• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'd be interested to hear that argument how you assess that the void left by JC vs. whoever fills that spot is lesser than the current state of the roster where you go from Huerter/BogBog to Murray.

My own sense is it's not a demonstrable difference, even being kind. I mean, really, have we forgotten how many of us threw up our hands after JC's injury and said, "Welp... guess we're not making the EC Finals this year for sure now."

A lot.

Currently, Huerter as our starting SG does not play defense or playmake nearly as well as Murray does, and you're underestimating the jump in improvement I think. One of the biggest issues in the Miami series was Trae was getting double teamed constantly, and we had no one who could punish that.

Murray coming in instantly solves that problem. 

He is also a hound on the defensive end, creating a ton of transition opportunities with his steals. We're a great half court team, but transition points are easy points, and it was painful watching the hawks work so hard to take a tough low percentage shot ever possession again Miami.

On top of that, he's a good rebounder. 

His poor shooting vs Kevin shouldn't outweigh everything else he brings.

In the playoffs, Clint was injured so JC being gone meant we had no one to abuse Miami's size. Of course we would throw our hands up not having a healthy front court lol.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TRW said:

I can't believe it Chris, I understood why we traded Cam Reddish and it still hurts, but yes, it looks like we dodged a bullet. I believe this guy will still be a superstar if he can bite the injury bug. Cam needs a fresh start (young, losing team)where he can put up big numbers and develop. Unfortunately for him he played on two teams with plenty of depth at his position. I'm praying for the kid though.

He has to grow up. Plain and simple. He shrunk next to competition at Duke, and he is unhappy with competing for playing time as a pro. 

He is more talented than any one of the wings we had on the roster, all he had to do was lock in and be consistent. He is the prototypical player fit next to Trae. Everything we are excited about in Murray, Cam can do too plus 4 inches of height, but he just can’t seem to put it all together.

Sucks for us and him honestly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, akay said:

Currently, Huerter as our starting SG does not play defense or playmake nearly as well as Murray does, and you're underestimating the jump in improvement I think. One of the biggest issues in the Miami series was Trae was getting double teamed constantly, and we had no one who could punish that.

Murray coming in instantly solves that problem. 

He is also a hound on the defensive end, creating a ton of transition opportunities with his steals. We're a great half court team, but transition points are easy points, and it was painful watching the hawks work so hard to take a tough low percentage shot ever possession again Miami.

On top of that, he's a good rebounder. 

His poor shooting vs Kevin shouldn't outweigh everything else he brings.

In the playoffs, Clint was injured so JC being gone meant we had no one to abuse Miami's size. Of course we would throw our hands up not having a healthy front court lol.

The biggest issue against Miami is Capela and JC was hurt. We couldn't run our usual stuff. It just highlighted the issue with our wings and Trae being ball dominant. 

I think Murray is overrated on here. I don't love the fit. Too small a backcourt. Murray defense is elite against PGs but he never locked down 2 guards and other wings like that. He's not Marcus Smart on D. 

He is a hound on D but he's always playing next to good defensive guys, not Trae Young. Would he be a hound next to Trae, I don't know. 

He's an excellent rebounder for a guard

For that cost my man, that cost is a non-starter for me. 

That actually hurt us for everything. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He has to grow up. Plain and simple. He shrunk next to competition at Duke, and he is unhappy with competing for playing time as a pro. 

He is more talented than any one of the wings we had on the roster, all he had to do was lock in and be consistent. He is the prototypical player fit next to Trae. Everything we are excited about in Murray, Cam can do too plus 4 inches of height, but he just can’t seem to put it all together.

Sucks for us and him honestly.

Cam got bad advise from his agent and his circle. Should have done what JJ Reddick said:

"Outperform the role you are assigned. No skipping steps."

It's not too late for him to turn it around, he's still young, but he has to have a different mindset and put in the work behind his talent. Maybe he goes the Billips route 5 teams in his first 5 years before finding his forever team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akay said:

I just moved to Oakland and have been enjoying the...medication. In a spin cycle quite often lol 

Welcome to the Bay bro 😎! If you need an “I hate the scrubs” group or anything PM me I’ll juice ya up. :yes:

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest issue against Miami is Capela and JC was hurt. We couldn't run our usual stuff. It just highlighted the issue with our wings and Trae being ball dominant. 

I think Murray is overrated on here. I don't love the fit. Too small a backcourt. Murray defense is elite against PGs but he never locked down 2 guards and other wings like that. He's not Marcus Smart on D. 

He is a hound on D but he's always playing next to good defensive guys, not Trae Young. Would he be a hound next to Trae, I don't know. 

So who would you put with Trae in the back court and dont say Huerter or Bogi

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam got bad advise from his agent and his circle. Should have done what JJ Reddick said:

"Outperform the role you are assigned. No skipping steps."

It's not too late for him to turn it around, he's still young, but he has to have a different mindset and put in the work behind his talent. Maybe he goes the Billips route 5 teams in his first 5 years before finding his forever team.

FACTS FACTS FACTS FACTS FACTS. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's the other things he brings for me.  He does guard two guards and the bigger players pretty well for his size, but you have Hunter for the bigger players and Murray for the quick point guards.  

It's the playmaking and ballhandling I'm liking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

So who would you put with Trae in the back court and dont say Huerter or Bogi

Kevin or Bogi. Duh! Keep developing them and developing Skylar, A.J. and Tyrese and see who emerges until we can make a trade that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

It's the other things he brings for me.  He does guard two guards and the bigger players pretty well for his size, but you have Hunter for the bigger players and Murray for the quick point guards.  

It's the playmaking and ballhandling I'm liking.

To a degree. 

I agree with playmaking and ballhandling. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin or Bogi. Duh! Keep developing them and developing Skylar, A.J. and Tyrese and see who emerges until we can make a trade that makes sense

You mean from a cost stand point? Because Murray makes sense. 

Supes I believe Dejounte Murray would be a great fit, if he's a legitimate 6-4. Honestly, most of the best Shooting Guards in the league are very similar in size. 

Kyrie: 6-2

Harden: 6-5

Lavine: 6-5

Beal: 6-2

McCollum: 6-3

Brown: 6-6, might cause some issues but only is two inches taller.

Booker: 6-5

Herro: 6-5

Thompson: 6-6

Mitchell: 6-1

The best part about Murray is when we play teams like Charlotte. He could guard LaMelo and Trae could guard Rozier. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin or Bogi. Duh! Keep developing them and developing Skylar, A.J. and Tyrese and see who emerges until we can make a trade that makes sense. 

Even know that Kevin is a turnstile and Bogi knees is bad and also a turnstile as well.

I can understand that we should stick with them and see them develop however the issue is that I dont Nate and his staff does a good job on developing talent (in my opinion) plus it does not show Trae that we are serious about winning it all.  You can see where I am going with this.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A risky venture for Schlenk to risk his entire job on the development of a 30 year old player with severe knee issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To a degree. 

I agree with playmaking and ballhandling. 

PGs run the NBA. Murray can guard those guys at an elite level. Trae will love it. He also takes away the pressure from Hunter on rebounding the ball.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

A risky venture for Schlenk to risk his entire job on the development of a 30 year old player with severe knee issues.

He can try to trade Bogi but he's not going to get anything better than Bogi. At least Bogi is very productive metrics wise as a 6th man. What's going to hurt is our bench once Gallo is gone. 

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

PGs run the NBA. Murray can guard those guys at an elite level. Trae will love it. He also takes away the pressure from Hunter on rebounding the ball.

This part is true. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1