• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good bye Huerter

HawkItus

• Premium Member

This one hurts. Goodbye Kev, nothing but success for you in Sacramento...... I'm calling it now Playoffs for the Kings!!!

Game 7 Kev! We'll never forget!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Plus with it expiring we can use that cap to either resign Hunter or even go after a better player than kev or trade those picks + that extra cap for a much better player.

I don't know that we'll have any real salary cap space next offseason, even without Huerter on the books, we'll have about $126 million in guaranteed next offseason if Bogi picks up his team option. 

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know that we'll have any real salary cap space next offseason, even without Huerter on the books, we'll have about $126 million in guaranteed next offseason if Bogi picks up his team option. 

Any idea what the cap might go up to next year and the year after?

Lest we forget.  Remember when an opponent attempted to rip off the arm?  That recovery took a while.  One reason for the soft play.  Also, remember all the steals?  See.  It wasn't all bad.  Now, as long as you are not playing the Atlanta Hawks - - GO KINGS !!

😎

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Threezus said:

Any idea what the cap might go up to next year and the year after?

These were the immediate Post Covid Bubble projections:

2021-2022: $112 million and $136.6 million
2022-2023: $115.7 million and $140 million
2023-2024: $119.2 million and $144.9 million

As you can see 2022-23 is already higher than projected by $8 million at $123.6 million. So I would assume and my conservative estimate is about a $10 million increase for 2023-24 for about $133.6 million.

The 2024-25 season will be interesting with the new TV deal in play. The cap may jump by $50 million if the NBPA vote against smoothing it over 4 years like they did last time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/mortenjensen/2021/09/19/with-new-tv-deal-looming-nba-teams-could-spend-big-on-extensions/amp/

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bro, chill lol

Game 7 aka biggest game in the history of this franchise? I agree it was time to move on and get q defensive player to take his spot in the rotation but bruh put some respect to the man who had arguably the most important playoff performance in Atlanta team history 

Dude, that was like over a year ago.

• Confused 1

On 7/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, Spud2nique said:

Good luck K’von! 

640279F0-006B-4ED0-B65C-2794042F9BD1.jpeg

3CBD01DF-A99D-4990-A348-443D1B3BCADC.jpeg

Fake news - he's at the line shooting a free throw! 

Seriously, good luck to you. I always thought you underperformed and was criminally inconsistent, but there is no denying that you were a stand up dude who represented himself well. 

Godspeed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

he's at the line shooting a free throw! 

I reached and he teached.. taught. :huh:

19 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

there is no denying that you were a stand up dude who represented himself well. 

Godspeed. 

Indeed.

• Like 1

@Gray Mule

i_20_bd_71_domantas-sabonis.png?w=190

“Keegan Murray will be a great fit for us to play with Fox – he’s a shooter, he works well on defense. It will fit very well in our system,” Sabonis had no doubt. “Kings are doing well. Shooters were needed, so we took three shooters. I think there will be a few more trades… We are waiting because a lot can still happen. We are waiting to see what Kevin Durant will do (smiles.). Everything can change dramatically.” Maybe Sabonis is working as an agent for the Kings while training with Durant? “Irving and I played very well two-on-two… And we played against Durant,” Sabonis smiled. The big man laughed when asked if he tried to pitch Sacramento’s option to Durant. “Oh, us?!” he laughed. “I don’t think anyone will come to us. But maybe it will work out?”

Trad

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Huerter, a 6-foot-7 swingman, realized he'd be changing coasts and time zones from Atlanta, where he spent the first four seasons of his NBA career with the Hawks.

"Honestly, at first, it was tough to swallow with how far it is away," Huerter, a Maryland alumnus, said Monday during his basketball camp for kids at Impact Athletic Center. "I've never gone that far. I remember I was picking my colleges, I cut off all the West Coast schools. Just a six-hour flight, family getting to games, it's going to be an adjustment. Obviously, with the time change, most (local) people will be watching our games in the morning instead of staying up all night for them. So immediately, that's what I went to."

"Atlanta told me at the end of last year, 'It's not like we're looking to move you, but for anybody on our team, we'll listen. If a team offers us the right thing, obviously, everyone's available,' " Huerter said. "They went out and got Murray. I knew they were looking to upgrade their roster and they went out and got him. In some ways, you could kind of feel something was going to be happening. We had a lot of guards and a lot of mouths to feed and there's one ball that gets to go around.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Kevin-Huerter-returns-to-Capital-Region-after-17297315.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1