• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

Yeah, his market sucks (and he is a good player, I wonder why) but maybe he could be the one that will be traded soon.

@Sothron and @thecampster has been very quiet since all of this is happening, so that means something is happening or they are tired.

exhausted....feeling like a gumball machine

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Guessing we’re going to be pretty quiet on the trade and free agency front until this KD situation gets resolved. 

Definitely.. damn KD put everyone on hold.

If KD green lights coming to ATL then this thread gonna add another 300 pages before a trade so may as well start the sequel.. part 3

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

I think we had bird rights on Delon Wright which makes him signing with someone else a little confusing to me? I like Coop but we could’ve signed Delon without cap? So that’s why it’s weird? Can anyone explain?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Remaining Free agent PGs:

Ricky Rubio PG 31.7> UFA IND TBD - - -
Dennis Schröder PG 28.8> UFA HOU TBD - - -
Avery Bradley PG 31.6> UFA LAL TBD - - -
Collin Sexton PG 23.4> RFA CLE TBD - - -
Facundo Campazzo PG 23.2> UFA DEN TBD - - -
Frank Jackson PG 24.1> UFA DET TBD - - -
Ryan Arcidiacono PG 28.2> UFA NYK TBD - - -
Rajon Rondo PG 36.3> UFA CLE TBD - - -
Aaron Holiday PG 25.8> UFA PHX TBD - - -
Austin Rivers PG 29.8> UFA DEN TBD - - -
Elfrid Payton PG 28.3> UFA PHX TBD - - -
Raul Neto PG 30.1> UFA WAS TBD - - -
Gary Payton II PG 29.5> UFA GSW TBD - - -
Carsen Edwards PG 24.2> RFA DET TBD - - -
Goran Dragic PG 36.1> UFA BKN TBD - - -
D.J. Augustin PG 34.6> UFA LAL TBD -
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, timebomb said:

I think we had bird rights on Delon Wright which makes him signing with someone else a little confusing to me? I like Coop but we could’ve signed Delon without cap? So that’s why it’s weird? Can anyone explain?

Murray will take all of Delons minutes. He's too expensive and too good to be PG#3

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Murray will take all of Delons minutes. He's too expensive and too good to be PG#3

No, he won't. Not if you truly believe the Trae + Dej combination is going to play a whole lotta minutes together. (I do.)

It may only be 6-12 minutes a night, but it will be consistent minutes. Plus, someone's getting traded, and that someone still could be either KVon or BogBog... in which case Delon would have plausibly gotten some SG minutes like McM began giving him at the end of the season.

Me figures that's the thing for Delon... he's walking into a situation in WAS where the FRP is going to get to play a lot, but it's still more time than he was likely getting here, and for probably the same-ish money.

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We have lost Gallo and Wright. Our bench has taken a huge hit. 

Don't worry. We'll trade Collins and get two bench players, no probs.

29 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Guessing we’re going to be pretty quiet on the trade and free agency front until this KD situation gets resolved. 

Nets have to trade Simmons to do the KD deal to the Heet for Adebayo.  If that's who they want to trade him to.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, sturt said:

No, he won't. Not if you truly believe the Trae + Dej combination is going to play a whole lotta minutes together. (I do.)

It may only be 6-12 minutes a night, but it will be consistent minutes. Plus, someone's getting traded, and that someone still could be either KVon or BogBog... in which case Delon would have plausibly gotten some SG minutes like McM began giving him at the end of the season.

Me figures that's the thing for Delon... he's walking into a situation in WAS where the FRP is going to get to play a lot, but it's still more time than he was likely getting here, and for probably the same-ish money.

We struggled to get Delon minutes LAST season with no other viable PG on the roster. Safe to say with an All Star PG added to the roster those minutes would be even more scarce.

14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I hear you but that’s not it. DJ is starting 2 guard with us. He’ll guard most teams point or whoever is their best 1 through 3 while Trea guards the weakest of one through 3. So for example if we play the sixers… Trae would guard maxie or curry and DJ has to limit Harden. Ect. Ect. It’s depth. And it’s hard for me to see Cooper guarding anyone in the league honestly. I just haven’t seen it.

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, timebomb said:

I hear you but that’s not it. DJ is starting 2 guard with us. He’ll guard most teams point or whoever is their best 1 through 3 while Trea guards the weakest of one through 3. So for example if we play the sixers… Trae would guard maxie or curry and DJ has to limit Harden. Ect. Ect. It’s depth. And it’s hard for me to see Cooper guarding anyone in the league honestly. I just haven’t seen it.

Trae will play 33-36 mins a game at PG. That leaves between 15-12 backup PG minutes. I guarantee you Dejounte gets at least half of those. That leaves maybe 8 backup PG minutes. Are we really gonna pay Delon 16 million over two years to play 10 mins a game?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Are we really gonna pay Delon 16 million over two years to play 10 mins a game?

As I said, there's good reason to believe Delon would have worked out as another SG, if one of these proposed trades go down.

And.

$8m for a regular rotation piece isn't actually that pricey.

And.

In any given NBA game, there are about 200 points scored by both teams... but if you score 101, and your opponent scores 99, you get the W, they don't... the point being, coaches know how fine a line there is b/t wins and losses, and you have to make a practice of doing those things that give you even the slightest edge in order to win consistently. That to say, yes, I think if you have a player in the game for a 2/3 of a quarter, it's plausible that their performance can either suck so much as to give the other team an edge, or the other way around.