• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not just NY... But the League hates Trae Young....

Diesel

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its MORE so with Trae because he IS the point guard.  This has been tried before. Iverson, Harden, Westbrook, etc.  You believe me or you are more qualified than Lloyd Pierce?  He couldn't stand Trae. Hubie Brown would kick Trae out of practice.  Again, its not his skill set.  Trae has the best skill set of any guard in the league.  Its his style of play that is horrible.  You can post stats galore and make statements but I SEE what Trae has done. Thats why the league hasn't warmed up to thim.  It has zero to do with it being the Hawks.

If I didn't know you were a dyed and true Hawks fan, I would think anyone comparing Trae's playmaking and scoring abilities to Iverson and Westbrook absolutely hated him.  The playmaking skills need no further comment but, imo, it is an especially garbage comparison given how much better Trae is as a scorer than Iverson and Westbrook (looking at efficiency not FGA/gm).  For clarity on this:

LBJ .588% TS%

Trae .583% TS%

Kobe .550% TS%

Westbrook .527% TS%

Iverson .518% TS%

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

If I didn't know you were a dyed and true Hawks fan, I would think anyone comparing Trae's playmaking and scoring abilities to Iverson and Westbrook absolutely hated him.  The playmaking skills need no further comment but, imo, it is an especially garbage comparison given how much better Trae is as a scorer than Iverson and Westbrook (looking at efficiency not FGA/gm).  For clarity on this:

LBJ .588% TS%

Trae .583% TS%

Kobe .550% TS%

Westbrook .527% TS%

Iverson .518% TS%

Back to the stats thing. The thread is about the LEAGUE HATING TRAE YOUNG.  There has to be a REASON.  The reason is they don't like his style of play.  They could care less about the stats.  I'm repeating what the op posted and giving a reason WHY.  If the reason isn't liked, so be it.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Back to the stats thing. The thread is about the LEAGUE HATING TRAE YOUNG.  There has to be a REASON.  The reason is they don't like his style of play.  They could care less about the stats.  I'm repeating what the op posted and giving a reason WHY.  If the reason isn't liked, so be it.

No... It's not the style of play.

The league hates Trae because Trae plays with a chip on his shoulder.  He knows that he's good.  He defies the odds of people who say that small guys can't play in this league but unlike others before him, he doesn't do it humbly...

This is why they hate:

Trae Young Shimmy GIF - Trae Young Shimmy Dancing - Discover ...  Trae Young GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I don't like visiting players shimmying on our court': Bucks ...

Trae Young GIF - Trae Young Quiet - Discover & Share GIFs

Trae Young Shivering GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

They hate Trae because he dared to take the lowly Hawks to the ECF and make the King Bleed... and on the way beat the Knicks with arrogance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No... It's not the style of play.

The league hates Trae because Trae plays with a chip on his shoulder.  He knows that he's good.  He defies the odds of people who say that small guys can't play in this league but unlike others before him, he doesn't do it humbly...

This is why they hate:

Trae Young Shimmy GIF - Trae Young Shimmy Dancing - Discover ...  Trae Young GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I don't like visiting players shimmying on our court': Bucks ...

Trae Young GIF - Trae Young Quiet - Discover & Share GIFs

Trae Young Shivering GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

They hate Trae because he dared to take the lowly Hawks to the ECF and make the King Bleed... and on the way beat the Knicks with arrogance.

When is the Disney movie coming out?

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

This year, when we win the chip... It will be a movie!

Actually, I need to prepare you for the truth...

We will be more hated.  Dejounte is more of a bad boy than Trae and JC is "the Baptist".   We don't leave other teams with the warm and fuzzies.  I think we will have more of an edge on defense and our offense is going to be arrogant.   There will be no Disney about us.  We will be hated but respected. 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:47 PM, bleachkit said:

…If it spurred the Murray trade, it was probably for the best.

Ummm, this post spurred the Murray trade:

Just kidding, but after it was “revealed” this off-season that Hawks brass lurks here, maybe not eh?  

Hey Landry feel free to ask me how they fit together next time lol.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Murray was a +33, Trae -30 in that game btw.  Everyone was healthy lol.

Hmm 🤔 @benhillboy @shakes I’m putting on a presentation in conference room A regarding “being a hawks homer vs always side eyeing the Hawks and making people feel you take no sides”….

Ya, sorry long title…

Oh, the Trae/Murray thing, it’s a fine fit Benhill, I’d worry about your lil Kum bucket 🪣 in the yay, he’s wylin out like a mug doh 😣 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

The media hasn't liked Trae since the Big 12 conference schedule of his freshman season. He got too much attention too fast, and people grew tired. 

OT: Has anyone every inquired about your screenname? :er: I mean, it’s been so many years, I’m numb to it. But why, why BANG HOLMAN, what did holman do to you? 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

First, I don't agree about the league hating Trae.  I think the media is vested in wanting to see the big markets succeed and many (not all but many) of the media members predicted doom and gloom for Trae and wrote him off early and are embarrassed they missed so badly on him and so use any struggles to ring the bell for why their call that he was a bust was really kind of right.

Second, the reason you gave wasn't sound, imo.  You said it has "been tried before" with Iverson and Westbrook.  Trae isn't doing what they did so I don't agree with the premise of that rationale and was explaining why.  It pisses me off when I see him listed with those two because he is so far out of their league as a scorer and passer.

• Like 2

• Moderators

In All- Star voting Trae was the #3 guard in the east among player voting behind Derozan and Lavine.   He was #2 in fan and media voting behind Derozan.  

NY fans and NY media are just loud and dumb.  I think that's where the 'hate' comes from.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, AHF said:

First, I don't agree about the league hating Trae.  I think the media is vested in wanting to see the big markets succeed

While I believe that the League and the Media work together collaboratively and therefore to me are one entity....

You lost me with the "big markets succeed" statement. 

There's no relationship to us in that statement.   It's not like you said "and see little markets fail".   Because had you done that, I would have mentioned Minnesota and Dallas and Memphis.  All three of those are small markets relative to NY, Chicago, and LA... And they get showered with Media Love (well maybe not Minny as much, but they don't get hated on like us).   Hell, we're even ranked 10th largest market in the league.

Now if you're talking about the fact that we trounced on NY and Philly in our run... you got a point.   Those two are the #1 and #6 ranked Markets in the NBA (according to Bleacher Report).   And because Trae is the tip of the spear, that makes sense. 

I however, like to lean in on your second statement... the media/league wants to cover it's arse about it's failed prediction of Trae. 

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, AHF said:

Steph .624% TS%

LBJ .588% TS%

Trae .583% TS%

Kobe .550% TS%

Westbrook .527% TS%

Iverson .518% TS%

Added one more data point here -- feel like it's relevant to have Curry in this table as he's also a score first PG, who hopefully Trae is starting to model parts of his game around this off season

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In All- Star voting Trae was the #3 guard in the east among player voting behind Derozan and Lavine.   He was #2 in fan and media voting behind Derozan.  

NY fans and NY media are just loud and dumb.  I think that's where the 'hate' comes from.  

Trae is popular.   Especially among the Children.  Trae actually had more fan votes than Lavine.   BUT that's not what we're talking about.  Because of their collaboration, the media gets to give out awards such of All NBA and MVP...etc.  They voted Ja ahead of Trae?  How?  When you listen to the media talking about Trae, there's a hate that is easily perceived. 

I think we're at the space where we can say that the media is too biased to make choices as important as All NBA and MVP.  Moreover, they have the ability to vilify a player.  I don't like him much but Kwame Brown has a point, The media has too much influence on how players are perceived. 

• Like 1