• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

49 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We traded for Murray, we aren't adding Simmons. Simmons is on a max contract as well, often injured , can't shoot. Etc it's not happening.

Oh Really???

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Per my sources we are trying to get Simmons. Trae is using his leverage to try and get his second guy on the team in Ben. He already got Murray on the Hawks now he is trying for Ben.

1CQ.gif

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we got Simmons we would have to get a stretch five IMO. Between Simmons, Capela and Murray that's three guys that can't really stretch. The spacing would be a nightmare. 

I think it's very likely we would be looking for a backup stretch 5, but doubtful it would be as a starter, for several reasons. Primarily your expensive starting group would consist of Trae, Murray, Hunter, Simmons, and then Okongwu who the Hawks seem intent on finding a starting role for in his upcoming 3rd season. OO stretching his range to at least have a reliable 15ft jumpshot seems a very important part of most of ATL's rumored plans for their frontcourt, not just the Simmons situation. And if he can then pairing him in the frontcourt with Simmons becomes much less troublesome. 

Second, most of our backups are offensive minded but lacking in defense; this will help offset the lack of shooting from the starters somewhat. 

Also -- interesting that Trae's dad tweeted this today, lol. 

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna say your source is gonna be wrong on this. Ben stays with Nets.

Nah... here he come... there he i'!!!

giphy.gif

Welcome to Atlanta, Beein! I believe you when you say, that when you win, you actually lose and all that crazy shit. Come here let me teach you basketball again. That back is fiiiiiine. I just won jeopardy!

• Haha 2

I can see the Hawks making a run at Durant in an all-in mode now, if It works you have a ring. I personnally don't like the move as Durant do not fit Trae and Murray timeline. If Durant is injured, chances are not low, we are out of the playoff race.

I cannot see Hawks giving Collins alone for Simmons, a player that do not fit our roster, is injured, is soft, cannot shoot and is not mentally right to compete, is a suicide.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RandomFan said:

So I'm hesitant to post this but I was browsing over on the Hawks reddit site and there is a dude that folks seem to be claiming in an insider, Shade Raven. I only go over there like once a month so I have no clue, BUT he did post something similar to what Supes posted here, although several hours later:

ATL: Simmons (maybe More)

Heat: KD (Probably more, not sure)

Nets : JC /Herro/Huerter/Bam/Pick(s)

Okay. This is where we stand for now.

He's making avatar bets with people that this is happening. I didn't dig deep but did a quick search of his post history. Seems he's posted a lot of the same things that got posted here by our 3 guys. So either he's plugged in, or he's a plagiarist from here (the more likely scenario). But I'm willing to be proven wrong. Anyone know if this guy has any credibility?

I am not sure. But this information is spreading that it is Miami that's landing KD and it's been like this before he requested a trade. 

Like what’s the plan here with Simmons?

Play him at the 4? It’s really the only place he fits. Then what happens to OO? A Simmons / OO or Simmons / Cap front court has no spacing. It doesn’t work.

What are we really gaining with Simmons? Whatever Simmons gives you, you’re already getting from the combination of Murray and OO (playmaking, defense, rebounding) and for almost half the cost.

Ben would have to guard the 4 or 5 and OO does that better. If we’re going to go with a non shooter at the 4, we might as well just go with OO at a fraction of the price. At least OO will make every effort to play. 

This worked 2 days ago before the Murray trade but doesn’t anymore. A Simmons trade now is lunacy.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Play him at the 4? It’s really the only place he fits. Then what happens to OO? A Simmons / OO or Simmons / Cap front court has no spacing. It doesn’t work.

What are we really gaining with Simmons? Whatever Simmons gives you, you’re already getting from the combination of Murray and OO (playmaking, defense, rebounding) and for almost half the cost.

Ben would have to guard the 4 or 5 and OO does that better. If we’re going to go with a non shooter at the 4, we might as well just go with OO at a fraction of the price. At least OO will make every effort to play. 

This worked 2 days ago before the Murray trade but doesn’t anymore. A Simmons trade now is lunacy.

always-with-you-it-cannot-be-done.jpg

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Yes agreed.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

if oo and simmons are playing next to dejauntrea and hunter, why would the hawks need spacing? aint nobody scoring on them anyway.

This lineup would buck the trend of launching 34 threes a game, but is scoring a problem with this group?  If you have a PNR with Murray and Simmons, Trae and Hunter off ball, you’ll get buckets.  

If we really are interested in Simmons, I want to understand the vision before I dismiss it.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

What scares me about Simmons more than his shooting is his mental state.

Dude actually can shoot the ball as shown by many workouts. He literally has a mental block that keeps him from shooting in games.

This isn’t hyperbole either. It’s like he has a phobia. So even if he does want to be here, the fans will eventually turn on him when he starts passing up shots in big moments.

Its why his teams constantly under achieve. For 10 million dollars less, JC will hit that open corner 3 while we are making a comeback in the ECF game 1. Simmons will think twice about an open layup. 

You can’t make this stuff up, the kid is mental right now.

yeah he has some demons to work through.

3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I can see the Hawks making a run at Durant in an all-in mode now, if It works you have a ring. I personnally don't like the move as Durant do not fit Trae and Murray timeline. If Durant is injured, chances are not low, we are out of the playoff race.

Shaq didn’t fit Wade’s timeline.  CP doesn’t fit Booker’s timeline, and that is working.  Magic played with Kareem.  
Just playing devil’s advocate.  Even in Trae’s rookie year he had us playing close to .500 in the second half getting Alex Len 18th most dunks in the league.  Alex Len.  If Durant gets injured, we still have Trae and DJ.  That is enough for play in level basketball.  
I can justify going for it all with KD.  We’d still have a future after a few good years with Durant.  Not likely to happen, but I can justify it.  

Waking up today I’m okay with these scenarios in this order:

1. Stick with Murray Only / minor wing defensive addition - By far the best scenario 

2. Adding Durant for Huerter, Collins + Capela + Hunter (only one that I’m reluctant on)

3. Adding Simmons for OO or Collins/Huerter

Simmons fits better with Capela than OO as our center.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

What scares me about Simmons more than his shooting is his mental state.

Dude actually can shoot the ball as shown by many workouts. He literally has a mental block that keeps him from shooting in games.

This isn’t hyperbole either. It’s like he has a phobia. So even if he does want to be here, the fans will eventually turn on him when he starts passing up shots in big moments.

Its why his teams constantly under achieve. For 10 million dollars less, JC will hit that open corner 3 while we are making a comeback in the ECF game 1. Simmons will think twice about an open layup. 

That was one moment, one playoff series.  It's a risk and a mystery.  Simmons definitely went a bit loco.  The results he gets without shooting jumpers are still elite.  If he does become a Hawk, my hope is Trae brings more positivity than Embiid to instill confidence in Simmons again.  Could be the perfect opportunity for Simmons, but it's a big risk on our part if we bring him in.  

I will add I don't agree that with Murray we already have defense, playmaking, etc.  These are things that you can use more of, especially defense.  

Edited by Final_quest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

who is we, and who's to say he hasn't worked through them?

We, as in the Atlanta Hawks. And have you looked at his salary? He can't play off the ball. And we already got Trae and Dejonte. If we had not gotten Dejonte I'd be all for it.