• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ayton, Capela, or Gobert

theheroatl

Ayton, Capela, Gobert  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Seems like we talk a lot about Ayton, Gobert and Capela.  I think none of those guys are going to be a Hawk after this year.  I would think OO would be our starting center but sure would be nice to have Brook Lopez type to come off the bench.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like we talk a lot about Ayton, Gobert and Capela.  I think none of those guys are going to be a Hawk after this year.  I would think OO would be our starting center but sure would be nice to have Brook Lopez type to come off the bench.  

You been copying off my paper?  He ain't a bench player tho. 

58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Gimme some other bigs I should covet,

Maxi Kleber

Kelly O…

pardon me real quick :sick: ..

Jaxson Hayes- qualifying 9 mill for 2023/24

Thomas Bryant -Free agent

Omer Yurt7- Free agent (your BIL Heat)

Robin Lopez (Mascot bugger) -Free

Not Free agents but I like.. 2 ISAIHAI’S trade?

Hartenstein 

Jackson

8 (names) is enough!

:huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Maxi Kleber

Kelly O…

Hartenstein 

Jackson

8 (names) is enough!

Thanks.  Gives a good perspective.

I'm still holding a tiny candle for Brooky Lopez. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Maxi Kleber

Kelly O…

Hartenstein 

Jackson

8 (names) is enough!

How about Sengun?  If Harden and Capela reunite in Houston

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The answer for best center is obviously Okongwu because he’s athletic,young,will shoot threes soon, and will be a top 5 center next season.

out of those three choices…it’s Capela. Ayton had a game where he grabbed 2 rebounds. That’s pathetic. Gobert has rock hands. At least Capela can grab the ball. Capela is great and has a manageable contract. Capela all day 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

How about Sengun?  If Harden and Capela reunite in Houston

They ain’t getting rid of the big skilled Turk. Not unless we pony up a lot. He and Trae would be unbelievable. I’m not the one with the huge man crush on him tho :sarcastic: he’s really good tho, I’ll take him over Alice. :batman:

• Premium Member

We need a strong rebounding PF that can shoot 3s more than anything right now.

For what it's worth, I haven't lost all faith that it can still be JC.  His shot is coming back and he can try to put on some weight this offseason.  He started this season looking famished -- remember those summer league clips??  I don't know what was going on with him, but I am hopeful he can rebound if we don't trade him away.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We need a strong rebounding PF that can shoot 3s more than anything right now.

For what it's worth, I haven't lost all faith that it can still be JC.  His shot is coming back and he can try to put on some weight this offseason.  He started this season looking famished -- remember those summer league clips??  I don't know what was going on with him, but I am hopeful he can rebound if we don't trade him away.

I love JC but we can't run it back right?   What changes are we going to make?  Or are you suggesting we just shore up the bench?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I love JC but we can't run it back right?   What changes are we going to make?  Or are you suggesting we just shore up the bench?

IMO we can run it back for the most part.  I think Saddiq is a meaningful addition, and I think there were at least 5-10 games we could have won this year if we had Snyder at the helm.  If we find a good value trade, sure, go for it -- but I think a meaningful offseason of work under Snyder and a modern offensive/defensive scheme will go a long way for the roster we have.  We need to revisit conversations about Trae playing off ball and getting open looks from three, because I'm hopeful Snyder can make that happen (I never had faith Nate could).  

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

IMO we can run it back for the most part.  I think Saddiq is a meaningful addition, and I think there were at least 5-10 games we could have won this year if we had Snyder at the helm.  If we find a good value trade, sure, go for it -- but I think a meaningful offseason of work under Snyder and a modern offensive/defensive scheme will go a long way for the roster we have.  We need to revisit conversations about Trae playing off ball and getting open looks from three, because I'm hopeful Snyder can make that happen (I never had faith Nate could).  

I hope you're right.  I like our guys but seems like we not be as strong as we thought we were 2 years ago.  Even if we believe in Trae/DJ we can't start guys at 3-5 who are just average NBA starters.  Then we're just the dame/cj blazers or the wall/beal wiz.   Someone at those positions has to have an elite skill.  

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I swear, you want me to hate you. 

I’ll say this. I’ve been as big of a Horford hater there is since his exit. But if I am speaking truth, he would be a perfect big to pair with OO. Maybe not going forward, but Al of a few years ago would’ve been. 
Look at me, @NBASupes giving your boy some love!

Gasp!  Who would have believed it?  Capela has been making those line drive free throws!!  You can't make this up because no one would believe it.  But it's true !!

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Gasp!  Who would have believed it?  Capela has been making those line drive free throws!!  You can't make this up because no one would believe it.  But it's true !!

Going from 47% to 61% is pretty significant improvement.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 4/1/2023 at 8:44 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

He's  currently at 60% from the freethrow line, needs 65% to meet his 500k incentive. At a minimum, He'll need to take at least 17 freethrows over the next 5 games and make all of them to get to 65%.

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Going from 47% to 61% is pretty significant improvement.  

I posted this regarding Capela's freethrow incentive. 

Screenshot_20230405_112249_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 1