• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Almost teary eyed.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have to acknowledge...

That Luka and Ja are better than Trae right now. 

I know that Trae is second in assists... and he's starting to turn things around point wise...   But damnit trae, for the first time, you're not winning the eye test. 

I know Luka is fat and he's slow but he's superstaring. 

I know that Ja is a frontrunner and a showoff but right now his game has some substance. 

It's bad because I believe that Trae is better than both of these guys.... However, his shooting and decision making hasn't been it lately. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I have to acknowledge...

That Luka and Ja are better than Trae right now. 

I know that Trae is second in assists... and he's starting to turn things around point wise...   But damnit trae, for the first time, you're not winning the eye test. 

I know Luka is fat and he's slow but he's superstaring. 

I know that Ja is a frontrunner and a showoff but right now his game has some substance. 

It's bad because I believe that Trae is better than both of these guys.... However, his shooting and decision making hasn't been it lately. 

I was killed for saying this when we drafted him. He’s a top notch second guy. That’s always been who he is. 

I know it isn’t a popular opinion, but his consistency and issues to create for himself when the team needs someone to take over isn’t what you’d hope for your top guy. He can score 18/10 but if he is your TOP guy he has to be better than that. If not, you need another guy or two who can score and allow his passing to be the catalyst.

• Like 1

He just lacks the attributes others currently have. Nothing wrong with that. 

Trae can pass, break you down off dribble, mid range, and shoot the three.

Ja can dunk on 7footers, break you down off dribble, pass, mid range, and shoot the three

Luka can dunk, post, break you down off dribble, pass, mid range, and shoot the three. 

Ja gave the champions all that they could handle

Luka got his team to WCF to lose to champs

Trae got shut down by #2 team in the East in 1st round 4-1

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae also had key pieces of his team hurt, including the big man in the middle.

Trae is so great, Miami deployed their version of the Jordan Rules against him. They sent double, sometimes triple teams at that dude.  I watch Ja on a nightly basis, and Ja isn't seeing the defenses that Trae is.

Luka and Ja isn't seeing guys blitz them with triple teams, trying to stop him.  Teams actually want Luka to shoot  the ball, because if anybody believes in his "hero ball" the most, it's Luka.  As for Ja, teams are terrified of his athleticism, so they let him take outside shots as well.

With Trae, teams fear the pick and roll AND the deep 3.

And don't talk about Luka until he wins a game in the WC Finals.  Ja too, for that manner.  The Hawks were a referee getting in Trae's way away from reaching the NBA Finals, or at the very least pushing the Bucks to a game 7.

You so-called Hawks fans can keep sleeping on Trae if you want, thinking someone else is greater.  Tell them to lead their teams within the brink of reaching the NBA Finals.

At this point I think you're trolling for Trae. You gotta let that ECF run go. Hawks surprised everyone that year. Huerter also won a key game. The league has caught up to his game now. Maybe its bad coaching. Ja and Luka for one are in a tougher conference so lets get that out of the way. Hawks and Warriors are both #8 seeds. Doesn't mean Hawks and Warriros are equal. 

In the playoffs Ja saw all the defenders thrown at him. You simply cannot contain him. 

Luka as well, you simply cannot contain him. 

Ja and Luka has a few more tricks up their sleeve than Trae and they're doing it in the tougher West. 

You can't say "but but but Luka hasn't won a WC game." Lol he carried his team there against our generations best team over the past few years. Against 3 HOFers. 

Lol Miami deployed their version of Jordan rules against Trae? Jordan broke those rules buddy and won 6 titles. 6 and 0 in finals. If Miami had done to Jordan what they did to Trae, Jordan comes back the next year bigger, better, stronger. 20 games in and Trae looks the same. 

No teams do not want Luka to shoot because he CAN shoot. They guard him and he just pulls up over his defenders. And teams respect Ja athleticism so they try to pick their poison. He can hit the three, pass, dunk, and has a ridiculous layup package. Trae is good at two of those. 

Edited by StonedDogs
Spelling
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not ready to write Trae's obituary, but he's having a brutal start to the year. His efficiency numbers are abysmal. There is no sugarcoating it. If we finish at or below .500 Nate will surerly be fired.

I think the only thing that saves Nate is another trip to the ECF or close to it.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not ready to write Trae's obituary, but he's having a brutal start to the year. His efficiency numbers are abysmal. There is no sugarcoating it. If we finish at or below .500 Nate will surerly be fired.

Plus we aren't running an offense and we have zero consistent shooters. Trae can and will be better. He has been consistently a top 5-top 3 offensive player the last three years, and that's where he'll end up at the end of this year. Only thing that's disappointing is that there are certain things he has not improved on since his rookie year. His shot selection is bad, especially down the stretch, and he needs to improve his defensive effort and IQ and he hasn't done that at all. I don't care for his body language at certain points in the game either and that's been the case since last year, he doesn't exude the leadership that you would expect from your cornerstone. Seems like since last year he has tuned out Nate. 

• Premium Member

As the biggest Trae stan here this season has been very troubling.    I'm a stan, but I'm also extremely anti-Homer so watching Trae basically stink up the joint all season has been very disappointing for me.

Earlier this year I read a post on RGM from a Hawks fan who said that Trae was a low IQ player.  I thought it was the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.   How could a guy with vision like that be considered low IQ by anyone?  But, then I started really thinking about it as the season got going and I see it, he really is a low IQ player.   He makes bad decisions quite often, usually revolving around terrible shot selection.  He cares more about his ego 1v1 battles than winning.  He doesn't have any understanding on how to be a Point Guard from the aspect of getting all his teammates involved and getting them shots so they can get in a rhythm.  He steadfastily refuses to move without the ball.  He falls asleep on defense and misses cutters all the time.

Aside from his amazing vision and passing, what else does he do that would make you say, "there goes a guy with high BB IQ?"

• Sad 1

It's so hard to watch like always..trey dribbles all the shot clock down and thinks guys can hit with sec to go..they never play team ball..and his shots selection is so bad at times..if they play team ball they would win more..why is it..when they play for Atlanta they forgot how to play..grrrrrr

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont care about the Luka, Ja comparisons. But we need Trae to be more efficient. Even a die hard Trae stan such as yourself has to admit 40% from the field and 31% from three is not winning basketball.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.  He is struggling hard and needs to pick it up to where his scoring efficiency has been the last 3 seasons.

image.png

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Ja can dunk on 7footers, break you down off dribble, pass, mid range, and shoot the three

Luka can dunk, post, break you down off dribble, pass, mid range, and shoot the three. 

Ahm...

Trade teams.  Give Ja the team that Trae had against Miami and let's see what happens?

Ja rests comfortably behind a great defensive team that can hit three pointers.   Again, trade places....

Luka has never looked good against Miami.  Last year in their only win in the Luka years, Luka shot 26.3% on 5 of  19 shooitng.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, deester11 said:

So Trae ain't it now? Sorry, I still believe he's on par with those guys.  He has warts and they drive us crazy, but whatever stretch this is, I'll take him all day.  Of course I like Luka, etc.  But I believe he needs....something.🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️?

No... i said at this moment.   I truly believe that Trae is better than both of those guys and Head and shoulders better than Ja.  However, right now, call it early season slump, call it getting used to new teammates, the eye test is failing with Trae, but by the end of the season, I expect him to be in his rightful place.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Trae got his team to the ECF and yielded due to a refs foot, let's be fair.

Edited by HawkItus