• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

29 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I agree with you JC does the right things and falls in line into his role, etc. but I don't think the chemistry is really there.  I don't like speculating (read: i love speculating) and I think I've mentioned it before, but John and Trae really don't seem to gel well off the court.  I went to ~30 games last year and one of my favorite things to do during timeouts, inbetween quarters, half time, end of game, etc. is to watch how the players interact with each other on our team.  IMO Trae and John do not have a strong relationship -- and do not read that to mean the opposite is true because I also don't think they hate each other -- but I do think John really wants to be the vocal leader of the team and because Trae doesn't really respect him in that role, it doesn't work out well and causes mini schisms in team chemistry.  Schlenk is all about the psychology of winning basketball, so I'm guessing this is one of many the reasons JC is constantly mentioned and will not be a long term piece on the team.

I've told people multiple times that I've seen JC (and others) look visibly annoyed when Trae over dribbles or just misses them and jacks up an ill timed 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I've told people multiple times that I've seen JC (and others) look visibly annoyed when Trae over dribbles or just misses them and jacks up an ill timed 3

Well i think they've said as much that they are not the best of friends.   It's surprising though that Trae likes Capela so much.   I've never seen Capela, the biggest guy on the court, fighting for Trae when he's getting pushed around.  

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

That's an odd dynamic.... the guy just elevated to his boss' former position, feeling his boss overstepped, and taking action to counteract those missteps.... hmmmm.

I work for a Fortune 500 company. Trust me, I've seen it happen all the time. One boss is promoted up, an assistant takes over that position and tries to fix the errors the previous boss made. Or at least what was perceived as errors. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well i think they've said as much that they are not the best of friends.   It's surprising though that Trae likes Capela so much.   I've never seen Capela, the biggest guy on the court, fighting for Trae when he's getting pushed around.  

I'm gonna be honest

Around the entire league Trae is not well liked. Not that he has to be of course, I don't want some buddy buddy type shit. But I mean to the point where good players probably don't wanna come play with him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Everything continues to point to the fact that majority of rumors, inside info, leaks is deliberate misinformation from agents, teams, and media outlets.   And a lot of it gets the grapevine treatment once it's out there. 

I don't doubt that these conversations are taking place, just that we don't know how serious any of it is, or which ones are more real than others.  Or what is being leaked to drive up/down a players value to improve a separate trade that is being worked.

I'm sure every GM speaks with every other GM in the NBA during the season multiple times.  We should be asking about players when they come available. 

Hypothetically it could be as simple as Schlenk calling up Sean Marks about Durant just to get an idea of cost, and Marks saying it's going to take OO/Collins/JJ/3 1sts and Schlenk saying FU and hanging up.  Then it gets leaked to the media that ATL is strongly considering this offer for Durant.  Brooklyn has good motivation to leak that since it could drive up Durant's price to another team, even if talks with ATL were never serious anyway.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I did get some information. That KD and the Nets would prefer to work it out and hope Kyrie can come to an agreement. 

Atlanta is likely out on Ayton. Trae really vouched for Capela and make it clear he wants to continue playing with him for the long haul. This is Trae play. 

While Atlanta will always persue options, JC market isn't going to get Atlanta interested in any trades. 

Atlanta wants to bring in more vets as depth pieces. Delon, Bogi, and Okongwu are perfect but they are looking for a vet to replace Gallo and battle with JJ for PT and a vet who has value to fight for PT with Griffin at the 3. 

Otto Porter Jr, Taurean Prince, Thad Young, Nic Batum, P.J. Tucker, and Montrezl Harrell have came up according to him.

They are always going to shop for trades but the value gotta make sense. 

I really wanna know why trae is vouching for a guy that cannot shoot and has some of the worst touch in the league. Capela does a lot of good for the hawks but if he just had good touch trae assists would go up by 1-2 per game lol. My guess is they do have great chemistry in the pick and roll and he doesn't want to have to go through that process again but seems like a dumb play for trae to make

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I really wanna know why trae is vouching for a guy that cannot shoot and has some of the worst touch in the league. Capela does a lot of good for the hawks but if he just had good touch trae assists would go up by 1-2 per game lol. My guess is they do have great chemistry in the pick and roll and he doesn't want to have to go through that process again but seems like a dumb play for trae to make

The same reason why CP3 wanted him. He just does his job and doesn't complain and Trae is much better with him than without him

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Becoming obvious that the chemistry issues on the team are big.   Everyone blamed LP and then had a honeymoon period with Nate.  Once the season started everyone went back to their agendas i think.   Most of them gave them up and started playing together better around mid January when they realized they might not make the playoffs and some of them realized they weren't getting traded.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I agree with you JC does the right things and falls in line into his role, etc. but I don't think the chemistry is really there.  I don't like speculating (read: i love speculating) and I think I've mentioned it before, but John and Trae really don't seem to gel well off the court.  I went to ~30 games last year and one of my favorite things to do during timeouts, inbetween quarters, half time, end of game, etc. is to watch how the players interact with each other on our team.  IMO Trae and John do not have a strong relationship -- and do not read that to mean the opposite is true because I also don't think they hate each other -- but I do think John really wants to be the vocal leader of the team and because Trae doesn't really respect him in that role, it doesn't work out well and causes mini schisms in team chemistry.  Schlenk is all about the psychology of winning basketball, so I'm guessing this is one of many the reasons JC is constantly mentioned and will not be a long term piece on the team.

Ive said this before.....Trae isnt listening to no damn JC.. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta is likely out on Ayton.

Chris K's article last night said that the Hawks dont want to pay Ayton a max, so this all lines up

Hopefully we can get Murray and some vets. Would be a successful off season in my opinion.

I think we ultimately do Aj + JC + 2 Frp which I think is good value? 

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I work for a Fortune 500 company. Trust me, I've seen it happen all the time. One boss is promoted up, an assistant takes over that position and tries to fix the errors the previous boss made. Or at least what was perceived as errors. 

No, I get that.

But the noted difference is that those who get promoted up, ordinarily, get promoted to higher levels of authority, and with more people working beneath them on the org chart than previously. And so, in their new position, the promoted person has so many other things to concern him/herself with, as their own job description has changed... ie, the breadth and depth of their responsibilities... in some exceptional ways.

That's not the case here.

Travis' job description is pretty much as it was before. Sure, some rearrangement of duties has occurred, but nothing substantial unless one considers doing post-draft press conferences to be substantial.

It's still Travis' desk where that buck stops, and it's not like he has other responsibilities and an expanded list of people to manage. It's more like a title change than it is a responsibility change. Anything Fields does that is explicitly understood as correcting his boss' missteps is unavoidably a kind of slight to his boss.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive said this before.....Trae isnt listening to no damn JC.. lol

Trae's attitude toward JC sometimes is the same attitude I saw him show when asked about differences he'd had with his head coach.

It's not seemed to me a character strength.

But he has to recognize that. No one else can recognize it for him. I think it will come over time. I'd like to think it will.

Yes, you need some cockiness. But you need.. and Trae does have... some capacity for humility as well.

The trick, then, is having the discernment to know when one or the other is best/smart.