• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

OO is on $6M and $8M the next two years -- he's extremely valuable to our roster right now and is the type of player on a rookie deal you need to contend.  If we ship him out in a package for Murray I'll lose all faith in TS

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

When I proposed the Hawks trade for Murray back in December, I had the Hawks giving up Hunter, Okongwu and Huerter to the Spurs for Murray.  The trade on the table basically substitutes Collins for Hunter and a draft pick for Huerter.  My thinking now is the Spurs want to draft TyTy Washington from Kentucky to run the backcourt and that pick from the Hawks is being used somewhere else.

Ty Ty Washington is projected to go after the Hawks' pick.

Edited by marco102

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Exactly. Delusional. Murray ain't worth that. I think some doofuses are so happy to get a guard as thats their #1 dream, everyone is expendable in their eyes. They forget. This is a big man type team that plays through our bigs and quality bigs are hard to find in this league.

Don't get it twisted, I don't mind trading Okongwu for Murray but that's it. If you want picks or other players, you don't want Okongwu then. It's that simple.

It's one or the other for me.  Either JC or OO, not both.  I don't really care about the picks so much.  Throw those in with either.  I'm also in for Bogie if that sweetens the deal.  But they can't have JC AND OO.  Too much, imo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yea but it literally creates another big hole at PF.

That all depends on how they feel about Jalen Johnson at PF long term.  If they liked what they saw when they gave him time last year.  That might make the move for them much easier to pull the trigger on something like this.  Johnsons upside is pretty serious imo he has a very good chance to be as good if not better than Collins in the long run if given time on the court.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

OO is on $6M and $8M the next two years -- he's extremely valuable to our roster right now and is the type of player on a rookie deal you need to contend.  If we ship him out in a package for Murray I'll lose all faith in TS

Why yall acting like its easy to find a perfect backcourt mate for Trae? I like OO too.. Just sayin...

Edited by terrell

I got the first end of this trade right back in December ( Hawks trading for Murray and sending Okongwu, etc.).  The board will blow up if Travis completes the back end of my proposal and send Murray to the Nets for Kyrie and Claxton. lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ayton team won over 60 games and you still didnt want him.. Stop it.. 

If he were so great, his team would be at least .500 but it didn't happen...They were still 14 games under .500

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But Murray's skillset next to Trae is the perfect compliment.  Murrary can guard 1 -3.  Playmake, attack the rim.  His three point shooting is the only real question, but he's a decent spot up shooter and Trae can get him those.

All of that can be true.

And.

All of what I said still remains true.

It's not enough to just get a new toy. Even one that is the "perfect compliment."

You must win the trade.

And not to distract from that point, but to directly speak to yours... it's not like John isn't the "perfect compliment" to Trae as a big man. Pretty damn close.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It's one or the other for me.  Either JC or OO, not both.  I don't really care about the picks so much.  Throw those in with either.  I'm also in for Bogie if that sweetens the deal.  But they can't have JC AND OO.  Too much, imo. 

Yeah. Murray just ain't worth all that. You would be asking for way too much. This dude isn't Kevin Durant

Edited by NBASupes

Okay, now that all the excitement has calmed down, can we talk actual numbers?

Murray is making $16.57 mil next year 

JC is making $23.5 next season.

Spurs can ask for a haul all they want to but they have to give us more back than just Murray.

If the rumors are true and its JC+ multiple picks + another young player, let’s just say that brings our value to 30+ mil outgoing

So, what on Earth is SAS going to be sending back with Murray to make this trade work?

Am I off base, cap people? I don’t do numbers for a reason

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

JC and Sharife maybe, but JJ/OO cant be a part of this if there are also multiple picks involved... JC is a borderline all-star talent already

Exactly. I don't even mind trading Okongwu but he's a centerpiece, not a filler. If you want fillers, Jalen Johnson is your guy

• Like 1