• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi or Huerter?

JayBirdHawk

Bogi or Huerter  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we are making a cap clearing move.  Who should we TRADE?

Wouldn’t that be Bogi? Cuz he makes more than K’von? I dunno.

I like Bogi’s game better than Kevin but Bogi is a bit older and seems to break down a bit.

Tough one. 

• Like 2

I went with K’von getting traded. He’s got a 15 mill annual roughly for the next 4 years which is friendly but Bogi got an 18 mill next year and a player option for 18 the year after.

Ill trade Kev, keep Bogi, I think he has a stellar year and fits in better overall with Dejounte to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I went with K’von getting traded. He’s got a 15 mill annual roughly for the next 4 years which is friendly but Bogi got an 18 mill next year and a player option for 18 the year after.

Ill trade Kev, keep Bogi, I think he has a stellar year and fits in better overall with Dejounte to me.

You're thinking about this one backwards. 

Kevin is like 7 years younger than Bogi. Kevin is having his first healthy off season in years. Is way more available and you can use his contract in the future to get other assets.

It's Bogi all day for me. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You're thinking about this on backwards. 

Kevin is like 7 years younger than Bogi. Kevin is having his first healthy off season in years. Is way more available and you can use his contract in the future to get other assets.

It's Bogi all day for me. 

yeah i didn't realize the age gap was so big.  That's a good point.   Still Kevin needs to show up more this year.  I might keep both until the deadline. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Bogi's knee will be an issue going forward, I'm leaning towards selling high. But Huerter has to stop avoiding contact for it not to hurt the Hawks. Huerter being aggressive and getting to the line 3-4 times a game next season could somewhat make up for the loss of Bogi. 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hmmm.  Thats a tough one.  They both bring offense and they both can take over in spurts.  The clear difference is Huerter can play defense.  Hmmm. I wouldn't want to make the decision.  It would most likely come down to how the contracts effect the cap situation going forward and how OTHER teams value the two in any potential trades.

• Moderators

This is further complicated by none of us knowing one of the most essential parts of the analysis.  What return are we getting for them?  Just to make things easy, imagine we had to attach an unprotected first round pick to move Bogi but could get an unprotected first round pick from Sacramento in exchange for Kevin.  That would change the picture a lot from a scenario where they both return equal value.

If I have to guess which we will trade (as opposed to who we should) then I would go with Bogi.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

For a Bogi trade, I'd be looking for a player coming back that is useful on a lower salary but a possibly longer deal. That way we'd only need to send our 2 2nds or something like that. can't think of one though.

Find me a player on a 3 year deal making around $10 million.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just to make things easy, imagine we had to attach an unprotected first round pick to move Bogi but could get an unprotected first round pick from Sacramento in exchange for Kevin.

I think this is the deciding factor.