• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Mannnnnnn . . . I thought it was going to be something new.

Tomato Pawer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I posted this before he finished his update.  This isn't worth tomoatoes being thrown at him.  If the Hawks did get two 1st round picks, that's pretty big.

I just don't know if that's worth giving up 2 solid starters that can help us win now.

As Supes said, the upside of getting two top 10 picks is always there.  But remember, we've done this before with obtaining Hunter and Reddish.  So picking in the top 10 is definitely not a guarantee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. I didn't say nothing about Ayton. As far as I know, he's going to be available for a SnT. I can just confirm that Cam Johnson was offered to NO for 8. That's all I can confirm.

What I said was don't put your eggs in one basket, Brook Lopez 101.

Teams like Kevin a lot more than I feel the message board does. Even the organization loves Kevin and his beautiful contract 

I'd rather keep Kev over Bogi, but we can do better than either of them. If Kev can get us #8, he should go. The Pelicans are a great situation for him to go to anyways.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. I didn't say nothing about Ayton. As far as I know, he's going to be available for a SnT. I can just confirm that Cam Johnson was offered to NO for 8. That's all I can confirm.

What I said was don't put your eggs in one basket, Brook Lopez 101.

Teams like Kevin a lot more than I feel the message board does. Even the organization loves Kevin and his beautiful contract 

Thanks it was hard to follow with all the moving parts. 

@NBASupes I value Kevin a lot.  There's a reason he's valuable. 

Jaden's isn't going to kill it his first year.but Trae is young and so is everyone except gobert, we got time, we are ahead of the curve with our first try and if we get a better opp.to draft a player we can dev with the core we need it, Ivey replaces the cam fiasco

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm throughly confused after listening. 

Are you saying the Phx suns are bringing Ayton back and trying to ship out Cam Johnson? I just think that's a smoke screen to raise the asking price in negotiations for Ayton. 

Can you write the trades out because following along listening I got confused.

Ahm... Hmm... I gave it a listen.  Don't get anything.  Garrett Temple???  

Ok... Uhmm... OK... 

So... here's my attempt...

Kev to NOP??  for Temple/Graham/#8?

Then 

#8/JC to SacTown for #4/Harrison Barnes...

Then

Graham/CC/Barnes to Utah for Gobert/Bogdanovic

So that all in all we get:

Ivey/Gobert and Bogdanovic... for  Kev/JC/CC.

That's me trying hard to follow.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The two key points...

29 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I posted this before he finished his update.  This isn't worth tomoatoes being thrown at him.  If the Hawks did get two 1st round picks, that's pretty big.

I just don't know if that's worth giving up 2 solid starters that can help us win now.

As Supes said, the upside of getting two top 10 picks is always there.  But remember, we've done this before with obtaining Hunter and Reddish.  So picking in the top 10 is definitely not a guarantee.

And.

It's not just two solid starters.

It's two solid starters, that are still young... one of whom has all the interest he's gotten because he's so widely regarded as a potential ASG guy as he moves into his mid-20s... and the other has all the interest he's gotten because he's shown himself capable of (a) taking over a playoff game and leading to a win... and (b) playing superior defense.

It's like investing in a stock for a few years of a small cap business, and just as they are widely regarded to be on the cusp of becoming a mid cap, and bigger dividends than ever...

You sell. You sell so you can buy stock in more small caps.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I'd also do 7 and Hart for JC (if that is possible), and then draft Tari Eason (+DEF, +SHOOTING) who appeals way more than Dyson Daniels to me.  That would be a defensive boost, and salary savings.  Tari is 21 years old, only 3 years younger than JC - older prospect better for win now (or win soon).