• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 Hawks Schedule...08/17 Release @3PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

What are you looking for in the schedule?

1. Early schedule- easy or brutal? Road games early?

2.  How many back to backs, 4 games in 5 nights? And how many days rest for the opponenf we play.

3. West Coast trips

4. National TV games

What else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What are you looking for in the schedule?

1. Early schedule- easy or brutal? Road games early?

2.  How many back to backs, 4 games in 5 nights? And how many days rest for the opponenf we play.

3. West Coast trips

4. National TV games

What else?

1. Balanced would be the best. But definitely would rather go west later, that trip to Portland, the Clipps, Lakers, Warriors and Suns.. I like that around Jan/Feb.

2. Hmmm.. 9? Hmmm..2?

3. HATE THEM (when do we play the scrubs) Always curious about that. 

4. 8-10 Nat TV

Honestly though, this year is about us vs the world 🌍. No excuses including the schedule.

JUST WIN BABY!!!!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I just hope we're playing the day after opening night.   I'll be really annoyed if were one of those teams that doesn't open up until 3 days after the season starts.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks to Dejounte, the powers-that-be backloaded the schedule and we're through with Paolo and Company before Xmas. Suits me fine, I'd rather all have those divisional trap games out of the way while the Magic are still in their "Hi! My Name Is" larval stage.

What I dig most about the sked is the mild start times for the first 36 games to close out the calendar year. All tipoffs in the early run are between 5 PM (game 3 versus the Hornets, because Charlotte has so many things to do on a Sunday night), and 8:15 PM (Get Ur Vote On Night on whatever they're calling it, at home against Bud's Bucks).

The first nine SEGABABAs are spread out nicely over the first 67 games, then there's four in the space of the next 13 games, As Hunter says, "Works for me!" (not you, DeAndre, go ask your auntie.)

I'd rather not see them traveling on Turkey Day, but if they must, hosting Keegan's Kangz the day before then heading out to H-Town for a game the day after will do the trick. Not having to play on New Year's Eve or Day is nice, although they'll want to be doing toasts in San Fran after hosting LeBron and (penciling in) AD. No Christmas Day game in the stocking, obviously, but last season's club kinda did it to themselves. If they play out this season right, they'll find themselves back under the ol' mistletoe soon.

The home-friendly schedule straddling All-Star Weekend will be a great time to turn on the afterburners. The Danger Zone comes in March, They've got to come up with at least two Ws in those road pairs at Miami and DC, at least one in the BOS/MIN/GSW homestand, then come up roses in Dejounte's return to Alamo City. If the coaching staff makes it out of that particular stretch unscathed, they'll be in good shape for the final stretch.

I never mind the paucity of big TV games at the outset since it means more of Bawb and Nique and Renee on my telly. We're one of those in-season "TV schedule adjustment" type teams anyway. There'll be about a dozen Thursday/Saturday/Sunday games ripe for the picking once it's time to get some other blown-up team off the national screens.

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Keegan's Kangz

Love it I’m already a keegan groupie jk that gramps :justkidding:

5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

heading out to H-Town

They got us last year in H town and I watched it with my 🚀 friend at his pad. They took it to us. We need payback there.

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

although they'll want to be doing toasts in San Fran after hosting LeBron and (penciling in) AD.

I’ll be there and might make it on tv.. :er:

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The Danger Zone comes in March,

This.

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

We're one of those in-season "TV schedule adjustment" type teams anyway.

Wait, did you say that or was that in your best Adam Sliver voice? :er:

WE WANT MORE THAN 7! :angry2:

Good ish LW3! Missed ya!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1