• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good bye Huerter

HawkItus

I liked Huerter like everyone else, but I’m not sweating this trade at all. It always felt like he could be doing more and it just almost never happened. Virtually zero improvement after getting that contract. Maybe the change of scenery will do him some good. Just a shame for his sake that it’s Sacramento, but their roster honestly isn’t looking too bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As for the move, don't get it twisted.  This is strictly an offense for defense move.

Justin Holiday has looked damn good at times out on the court, especially on the defensive end.   We essentially trade Kevin's shooting for Justin's defense.  In a conference that has Tatum, Brown, Butler, Lavine, and Durant in it, we'll need defense at the 2nd and 3rd team levels to throw different looks at them.

Justin is nowhere near this good offensively, but his defense is consistent.

I’d also love some first level defense. 

4 hours ago, terrell said:

Where are you getting this? Because he stood up for Capela? 

He seems to be getting what he wants, which hasn't necessarily agreed with what management had been reported to be interested in (Capela vs. Ayton or Gobert).  He wanted Murray, and we got Murray.  It may have been a part of the Huerter trade.  It may ultimately end up in Collins getting traded.  Would any of our other players have that kind of influence?  Why should Trae?

11 minutes ago, Watchman said:

He seems to be getting what he wants, which hasn't necessarily agreed with what management had been reported to be interested in (Capela vs. Ayton or Gobert).  He wanted Murray, and we got Murray.  It may have been a part of the Huerter trade.  It may ultimately end up in Collins getting traded.  Would any of our other players have that kind of influence?  Why should Trae?

THe FO also wanted Murray.. Utah wanted Hunter.. Has nothing to do with Trae..

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, shakes said:

so  happy he's gone!  So so happy!   softer than a roll of Charmin slathered in warm butter.     Love that we are replacing his soft AF ass with some dogs.  

Now we only have Bogi on the team to fill that role which is ok, I can live with one soft player.   especially now that we have dogs.  Ruff ruff!

Adios Huerter, don't let the door hit you on your soft ass on the way out!

Bro, chill lol

Game 7 aka biggest game in the history of this franchise? I agree it was time to move on and get q defensive player to take his spot in the rotation but bruh put some respect to the man who had arguably the most important playoff performance in Atlanta team history 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, High5 said:

I liked Huerter like everyone else, but I’m not sweating this trade at all. It always felt like he could be doing more and it just almost never happened. Virtually zero improvement after getting that contract. Maybe the change of scenery will do him some good. Just a shame for his sake that it’s Sacramento, but their roster honestly isn’t looking too bad.

I knew we were moving one of Huerter or Bogi. They are redundant with Bogi being a better but more often injured version of Huerter. Maybe we feel Bogi will stay healthier now that he is getting surgery and if so no need for Huerter 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Wish Kevin the best with the Kings.  He will be an easy fit to add to that team's rotation.  Whether he blossoms and takes his game up another level is what I'm most interested in seeing for his future.

I think Kevin is what he is, a decent wing 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, marco102 said:

This is an overreaction.  As much as I like Huerter, I understand it's a business.  Murray is an upgrade over Huerter and Bogi.  Quite frankly, a fully healthy Bogi is way better than Kevin.  With Bogi being on the bench, we've upgraded our shooting guard rotation. 

I preferred it was Bogi moved, but I guess Bogi is the best in now move. 

Huerter did not take the leap I think our front office was looking for after breaking out in the playoffs last year. Adding Murray we probably were asked to shed some salary and K von is the most expendable. Will always be a Hawk legend but I agree it was time to part. We gotta get through Miami and Boston and need more grit and less finess 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Huerter did not take the leap I think our front office was looking for after breaking out in the playoffs last year. 

This. 

When we signed Bogi, I was hoping by the time Huerter's extension was due, he'd be ready to take Bogi's spot. Unfortunately he didn't take the next step this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was cool with Kev and didn't hate his contract at all.  But i honestly like Justin Holiday as a player better than i do kev overall.  3 out of the last 4 years holiday has been better on raptor than kev and much better on defense. 

But if you are telling me you are also gonna give us a 1st round pick, save 5 million this year, and have 2 expiring contracts pfft thats a no brainer for me. I'll do that deal every single time and twice on sunday.

11 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I was cool with Kev and didn't hate his contract at all.  But i honestly like Justin Holiday as a player better than i do kev overall.  3 out of the last 4 years holiday has been better on raptor than kev and much better on defense. 

But if you are telling me you are also gonna give us a 1st round pick, save 5 million this year, and have 2 expiring contracts pfft thats a no brainer for me. I'll do that deal every single time and twice on sunday.

The biggest problem is Justin is 33 years old. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The biggest problem is Justin is 33 years old. 

Im fine with that it's only for 1 year and then in a year or 2 we turn that 1st round pick we got into a 19 or 20 year old with upside hopefully more than kevin.  Plus with it expiring we can use that cap to either resign Hunter or even go after a better player than kev or trade those picks + that extra cap for a much better player.