• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Jonathon Issac? The guy that refused to take a knee for police brutality and spoke out against the vaccine when covid was killing black people more than anybody else? In Atlanta with Trae? lol.. Not happening..

And dont make this political.. Im just saying.. Cant see it Diesel..

He's entitled to his opinion 

• Like 1

When I first mentioned the Hawks trading for Murray last December, it wasn't about the Spurs ripping the team apart. They really like Murray. They wanted to trade him and get a true point guard, not a combo guard. Since they also don't wanna pay anybody, both those reasons made Murray available. Pops wants another Tony Parker. Murray has more total value than Parker. If getting younger overall means getting rid of players, it's more a money reset than a rebuild.  Murray is there for the taking and has been there. I wanted Kyrie for Murray in a 3 team trade initially back in December, but I see the better overall value with Murray.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

Ya know.

I can't get my head around the idea of a 19 year-old coming into the league and making a hill of beans worth of difference to our pursuit of the first ATL Hawks NBA title, no matter how well he shoots, and no matter how the other numbers are drool-worthy.

But.

I can get my head around the idea of Jalen coming into the league and by the second 41 games rising up to become... not a superstar, not even a star, but yeah... "making a field of beans worth of difference." It happens for a handful of teams every season that a guy at his age and his talent level asserts himself and turns heads... and propels his team to maybe 2 or 3 or 4 more wins than they otherwise would have earned, then proves a key asset in the post season.

Can say the same for Big2O, because I just believe the kid can shoot based on his form; and, at that point that he becomes an offensive threat away from the basket, he emerges as drool-worthy.

Can say the same for Dre. He has to come into 22-23 with a lot of confidence based on his last game of 21-22. He's got game.

I'm looking so forward to this season. As long as Ressler doesn't screw it up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

When I first mentioned the Hawks trading for Murray last December, it wasn't about the Spurs ripping the team apart. They really like Murray. They wanted to trade him and get a true point guard, not a combo guard. Since they also don't wanna pay anybody, both those reasons made Murray available. Pops wants another Tony Parker. Murray has more total value than Parker. If getting younger overall means getting rid of players, it's more a money reset than a rebuild.  Murray is there for the taking and has been there. I wanted Kyrie for Murray in a 3 team trade initially back in December, but I see the better overall value with Murray.

Kyrie has caused dysfunction in everyteam he's been on since Cleveland.  Leave Kyrie in LA.  If he doesn't come with LBJ AND KD, I don't want him.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, akay said:

Would a trade for Murray have to happen before or after our decision to cut Gallo? Or does it not matter? 

Without knowing the particulars, it seems impossible to know one way or the other. Have little doubt, though, that with 48 hours out, they're putting some significant time into assessing all options, and not just on the Murray thing exclusively.

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Whew, glad I had the right of refusal put into my Squawk contract for trades.

Haha, like Kyrie, supes is using you as his KD leverage to avoid getting traded.  Little does he know, a buyout's being discussed.

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

That's is a huge haul!

Gotta offset the Kyrie-level negative value of my guy @NBASupes.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, terrell said:

Jonathon Issac..I didnt make it political nor racial...Its just facts..Kyrie never did any of those things as crazy as he is.. lol..

I was lost on who you were talking about. I get hit now you were comparing. I agree with you, Kyrie gets a bad rep for being a headcase when he just beats to his own drum. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, like Kyrie, supes is using you as his KD leverage to avoid getting traded.  Little does he know, a buyout's being discussed.

Gotta offset the Kyrie-level negative value of my guy @NBASupes.  

I've been planning a secret pair up with Tommy Snikers out of Chicago. He's a 4 tool NBA fan who can eat hot wings with drooling, follows Woj and Stein, has solid Meme game and went 34th in Stephen A's fantasy league. Sometimes you have to let a player go to build a championship roster.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3