 NBA draft and could include "a player like Cameron Johnson in order to free up salary-cap flexibility" to re-sign Ayton.

The Suns currently have $129.2 million in payroll commitments to nine players next season. Team governor Robert Sarver has indicated a willingness to go into the luxury tax if they are in a position to "compete at the highest level" for a championship.

I hate calling BS on Givony...  but Johnson only makes 5.8 Million dollars.  That's not Freeing...

Freeing would at least be Aaron Holiday or Bridges...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

We're going to have to call New York on this one, and get a ruling from HQ.... not sure if you're allowed to use GIFs as a communication substitute for actual words. I'm inclined to think you're limited to GIFs that are only facial expressions, me.

It takes a special soul to be able to use the gif in place of actual words.  It's an acquired skill, sir.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It takes a special soul to be able to use the gif in place of actual words.  It's an acquired skill, sir.

Yes. But Beasley reminds that the rules of jinx are rigid. She said rigid.

• Haha 2

At this point nothing would be shocking except Ben Simmons or KD getting traded to the Hawks. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these players traded to us before or during the draft:

KAT
Rudy Gobert
Jerami Grant
Harrison Barnes
DeAngelo Russell
Donovan Mitchell

After the draft SNT:

Ayton
Lavine

Edited by theheroatl

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Idk. I can only tell you how good I think he's going to be. I think he's the next Derrick White but 6'8 with a 6'11 wingspan instead of 6'5 with a 6'8 wingspan who's built like Delon Wright whereas Daniels is built like a young Klay Thompson. 

Rather start Delon Wright than waste assets on Daniels. Ceiling is Lonzo Ball without the jumper.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If we traded JC for a pick and there were no further moves to bring in a star/superstar... the message sent is that we're not serious.. At All. 

Silly season is upon us...

Where draft picks in a weak draft become so incredibly "great" that we forget that these guys didn't do enough to make themselves can't miss picks.  With the draft in 2 days, nobody can say who will be the first pick overall with 100% confidence.

We got guys fiending on mediocre talent. 

Crack Crackhead GIF - Crack Crackhead Feen - Discover & Share GIFs

3 more days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I hate calling BS on Givony

He's been as-advertised in terms of his mock draft accuracy... one of the best if not "the."

I'm less certain he's as reliable when it comes to predicting trades, but then again, I really haven't monitored that part.

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

JC and Huerter seem the most likely to move first for something.

Just now, sturt said:

I'm less certain he's as reliable when it comes to predicting trades,

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Not sure but I wouldn't be surprised or shocked like Supes thinks we will be.. 

I mean, this is still the Hawks. Their plan could be so terrible we're suprised they're even considering it.

Edited by nathan2331
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Not sure but I wouldn't be surprised or shocked like Supes thinks we will be.. 

JC and Huerter seem the most likely to move first for something.

The only shocking thing would be trading Trae.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I hate calling BS on Givony...  but Johnson only makes 5.8 Million dollars.  That's not Freeing...

Freeing would at least be Aaron Holiday or Bridges...

Exposing the B.S. 

Givony supposedly said Cam Johnson for the pick frees up enough space for Phoenix to make Ayton an offer...

Johnson = 5.8 Million in Salary...  #8 pick = 4.173 Million in Salary.  =  1.672 Million dollars freed. 

Westbrook cleans his shoes with 1.672 Million dollars.  It's nothing. 

Plus, why would Phoenix need any money freed to resign Ayton?  He's their free agent.   They have his bird rights.  This is what we call...

Mis Me With The Bullshit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only shocking thing would be trading Trae.

I come from the other side of the court...

I'm gonna to be shocked if any of the young core are traded. Schlenk has taught me to trust that he does what he said he would do... or, in this case, to trust what he said he would not.

(Granted, he only said he thought people were overreaching in their analysis, and that he wasn't going to overhaul the roster... he wasn't that specific as to say none of the young core would be touched.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Sturt is the founder and is a Jedi Master of Hawksquawk posting!!!

I have been doing this a long time and I have never seen anybody.. and I mean Anybody..  Quote themself in a post that they were in the process of making...

Sturt just posted and before his posted posted... he posted a quote of what he was posting!!!!

You sir are a Jedi Master here!!!

Jedi Master GIFs | Tenor

*bump*

(hehe)

(More seriously, the algorithm controlling HS decided that my new post needed to be added to my previous post... too quick, I suppose.)

• Haha 2