In-Season Tournament on the Horizon...It's now here!

JayBirdHawk

In-Season Tournament  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, I like them too.

Am I the only one not really excited about this? I guess the newness of it, but the format doesn't really make much sense to me. Maybe it's just me because I haven't read up on it. 

I’m with you here. I haven’t read up on it because if feels like it’s Adam trying to make money and it’s bullcrap as usual.

I kinda need more info but even when I get it I think in the end I’ll call Silver a money hungry whore.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I like the idea as long as the players take it seriously in trying to win. Adds some early season interest in making these games matter.

Last night's game were pretty close in final scores. No real blowouts.

I'm intrigued. I want the Hawks to win their matchups.

• Premium Member

It may be an anomaly, but teams seem locked in

The average margin of victory for the opening night of the In-Season Tournament was 4.9 points, according to ESPN Stats & Info.

The number represents the lowest average margin of victory on a day with at least seven games since 2016, as well as the second lowest average margin of victory on a day with at least seven games in ten years. 

Six out of the seven games were decided by seven points or less. 

• Premium Member
On 11/4/2023 at 8:10 AM, benhillboy said:

I can’t deal with the floors.  Too distracting to my eyes and too gimmicky.  Gives me an amateur feel like Boise State’s field or Oregon’s court.

It's got a European feel to me... It's interesting. 

• Premium Member
On 11/4/2023 at 10:35 AM, Spud2nique said:

Adam, this is a swing and a miss, comon man mid season tourney, wtf is that? Dude is greedy, going global is great but these gimmicks is lame 😒.

It's lame until he gets a great matchup between the in season champ vs. the NBA champ. 

If he can promote it well, the in season champ will develop a following.  His dream would be two small market teams battling for the in season championship. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks have a shot to be the wild card with a win over Cavs and a lotnof other impossible things. 😆 🤣 😂 

Screenshot_20231127_194517_Samsung Internet.jpg

My Spudputer 🤨 YA DIES I SAID IT!!! Says it’s a 1000/1 odds 😂 

I hate this tourney thing.. 😂 I really do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My Spudputer 🤨 YA DIES I SAID IT!!! Says it’s a 1000/1 odds 😂 

I hate this tourney thing.. 😂 I really do.

100%.  It turned out to be more pointless than i expected.  Does anyone really care?  Does anyone who isn't a hardcore NBA fan even know what it is?  

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

100%.  It turned out to be more pointless than i expected.  Does anyone really care?  Does anyone who isn't a hardcore NBA fan even know what it is?  

I'll be interested to see if there ends up being any notable impact on ratings or attendance, etc.  Seems like something where non-casual fans of a team that is doing well will take note but if your team isn't doing well you don't really give a ****.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll be interested to see if there ends up being any notable impact on ratings or attendance, etc.  Seems like something where non-casual fans of a team that is doing well will take note but if your team isn't doing well you don't really give a ****.

I have to admit i don't even know (or remember) what you get out of winning. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

A firm 🤝 and a 🍪 😂 

Oh and the players get a weekend in Vegas.  Yay!

'Cause it's not like they can just fly there pretty easily anywayssssss..... Adam Sliver is a joke.

You make players care about the regular season by not bending over and turning a blind eye to the fact that they gradually stopped caring in the first place.  As it is, his useless a** fed into it until it was too late.  

• Like 1