• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
On 6/25/2022 at 1:15 PM, thecampster said:

Rumor out of Boston is they would break up Brown and Tatum if the right deal materialized. Brown is a player we've coveted for a long time who has local ties.  I'm not saying this is being discussed actively, but there is a chance Brown is shopped this offseason and if so, we'd be one of his preferred destinations.  Do I think its happening, no. Do I think its possible?...small chance.

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Just saw this.

One thing's for sure... Fischer seems to be the source for pretty much every rumor at this point... unless I'm missing something (?)...

2022-06-26_19-28-42.png

Maybe some truth regarding @thecampster post above regarding Brown

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We are well past the first opportunity.  KD is 34 years old.  Will cost too much and most likely isn't even entertaining Atl. 

Go build up a young contender with players that  are  on the same timeline as Trae. 

The KD/Kyrie situation has ramifications across the league, not just with the Hawks, and will be the catalyst for player movement all around. The insiders and reporters have both alluded to this.  

Do you want to jump the gun and blow all your assets now not knowing a)the landscape you’ll be competing in and b) the full breadth of available options?

Sounds impatient.

6 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

The KD/Kyrie situation has ramifications across the league, not just with the Hawks, and will be the catalyst for player movement all around. The insiders and reporters have both alluded to this.  

Do you want to jump the gun and blow all your assets now not knowing a)the landscape you’ll be competing in and b) the full breadth of available options?

Sounds impatient.

Nope. I would go get Murray if the deal is reasonable.

I should say the KD situation shouldn't stop the Hawks from executing the Murray trade. The Likelihood of you getting KD is near zero and you shouldn't wait on more realistic options of improving the team.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, georgia said:

If we’re trading jc.    I’d do the deal in a min And send pics.   Miami series showed we need another play maker

I won't say I don't want another playmaker, but I will say that we've covered this, and that MIA series keeps getting proposed as evidence of all kinds of things that, given the fuller context, makes that evidence... in light of the .621 the Real Hawks ran... weaker sauce than proponents want it to be.

And...  tenor.gif?itemid=13962423

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I won't say I don't want another playmaker, but I will say that we've covered this, and that MIA series keeps getting proposed as evidence of all kinds of things that, given the fuller context, makes that evidence... in light of the .621 the Real Hawks ran... weaker sauce than proponents want it to be.

The Miami series was more about the bigs being hurt than another playmaker  

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

We can win 62% of our games or 82% or whatever given how you want to cut the data, but it doesn't change the fact we still would have had to go through Miami or Boston in the east and both of those squads would have handed us the same kind of series loss we saw.  Just watching that series and frankly, other Hawks games, it's very clear we need a second facilitator.  I personally have wanted to add defense before thinking about another facilitator (which is why I've been high on Gobert), but Murray is a rare guy that gives you both and would be a perfect fit.  First rounders sound expensive but the reality is we're not tanking and we're very unlikely to be in the lottery as long as Trae is around.  Giving up picks in the 20+ range for a guy that is an all-star is not that bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Miami series was more about the bigs being hurt than another playmaker  

Still could have used another ball handler and rebounder. Murray plays with grit something that waa severely lacking with the team last year. They were just out hustled in so many games.

One thing not mentioned is Murray is a great locker room leader. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, but genuinely shows he cares for his teammates from what I've been reading.

Edited by marco102

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nope. I would go get Murray if the deal is reasonable.

Well that’s the question, what’s reasonable?  What’s reasonable in a vacuum?  What’s reasonable in the market?

I just wonder when I see reasoning like this

Go build up a young contender with players that  are  on the same timeline as Trae”  

When the key trade pieces are a young player that played on a young contender and draft assets that all fit the same timeline as Trae.  Sounds like shuffling to shuffle and apologies, quoting you seems to have screw up the formatting. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Still could have used another ball handler and rebounder. Murray plays with grit something that waa severely lacking with the team last year. They were just out hustled in so many games.

One thing not mentioned is Murray is a great locker room leader. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, but genuinely shows he cares for his teammates from what I've been reading.

Murray just too small to be next to Trae. Name the last backcourt to win a title where the backcourt was under 185 pounds. And we got to max him too. 

I know he makes us better. I know that. That's a fact. But I remember those small backcourt get chewed alive in the playoffs with the rules being more loose. 

I don't like it. Honestly, I hope it's dead and not revived. That's not even considering the trade package which we know is going to be extreme. They want a Jrue Holiday package. That's a lot. 

I am just thinking about the playoffs because that's ultimately what matters. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Murray just too small to be next to Trae. Name the last backcourt to win a title where the backcourt was under 185 pounds. And we got to max him too. 

I know he makes us better. I know that. That's a fact. But I remember those small backcourt get chewed alive in the playoffs with the rules being more loose. 

I don't like it. Honestly, I hope it's dead and not revived. That's not even considering the trade package which we know is going to be extreme. They want a Jrue Holiday package. 

Isiah was 6’1 and 180

Dumars was 6’3 and 190ish

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Meaning there is only one player that will get Boston to trade Brown. 

I would caution you about speaking in absolutes like this.  Saying things like "I'll never marry a redhead" is the one surefire way to ensure you end up marrying a redhead.

The reality is Boston is already $8 million over the LT entering the 2022-23 season. Now Boston only has 1 empty roster slot and 2 non-guaranteed salaries (minus Horford's partial guarantee). Their only pathway to improve and get back to the Finals (they were very lucky getting there this year) is to make trades and to get the kind of improvement you need, you have to do something with their top salaries.  That $19 million partial guarantee to Horford really hampers them. There is also the feeling that after his contract ends in 2 seasons, Brown will want to see if he can find a better situation. Boston knows this and Brown is not off-limits.  There is no rush to trade him but they realize that Brown wants a perfect situation.

Much like our situation with Collins. They value Brown and there is no bad blood. But their only path forward may be through using brown to upgrade their weaknesses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1