• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good bye Huerter

HawkItus

Liked ole Red Velvet, K’Von, or as I liked to call him The Huert. Has some real talent, will never forgot Game 7. That being said, his inconsistency and softness was maddening. Thanks though kiddo, much success in your future endeavors 👋 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Kings got my choice draft pick.  Traded him away.  Now I have another reason to follow them.

:smug:

Gramps who you kidding?  Like you can stay up late enough to watch Kings games  😛

This is a good trade imo. Kevin Huerter was so streaky. He would look really good for a game or two. Then turn around and be awful for like a month. To the point where I'm screaming at the TV to bench him and not play him at all. Huerter is a bench player that sucks coming off the bench(according to Nate). The Hawks picked up a future draft pick. Both the players they got are on expiring contracts. So the Hawks could package them with John to get another player. They could also keep him and go into next year free agency with enough money to go get a big time free agent.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

Note to Murray - If you enjoy playing with the Hawks, and get a big raise in two years, it just means they'll send you on to some garbage team (maybe even back to San Antonio.)  That's the way things go around here.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Note to Murray - If you enjoy playing with the Hawks, and get a big raise in two years, it just means they'll send you on to some garbage team (maybe even back to San Antonio.)  That's the way things go around here.

lol...Huerter is no Murray.. New GM in the bulding.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

😭  you could've just posted this emoji and saved yourself some typing. 

Edited by shakes

33 minutes ago, shakes said:

Gramps who you kidding?  Like you can stay up late enough to watch Kings games  😛

Easy!  Pull up the game.  Hit record.  Watch the next morning!

😇

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I'll be rooting for Kevin to help the Kings get into the playoffs ... and that pick come to us!

Good luck hoping we get anything from the Kings especially making the playoffs. Rooting and praying is all we can do. Not a fan of this trade. I enjoyed the shooting Kevin and Bogi gave us especially on the court together. Can't have too much shooting.  I doubt we ever see a first rounder from this deal. Let's just hope.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

This is a good trade imo. Kevin Huerter was so streaky. He would look really good for a game or two. Then turn around and be awful for like a month. To the point where I'm screaming at the TV to bench him and not play him at all. Huerter is a bench player that sucks coming off the bench(according to Nate). The Hawks picked up a future draft pick. Both the players they got are on expiring contracts. So the Hawks could package them with John to get another player. They could also keep him and go into next year free agency with enough money to go get a big time free agent.

Yep, Kev has a lot of good qualities that are non-basketball related.  Good interviewer, good work ethic, good team guy, but on the court, he isn't aggressive... struggles creating/dribbling, soft on the boards, and is a really streaky shooter.  I'll miss Kev because he seems to get along with everyone (which is a battle for some plasyers), but I like the move and it gives us flexibility going forward.  We can draft talent with that pick or package for a better deal.  Bogi is the better bench guy anyways as he can come in and drop 20 regularly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1