• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi or Huerter?

JayBirdHawk

Bogi or Huerter  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hmmm.  Thats a tough one.  They both bring offense and they both can take over in spurts.  The clear difference is Huerter can play defense.  Hmmm. I wouldn't want to make the decision.  It would most likely come down to how the contracts effect the cap situation going forward and how OTHER teams value the two in any potential trades.

The idea that Huerter can take over even in spurts seemed to totally vanish last year.   And I really question whether he is a good defender or is he just tall so we think he should be a good defender.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The idea that Huerter can take over even in spurts seemed to totally vanish last year.   And I really question whether he is a good defender or is he just tall so we think he should be a good defender.  

He DID slip last season.  Thats a very good point.  I can't remember a game he took over.  I'm still looking at his playoff performance the year before.  I think his defense is more legit than just giving credit to his height.  He hustles and comes up with some deflections.  Its true his length helps him in that regard ( deflections, etc.).  I see the effort, which is the main thing with me.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't remember one memorable game last year.  I'm sure someone can post one.

• Moderators
On 6/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, AHF said:

This is further complicated by none of us knowing one of the most essential parts of the analysis.  What return are we getting for them?  Just to make things easy, imagine we had to attach an unprotected first round pick to move Bogi but could get an unprotected first round pick from Sacramento in exchange for Kevin.  That would change the picture a lot from a scenario where they both return equal value.

So it ended up being a top 12/10 protected pick from Sacramento but pretty close!

• Like 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

From most teams you were pretty close but from Sac top 12/10 protected sucks.  We may never see it. 😎

Not entirely untrue but they did pick Haliburton at #12 overall so there's at least a chance we see it!  (Maybe a better chance that we trade it.)

• Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 10:49 AM, marco102 said:

You're thinking about this one backwards. 

Kevin is like 7 years younger than Bogi. Kevin is having his first healthy off season in years. Is way more available and you can use his contract in the future to get other assets.

It's Bogi all day for me. 

Agree. But apparently we are not in ownership😂

• Moderators
3 hours ago, enrique said:

Agree. But apparently we are not in ownership😂

I think it was very likely we would have had to give a puck away to trade Bogi and we one with Kevin. If the return was equal, I think Huerter would still be here.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think it was very likely we would have had to give a puck away to trade Bogi and we one with Kevin. If the return was equal, I think Huerter would still be here.

Yea, I think Kevin ended up leaving because he had more trade value. Bogi's injuries have no doubt tanked his value.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, I think Kevin ended up leaving because he had more trade value. Bogi's injuries have no doubt tanked his value.

We are better off keeping Bogi and hoping he can be healthy at least in the playoffs next year than giving him away. If by some miracle he stats healthy he's the best value per dollar vet wing in the NBA. 

Well Bogi was a little tougher even with more injuries and a more consistent shooter, So if we are going to keep Bogi long term it made more sense for the new makeup of our team. Seems we are trying to get tougher nd more defensive minded.