• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

I definitely supported Kevin Huerter while he was here. Even more than Bogi.

But let's keep it all the way real around here.  Here were Kevin's stats in the 1st round series last season vs Miami.

image.thumb.png.537b079a039164d762c109c02bb763d2.png

I didn't see anyone in this fan base act like Kevin Huerter wasn't expendable after this series.  In fact, many were calling for his position to be upgraded.

I think we can all be happy with the success that he's having in Sacramento, without acting like he was a must have on this team.

This reminds me of all the love Nipsey Hussle received . . . after he was killed.  He wasn't getting widespread love when he was alive. Only his fans loved him like that. 

But after he died, all of a sudden everyone was a Nipsey fan and people revered him.  I'm not saying that reverence is "fake" . . just a little exaggerated because he's playing well outside Atlanta.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't see anyone in this fan base act like Kevin Huerter wasn't expendable after this series.  In fact, many were calling for his position to be upgraded.

I was calling for his position to be upgraded for sure.   He wasn't getting it done as a starting 2 guard.  But that's a lot different then wanting him traded for a pick and money savings.   It's clear we could have used him off the bench this year. 

• Like 1

@kg01 your boy is free!

Vasilije Micic confirms hiring new agent for NBA representation

i_8a_7f_ac_vasilije-micic.png?w=190

Donatas Urbonas: Vasilije Micic has announced that he will be represented by Jason Ranne from Wasserman for his NBA affairs, while his long-time agent Misko Raznatovic will continue to represent him in Europe.

via Twitter Urbodo

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 your boy is free!

Vasilije Micic confirms hiring new agent for NBA representation

i_8a_7f_ac_vasilije-micic.png?w=190

Donatas Urbonas: Vasilije Micic has announced that he will be represented by Jason Ranne from Wasserman for his NBA affairs, while his long-time agent Misko Raznatovic will continue to represent him in Europe.

via Twitter Urbodo

I think my interest predated the Mary acquisition, no?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 your thoughts 🎤:

Double-whammy.  Weaken the Seeees, strengthen the Jsssssss.

Wasn't on my radar as a possible choice.  Now that I've had a chance to chew n' stew on it, I think it could be big for us.  Fair or foul, each of the coaches coming from there have done well.

GT needs a guy that can make waves in the ATL bball scene and he can certainly do that.  He did admirably at his previous HC stop under difficult circumstances (since thats not a good job).  Hoping he can step in and elevate us.  I'm excited.

Waiting to hear from @Sothron as he's a secret Selltic fan.  Haha. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

If we were going to hire a former PG for GT why not Mark Price or Kenny Anderson? Oh well. I hope Damon does a great job at GT. I finally soured on Pastner this past season when it just became obvious he had plateaued with the program. It certainly wasn't all his fault but a new voice was needed. Fully behind Damon as a hire.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To be successful at GT, Stoudemire will need to rebuild relationships with Atlanta AAU teams; Pastner never did. Out of the top 20 players in Georgia only 3 are staying in state, #10 to UGA and #18 and #19 to GSU. As a GSU alum, I like the hire and hope he and Jonas will continue the series.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Look at ol' Prunt.  Rockin' the red bottoms.  😄

Am I the only one who wants to pantz 👖 him? :sarcastic:#atomicwedgie :laugh1:

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this why DJ has been on the struggle bus????

I know it’s why I have as a poster. Lol. I bought a ring 💍 today 🤫 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is it! This is the beginning of the end! Everything is gonna change. I’m not longer a loose canon. I’m in trouble… :huh: oh boy…

A little advise that my Dad always said worked, he even had a plaque on the wall that said "I am the Boss in this house, and I have my wife's permission to say so" :spruce_up:

• Haha 4