• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LIVE: 2022 NBA DRAFT 7:30PM

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

So what I'm hearing from you is you would be saying the same things about anyone we drafted, since ya know, they would be a rookie? In that case, we can all be spared anything else you were gonna complain about if we agree to acknowledge that's how you feel, cool?

Yeah I am going to complain about this no matter what

im-just-kidding-but-seriously.jpg

He is a good shooter and I think he will do good off the bench (since we are already cap out  anyway)

But in my opinion, with all of these "so-called" moves and crazy rumors, I am thinking that we are going to run it back with no Ayton, No Gobert.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

He's looks pretty good at guarding bigger and more physical players. Not so great with smaller and quicker players, which is the Hawks' weakness. There's some potential for growth there I assume..

He's 18 soon to be 19 - so I would think and hope so?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

But in my opinion, with all of these "so-called" moves and crazy rumors, I am thinking that we are going to run it back with no Ayton, No Gobert

I would never assume that no draft night trades means we are running it all back. It's not like the pick/player cannot still be traded once FAcy starts.

Get ready for a weeks worth of rumors.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would never assume that no draft night trades means we are running it all back. It's not like the pick/player cannot still be traded once FAcy starts.

Get ready for a weeks worth of rumors.

That may be true but I'm not following it.  They wasted enough of my time today.  In fact, Deshaun Watson, Arch Manning and whoever wanted too much for Murray have wasted my time.  

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Bring out the pitch forks - another GLeague bound player. :laugh1:

In fairness, that is probably best for him given his lack of game experience (he missed a lot of game action in high school).  Griffin would be more excited if he were more athletic, but at this point in the draft it is a bit of a crap shoot.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Looking at Griffin's highlights he's got some craft already. Hoping he has a Herro type breakout offensively.

I'm hoping he has a little more burst after he fully recovers from his injury. I'm impressed he was as effective as he was despite looking like a guy that was clearly still coming back from injury. The unorthodox shooting should translate. You can tell that his wide legged shot is "his" shot and it's almost like a layup for him if he gets a clean look at the rim. He's definitely coming in with some things the Hawks can use on the offensive end. He's not afraid of contact either which is a pet peeve of mine with one of our other wings. I'm just not confident he will get enough time next season unless he really impresses Nate from day one.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

We’ll, this has all be well and exciting 🥱, but I’m going to have to direct more attention to Arsenal’s off-season moves now. 

Hopefully Gabby Jesus works out for y'all. With consistent minutes he can grow into a top striker for y'all if that transfer is completed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nathan2331 said:

Hopefully Gabby Jesus works out for y'all. With consistent minutes he can grow into a top striker for y'all if that transfer is completed.

1FDF968B-A108-4040-9FAC-DCBB56FD4F38.gif.efe8b994b6cc1843521a9575651647be.gif
I’m 100x more confident in Gabi Jesus signing rumors than any Hawks rumors LOL. 

• Haha 1