• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

I don't know who KD would want the Hawks to try and go for if he did agree to be traded to Atlanta. We are already in "they are just talking" stage. I haven't heard anything beyond my last update.

He understands that we will be VERY limited with capspace and assets though, right?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I don't know who KD would want the Hawks to try and go for if he did agree to be traded to Atlanta. We are already in "they are just talking" stage. I haven't heard anything beyond my last update.

I really don't think he'd want us to go for anybody too high profile.   His thing is to prove his legacy.  He can't do that always Lebroning up a Superteam.    Also.. that's why he wouldn't retire.  

KD.

1.  Loves the game too much. 

2.   Has something to prove now that GS won a ring without him. 

His whole legacy has moved from being one of the best players ever to being a guy who left a good team to form a superteam... i.e. the ultimate ring chaser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He understands that we will be VERY limited with capspace and assets though, right?

These guys don't care about that.  They just expect the teams to make it happen.  Reasoning being, in their minds, teams make enough to not care about luxury tax.  They (teams) just hold back and use cap implications as an excuse.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Let's not go down the KD rabbit hole please. Focus on Murray. 

I actually agree with this. I'm wondering if Ressler heard KD is available and is pushing this. Ressler is way more hands on that people think he is.

• Sad 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

My biggest question - does KD have an interest in coming to the Hawks?  Are we on his 'list'?

If not - we need to move on.

This is just the big news going on in league circles. Atlanta is one of the teams that have met Brooklyn asking price but KD makes the final call and he only wants to play for a championship contender. 

• Premium Member

Sounds like if we manage to get KD, it's because we have other plans to fill out the roster to make ourselves a contender.

We're in a good spot right now, and Travis needs to play his hand really carefully. Today feels like a pivotal moment in Atlanta Hawks history

• Like 2

Just now, kg01 said:

These guys don't care about that.  They just expect the teams to make it happen.  Reasoning being, in their minds, teams make enough to not care about luxury tax.  They (teams) just hold back and use cap implications as an excuse.

Tony doesn't give a shit about the LT if the team is good enough. He will pay is what he's told everyone around the league 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This is just the big news going on in league circles. Atlanta is one of the teams that have met Brooklyn asking price but KD makes the final call and he only wants to play for a championship contender. 

KD a lil b!tch doh 😣 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I actually agree with this. I'm wondering if Ressler heard KD is available and is pushing this. Ressler is way more hands on that people think he is.

Sigh!  Hire basketball people and let them make the decisions.  

Stop looking to line your pockets.  He probably saw this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And this what people miss - a team just can't decide 'I'm going into the Luxury Tax'.  It requires a series of moves to actually get there.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And this what people miss - a team just can't decide 'I'm going into the Luxury Tax'.  It requires a series of moves to actually get there.

Atlanta is technically a LT team for 2022-23

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Now that we are united, the squawk is ours.

Indeed, indeed......

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

👀 

Shhhh .....

Didn't you watch Game of Thrones?  I'm supposed to get the other kingdoms on board then spring a trap on 'em.

Bleach won't know what hit 'im. 

• Haha 2