• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Please respect that team, especially since we only lost 1 series that we weren't the higher seed.  They were the ones who put hope back into this franchise. 

We had missed the playoffs for 7 years in a row, before that group finally matured enough to get to that next level ( with the help of Bibby )

That team was the start of a 10 year consecutive playoff run, the longest in Hawks history.

I fully respect those teams (the highlight factory wasn’t just one year). But we got destroyed in the second round once we became a 3-6 seed apart from our magical run when we got swept by LeBron and scrubs in the EC finals. That was a Bud team, and highlight factory was more of a Josh Smith plus young players thing.

The first year of that run was sadly one of the most enjoyable because it was 1/8 against the loaded Celtics. Just so many beat downs in round 2 in the “true” highlight factory years.

Just got home, and WOOT! So stoked to get a perfect running mate for Trae in the backcourt. Eff them picks! Who cares. 

Gallo will always be a Darn Good Hawk, not only for his 2 seasons here but now also for helping consummate this trade. 

Would love to be able to somehow turn Bogi and JC into Siakam, but I know that's a very unlikely possibility. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Unless Atlanta is just trying to honor the fact that he wants out. I would keep him but like Denver with Nyland, Okongwu is primed and ready for a starting role at the 4. 

OO can play the 4 for us ONLY if we swap Capela for a stretch 5, or at least someone like Ayton who doesn't have to live in the paint on offense. Not happening without that, give up on that dream.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Just got home, and WOOT! So stoked to get a perfect running mate for Trae in the backcourt. Eff them picks! Who cares. 

Gallo will always be a Darn Good Hawk, not only for his 2 seasons here but now also for helping consummate this trade. 

Would love to be able to somehow turn Bogi and JC into Siakam, but I know that's a very unlikely possibility. 

OO can play the 4 for us ONLY if we swap Capela for a stretch 5, or at least someone like Ayton who doesn't have to live in the paint on offense. Not happening without that, give up on that dream.   

We ain't getting no stretch 5 and he's still gonna start at the 4. No matter if it's Ayton, Capela, etc.

Defense is what matters most. 

Edited by NBASupes

It's essentially 2 first and 2 seconds. The Charlotte pick will most likely covert to 2 seconds. It's time to win now. Star player is in his prime and can always recoup assets with trades. Who cares about the pick swap. Don't see a Spurs rebuild finishing with a better record in 26 so the pick swap will be meaningless. Still have assets to make another few moves.  A plus 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I want them to play SOME together, but Okongwu may not be fully ready to get major minutes at the 4.

Just give him spot minutes for now, and let JC handle the rest.

I agree.

A trio of JC, Ayton, and OO work together in any combination you choose. OO certainly would get a minutes bump in that scenario.

I don’t see the same thing being possible with CC, OO and JC, but if you’re Supes then it works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, gHost83 said:

It's essentially 2 first and 2 seconds. The Charlotte pick will most likely covert to 2 seconds. It's time to win now. Star player is in his prime and can always recoup assets with trades. Who cares about the pick swap. Don't see a Spurs rebuild finishing with a better record in 26 so the pick swap will be meaningless. Still have assets to make another few moves.  A plus 

Actually odds are Charlotte pick will convey, Travis said so himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Silver Fox on Bankhead too.. lol

If you wanted your life changed.... in more ways than 1 ... you coulda hit Tha Gate then Jazzy T's.....

1 minute ago, gHost83 said:

I think y'all sleeping on JJ. In the few times he got on the floor with Trae, he more than belonged.  He's going to make an impact next year.

Sadly, the one most asleep on JJ is Nathaniel.  Somebody in management need to shake his a** and wake him up.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He’s been speaking that narrative in his head for awhile though lol. You know they will keep trying to win, but based on their history who knows. 

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's top 14 protected for the next 2 years.  Depends on if they can retain Bridges. They haven't exactly done anything to improve their team so far. 

58 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The other thing I'll add, was Trae did some recruiting here.  It'll be the first time in a while we have a player that can convince other stars to come play with him.

I know Murray isn't a star yet, but he's a high caliber two way guard.   We hadn't gotten many of those. 

Excellent point!!

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree.

A trio of JC, Ayton, and OO work together in any combination you choose. OO certainly would get a minutes bump in that scenario.

I don’t see the same thing being possible with CC, OO and JC, but if you’re Supes then it works.

In order to have JC and Ayton, Bogi is basically going to be a giveaway and that's not happening. The hard cap/BYC makes Ayton a difficult get for us. Probably the biggest reason why JC is being heavily shopped outside of that he wants out

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In order to have JC and Ayton, Bogi is basically going to be a giveaway and that's not happening. The hard cap/BYC makes Ayton a difficult get for us. Probably the biggest reason why JC is being heavily shopped outside of that he wants out

Any updates from your source regarding what the FO is looking for in a John Collins trade now?

-cap space?

-draft picks?

-Better veteran bench talent?

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu getting 20mpg is disgusting. John will have to be traded.

JJ ain't cracking the rotation either. 

I had a lineup at first that looked like this.

PG - Trae ( 34 ) - Murray ( 14 )

G - Murray ( 18 ) - Bogi ( 26 ) - Huerter ( 4 )

F - Hunter ( 24 ) - Huerter ( 22 )

PF - Collins ( 32 ) -  Okongwu ( 8 ) - Hunter ( 8 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Okongwu ( 20 )

But that's just an 8 man rotation.  So if JJ doesn't crack the rotation, and Nate goes with 8, Okongwu should at least get 8 minutes at PF.  Hopefully that would increase as the year went on, and either Bogi or Huerter see less minutes overall.

• Like 1