• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Harkless to OKC

Spud2nique

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wanna hear something even worse. I’m in Vegas on Sunday and some nerdy dork engineer lookin white dude wit a mustache drunk out his mind thinks I bet on the eagles and said YAAAAAA WE DID IT.. gleeked on my face. 

Ya, you guys got us. You’re better than I thought so far.

Control your fan base doh.

Naw, not claiming him outright.  You could be a fan of a Sri Lankan cricket player if you’d bet your house he’d take the last wicket…or so I’ve heard.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, MaceCase said:

So as is, I don’t think the concern should be about starting the season with the best possible roster on paper.  The concern should be how well the primary players play together and then Schields can take a more critical look at what exactly fills in the margins. 

I think the concern should be about having the best possible roster on paper.... always.. anytime. But of course, the luxury tax prevents that from being the case, or at least, strongly discourages it.

I agree that another concern should be how well DJM mixes with the others in the rotation, but then, that's more of McM's department, less the GMses... but to the point, I think the more games all of your players have to play with each other, all things being equal, the team's results benefit.

That said, there also is something to be said for the trade deadline deal that acts as a booster rocket, and assembling ducks in a row to swing that. And there's also something to be said for holding on to a declining vet to make it easier for your highly-regarded FRP to crack the rotation, rather than making a trade that brings a stronger performer but one that gets in the way of the FRP's ascension... similar to how, even if some opportunity arose right now to credibly improve the 2nd unit PF, have to ask if you really think there's enough advantage to putting someone in Jalen's path.

Still.

It makes me nervous to keep seeing AJ on the sidelines, and I know I'm not alone. How many times have we had this same situation, being told "he should be okay, it's nothing to get too concerned about" when Cam was here? And that's a compelling reason why you don't ignore opportunities to replace Justin if they present themselves, even if it makes it more difficult in the short-term for AJ to win a back-up wing role.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What the heck?

So, does this make any of those guys more or less likely to stick on their new roster?

Head scratcher.

Would have loved to flip Justin and Krejci for Nwaba and Chriss.... but I don't think OKC can take Krejci back in trade.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Favors and Mo to Houston in an 8 player trade for bench guys.

My Rocket 🚀 fan friend immediately texted.. wtf..  :laugh:

I said you prolly hang on to Jerome and Maledon ( @AHF’s guy) but Favors and Hark are cute most likely.

Lets get Favors! 

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My Rocket 🚀 fan friend immediately texted.. wtf..  :laugh:

I said you prolly hang on to Jerome and Maledon ( @AHF’s guy) but Favors and Hark are cute most likely.

Lets get Favors! 

Maybe ruggedly handsome.  Not cute.

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Would bring the GT folks back! @kg01 and others 😂 

Eh, why not?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wanna hear something even worse. I’m in Vegas on Sunday and some nerdy dork engineer lookin white dude wit a mustache drunk out his mind thinks I bet on the eagles and said YAAAAAA WE DID IT.. gleeked on my face. 

Ya, you guys got us. You’re better than I thought so far.

Control your fan base doh.

Mods! This post is offensive.  I don't know what having a mustache has to do with anything. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Mods! This post is offensive.  I don't know what having a mustache has to do with anything. 

:laugh1: It was those new age type mustaches folks are putting on these day..(some folks). I don’t get the look, you either look like you’re waiting for a call back for Debbie does Dallas or you really enjoy the swings and slides 🛝 at your nearby elementary school. 

No joke the dude looked like..

image.gif.617b4000f88a98a88b295b733d888d17.gif

but creepier… and just completely wasted. When he spoke in my mouth I felt the fire 🔥 from the alki… dude was taking it all in.

He kept yelling: EAAAAGLLLESSSSS GO EAGLESSSSS..

Oh, and I got a nice seat 💺 and there is a lady behind me with the most annoying yelling voice you could imagine yelling at the top of her lungs on every play…

GEEEEEEEETTTTTT HIMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

(yes lady it’s tackle football 🏈 you tackle the guy with the ball; they can’t hear you and your advice wouldn’t help a pee wee footballer.. she sounded like Lloyd from dumb n dumber..) 🤦‍♀️ 

Then I turned into Lloyd after I left..

image.gif.780cdb5c7c1b7323a7cb0a6876690e1e.gif

• Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: It was those new age type mustaches folks are putting on these day..(some folks). I don’t get the look, you either look like you’re waiting for a call back for Debbie does Dallas or you really enjoy the swings and slides 🛝 at your nearby elementary school. 

No joke the dude looked like..

image.gif.617b4000f88a98a88b295b733d888d17.gif

but creepier… and just completely wasted. When he spoke in my mouth I felt the fire 🔥 from the alki… dude was taking it all in.

He kept yelling: EAAAAGLLLESSSSS GO EAGLESSSSS..

Oh, and I got a nice seat 💺 and there is a lady behind me with the most annoying yelling voice you could imagine yelling at the top of her lungs on every play…

GEEEEEEEETTTTTT HIMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

(yes lady it’s tackle football 🏈 you tackle the guy with the ball; they can’t hear you and your advice wouldn’t help a pee wee footballer.. she sounded like Lloyd from dumb n dumber..) 🤦‍♀️ 

Then I turned into Lloyd after I left..

image.gif.780cdb5c7c1b7323a7cb0a6876690e1e.gif

I just got back from vegas too for work.  I'm not a vegas guy at all.  But i don't get how you even survive there without drinking unless you just really, really love gambling?  

• Haha 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

I just got back from vegas too for work.  I'm not a vegas guy at all.  But i don't get how you even survive there without drinking unless you just really, really love gambling?  

Nearly 7 years sober in a few months. I just can’t go back, for me, it was a death sentence. But ya, Vegas is crazy when you are sober but watching drunk people is kinda funny too. :laugh:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Vegas for work?  The only people that go to vegas for work are mob guys and strippers.

*gasp*

😲

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

2022-09-30_11-06-26.png

Wait, so a young rebuilding team like the rockets plans to waive Jerome and have Favors stick?

:er: I mean, I get that you want some vets around but Favors isn’t gonna want to stay is he? 

Why stuff is Texas backwards.

You've got to know when to hold them

You've got to know when to fold them

Note:  The dealing ain't done, as we can plainly see.

Heck, I can't keep up with who Atlanta has right now.  They continue to move parts around and I get lost.  Roster may get more movement, further confusing me.  Can't print off a list of current players because things keep changing.  One roster I saw had last season's players still on it.

🧑‍🔧Under construction!  See all the barrels along the roadway!!  

• Premium Member

Is the love affair for Favors because he went to Ga Tech?

I liked Favors... about 5 years ago.   Do you think he helps us with our biggest problem... size?

Where's the push for us to go after Whitesides.   Dude had a not so bad year last year.