• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good bye Huerter

HawkItus

• Premium Member
On 7/1/2022 at 1:08 PM, shakes said:

so  happy he's gone!  So so happy!   softer than a roll of Charmin slathered in warm butter.     Love that we are replacing his soft AF ass with some dogs.  

Now we only have Bogi on the team to fill that role which is ok, I can live with one soft player.   especially now that we have dogs.  Ruff ruff!

Adios Huerter, don't let the door hit you on your soft ass on the way out!

Bumping my post from first page.

• Moderators
Just now, Final_quest said:

Been asking.  People actually thought we should get two first round picks for Huerter?  Then a fake first and two first rounders is too much for Dejounte. 

I still think both deals were pretty fair value.  

I thought we didn't need to trade him in the offseason and could have seen how the year went and traded him at the deadline if we weren't going to contend.  I do think the team would have fared significantly better early in the year playing him instead of Justin Holiday.  He isn't a game breaking player but is a valuable rotation piece.  The idea of trading him for a non-lottery first is not offensive but not great either.  Unlike the protected pick we got, our picks and the pick swap we gave up for DM are unprotected so I think those are substantially more valuable because if things fall off for the Hawks then those picks could be as good as #1 overall and that potentially to be a high lottery pick is real value.  (Think Detroit having the #2 pick in a draft with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh as an example of the upside potential value of that kind of unprotected future pick.)

• Like 3

• Moderators

I don't understand the celebration around Kevin doing poorly in the playoffs.  No one said we needed him here to be our #2 player.  We needed him here for shooting off the bench.  Everyone celebrated that DJ would take over the starting role because we all knew that Kevin shouldn't be a starter. 

He shot well for us in our playoff run.  It wasn't just one game.   Yeah i get it he's been bad for the Kings in these playoffs, meanwhile C's have 5 guys shooting around 40% from three bombing us to death while everyone but DJ is at 30% or worse for the Hawks.   So despite his poor showing I wouldn't mind having someone off the bench that the opposition isn't perfectly fine just leaving wide open. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't understand the celebration around Kevin doing poorly in the playoffs. 

@shakes has a special role on Hawksquawk.  I don't see anyone else celebrating. 

Most of us are still Huerter fans, but I think these results should make anyone who thinks we blew the trade feel a little better.  Very few players merit a bigger return than a first round pick.  Huerter played out of his mind to start the season, but came back to earth. 

To me this was a perfect storm leading to an overreaction.  Our bench sucked when he was on fire.  To me I always saw it as a fair trade, but I still cheer for Huerter's success.  

• 5 months later...