• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta - Vit Krejci

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Second time in 12 hours you've seemed to suggest you have insight the rest of us don't have.

First, it was that we had other options on the table we were considering... and since we didn't take those options, you alleged it said something about the enthusiasm for the player, not just the player's contract.

I simply don't believe you. I don't think you have that insight.

Same here.

I simply don't believe you have any better clue than the rest of us have any clue "what our people thought/think of him."

I don't say I have more of a clue of what anybody is thinking... Much like yourself. 

I say... based on what we did vs what we could have done.... there's a reason.   We could have sent everything we sent for cash... and moved on.   Didn't we send Jock Landale to Phoenix for cash considerations?  So it's still something done in the league.  This has got to raise a question in your mind.  Why not just say we're taking cash in exchange?  Why "waste" a roster spot??  Isn't that the thought that plagues your mind... I mean, it would make room to bring up your boy, Silva, right???  That's the Agenda.

But the question refutes the agenda.. right??

So no, I don't have more of a clue of what anybody is thinking.   I just look at actions. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He might not last long, but if he does, we should stage a 3 pt shootout with him, AJ, Bogi, Hunter, JC and Trae & anybody else who believes that they are worth...  that is... if AJ can make it. Winner signs up for Allstar Weekend!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C’mon, Jay.  You’re not offseasoning right.  You gotta turn that quote about how excited Nate is about Vit being able to practice right away as a thinly veiled shot at whichever player you have an agenda against :stirthepot:

Season on the horizon is lulling us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dangit ma$e beat me to it.

I was just gonna post something about this guy being a Bogd replacement just like Culver is their Hunter replacement.

Ah dang, the humor's all gone now.  Why's ma$e posting so much anyways?  All of a sudden.  Where's Inez with his sleeping pills when you need her?

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 9/28/2022 at 1:11 PM, Spud2nique said:

I don’t know but he looks like a new age Detlef a bit. @Sothron, aka the Detlef lover, your thoughts 💭?

Detlef is in the HOF. I can't see that from this kid but he does have a high basketball IQ and good passing instincts. He had some really good athletic ability before the injuries. He's young enough to hopefully regain that. 

This guy could be a gem for us. I don't know where Mark Price is in the world but if we could hire him to teach Culver and Vit to shoot and how to run an offense then we've got two players with at least rotation potential.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Detlef is in the HOF. I can't see that from this kid but he does have a high basketball IQ and good passing instincts. He had some really good athletic ability before the injuries. He's young enough to hopefully regain that. 

This guy could be a gem for us. I don't know where Mark Price is in the world but if we could hire him to teach Culver and Vit to shoot and how to run an offense then we've got two players with at least rotation potential.

Detlef Lenny and Kemp watching ball in Seattle! 🥳 

C29668D5-D7D3-4A99-9DC0-29CF9B8EB6B3.jpeg

7F71A084-A9E4-4564-97B6-E5B34CC651FE.jpeg

• Premium Member
On 9/29/2022 at 12:08 AM, MaceCase said:

Throw Vit and Culver in a phone booth, see which comes out.  Not ready to present my thesis yet but I have been theorizing that Schlenk has a big guard archetype that he's been trying to fill for years.

Think he had hopes that BogBog would emerge as more of a lead guard option... I didn't keep up with him when he was in SAC, but I recall reading that they'd tried to use him in that role there on occasion.

Then, think he certainly had that hope for KVon.

So, I could see your theory working out... Vit gets a half year to prove himself as having NBA caliber skills, while Culver has some NBA caliber skills but gets a half year at College Park to prove he can be a legit lead guard.

I haven't done the math, but I could imagine that you could pay Vit for the first half... cut him... convert Culver's 2-way into a regular contract... and then the pro-rated portion of Culver's half-year vet min salary would still leave the overall team payroll beneath the tax line. I'm sure it's close, though.

1st impressions are important.  It's apparent that Krejci has made a pretty nice impression on Nate and the posters on the Squawk.  JayBirdHawk, sometimes, not always, but this time I have another reason to say, "I believe!"

😉

• Like 2