Not just NY... But the League hates Trae Young....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's the discussion...  This is why Trae is Historic!!!

Last year, the League came up with this rule... No Flopping rule.  Originally, it was nicknamed the Trae Young rule. 

Remember...  If you're taking a shot, you have to have a correct shooter's motion and all that. 

THEN...

Trae goes out and leads the league in points and Assists in his most efficient season.

Notice... the first time somebody has led the league in scoring and assists in almost 50 years... and it gets nothing.   There was no recognition.   Nobody applauded Trae on that accomplishment.   It didn't make the rounds on Broadcast Sports News.  If you were not a Hawks fan, you probably didn't know.

That speaks to a league bias.  The League hates Trae.

I guarantee you had Luka done what Trae just did, it would have been publicized and celebrated and Adam Silver himself would have knighted Luka.

Adam Silver and the League Hates Trae.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can agree with this sentiment. Only true NBA-heads know about his accomplishment.

I think it’s the Atlanta hate thing. If Trae was a Knick/Laker/Celtic/Bull, they would be all on his sack too.

But he is a Hawk. Nique was an undeniable superstar too and even he got robbed of some accolades during his time in Atlanta.

It’s all shady BS and glamour market bias.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Much like the 2021 playoffs, I think the league is going to have to acknowledge Trae more this year.  We’re gonna win.  This backcourt will terrorize the league.  

Right now... The Pundits don't think much of us... and that's cool.  I saw one yesterday that had the nerve to have teams like Memphis and Dallas ranked far ahead of us.   I'm looking forward to the darkness that Young and Murray brings to this league.  Dejounte has an edge.. something that we haven't had.  If Hunter starts playing up to his potential and Bogi's knee is less hurt... this league is in trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Last year, the League came up with this rule... No Flopping rule.  Originally, it was nicknamed the Trae Young rule. 

Remember...  If you're taking a shot, you have to have a correct shooter's motion and all that. 

THEN...

Trae goes out and leads the league in points and Assists in his most efficient season.

Notice... the first time somebody has led the league in scoring and assists in almost 50 years... and it gets nothing.   There was no recognition.   Nobody applauded Trae on that accomplishment.   It didn't make the rounds on Broadcast Sports News.  If you were not a Hawks fan, you probably didn't know.

I guarantee you had Luka done what Trae just did, it would have been publicized and celebrated and Adam Silver himself would have knighted Luka.

Did you even watch the Miami series? Trae was completely neutralized. Some selective amnesia going on. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Did you even watch the Miami series? Trae was completely neutralized. Some selective amnesia going on. 

Those were the most physical defenses he has ever faced to date. And they let a lot of non-basketball shenanigans go. You didn’t see that behavior allowed in any other series. 

Knicks, Sixers, Bucks had tough, physical defenses in 2021 and that didn’t stop him.

Nevermind that Trae shredded both teams in the play-in.

Trae has 1 bad series on his resume and all signs are that he is motivated to correct the things that the Heat neutralized.

I wouldn’t count against a motivated Trae. He is undefeated at improving facets of his game over the offseason.

He seems more motivated than normal this offseason too. You wont see that happen again.

• Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Those were the most physical defenses he has ever faced to date. And they let a lot of non-basketball shenanigans go. You didn’t see that behavior allowed in any other series. 

Knicks, Sixers, Bucks had tough, physical defenses in 2021 and that didn’t stop him.

Nevermind that Trae shredded both teams in the play-in.

Trae has 1 bad series on his resume and all signs are that he is motivated to correct the things that the Heat neutralized.

I wouldn’t count against a motivated Trae. He is undefeated at improving facets of his game over the offseason.

He seems more motivated than normal this offseason too. You wont see that happen again.

That may be the case, and I hope it is. But nevertheless, now seems like an odd time to play "the league hates Trae card." Can we give the self victimization a rest for a little while. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Selective amnesia is right....

Bird was useless in his first championship run.   Cornbread Maxwell was the MVP of the finals.   Bird had two 9 point outings in those finals.  The point is that if you have your best player tripled teamed and he's stopped because there is nobody else to pass to, he can look totally human.  However, it doesn't change what Trae was able to do last season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Selective amnesia is right....

Bird was useless in his first championship run.   Cornbread Maxwell was the MVP of the finals.   Bird had two 9 point outings in those finals.  The point is that if you have your best player tripled teamed and he's stopped because there is nobody else to pass to, he can look totally human.  However, it doesn't change what Trae was able to do last season.

Ok fair enough. But "the league hates Trae" stuff is not necessary, and quite frankly not true.  

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Diesel said:

THEN...

I think Adam Silver loves Trae. It is the media that can’t fathom Atlanta, let alone the Hawks be great.  I saw BSPN had a show about best assists and potential top assist makers next year. No mention of Trae. Disgusting. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

But everyone is entitled to a play off mulligan at some point in their career.

This part.

Every great has struggled at some point in their journey.

With Trae, it’s almost like he was TOO good in the playoffs in 2021, and they had to bring him back down to Earth. Game 1 against MIL was probably the most disrespectful (in a good way if you’re Atlanta) display in the conference finals on someone else’s turf, in a game that wasn’t even a blowout but up for grabs until the end. 

Trae basically said, F the haters I can do this in my sleep. 

Hawks are 2-8 in the playoffs since we  went off the backboard and shimmy three against the league’s new golden child. Next thing you know it’s a referee’s foot and then the Heat using 80’s Jordan rules as the only things to slow Trae down.

Trust me. The league wanted to humble Trae. But Trae ain’t a humble man. 

It’s going to be a constant battle for him during his career.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Ok fair enough. But "the league hates Trae" stuff is not necessary, and quite frankly not true.  

I don't see how you can't see it. 

They questioned his allstar team nomination. 

The questioned his all nba mention and relegated him to third team behind players that he is clearly better than...

Close your eyes for a second.  Luka led the league in Assists and Points... and he shot 38% from three, 90% from the FT line, and had a 53.6% eFG%...

Does anybody question his allstar nomination?

Where would he be on the All NBA team?  First, Second, or Third Team?

Listen.. Ja Morant didn't do half of that and played in 19 less games than Trae and he was 2nd team All NBA...

Trae scored more ppg, had more apg, was more efficient, hit much better percent from three yet... Ja is 2nd team...  Ja even had 13 1st team votes...  Trae got no 1st team votes.

The League hates Trae.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't see how you can't see it. 

They questioned his allstar team nomination. 

The questioned his all nba mention and relegated him to third team behind players that he is clearly better than...

Close your eyes for a second.  Luka led the league in Assists and Points... and he shot 38% from three, 90% from the FT line, and had a 53.6% eFG%...

Does anybody question his allstar nomination?

Where would he be on the All NBA team?  First, Second, or Third Team?

Listen.. Ja Morant didn't do half of that and played in 19 less games than Trae and he was 2nd team All NBA...

Trae scored more ppg, had more apg, was more efficient, hit much better percent from three yet... Ja is 2nd team...  Ja even had 13 1st team votes...  Trae got no 1st team votes.

The League hates Trae.

All of this is true but this is the media more than the league.  Media is key in All-Star voting; media selects All-NBA; media writes the narratives, etc.  I don’t see a reason Adam Silver wouldn’t like Trae.  Trae is highly entertaining and triggers passionate haters.  That is attention that the league loves.  It is the media that had trouble letting go of their predictions that he would fail in the league and with only a handful of exceptions they have been eager every time he struggles to remind people they were kind of right when they suggested he would fail.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

All of this is true but this is the media more than the league.  Media is key in All-Star voting; media selects All-NBA; media writes the narratives, etc.  I don’t see a reason Adam Silver wouldn’t like Trae.  Trae is highly entertaining and triggers passionate haters.  That is attention that the league loves.  It is the media that had trouble letting go of their predictions that he would fail in the league and with only a handful of exceptions they have been eager every time he struggles to remind people they were kind of right when they suggested he would fail.

I see the media and the league as being one entity.   The media has it's job because of the media and the league benefits from the media coverage.   Thus, the League has outsourced a lot of it's honors to the media.  To me... that's one entity. 

When Jordan had a gambling problem, did the media uncover it?  No...  Jordan was allowed to go play baseball because Stern was not going to Pete Rose his cash cow.

When Lebron had questions about Steroid use (with Rich Paul being the pick up guy)... and surgery to remove a tumor that happens mostly to steroid users.. Did the media Uncover that... NO... Stern was not going to kill his cash cow. 

When you have stuff like the league blocking the CP3 trade to LAL..  nobody reported on how unethical that was.. nobody reported on how the league was diminishing competition.   The media stood by and held their peace 

The league uses the media to do it's business and trust the media to not report anything damning to the league.