• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Article: Head Coach Nate McMillan And Some Of Hawks Players Don't Like Trae Young

Bonkers

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Wretch said:

This is every team in the history of the NBA.

I believe this based on some of the interactions I've seen from his dad on Twitter.  He's not just a couch coach though...  Ray was also a player and has been around basketball his entire life.  Also, he knows his son better than any of us.  He's certainly seeing the things we're seeing and I don't blame him one bit.

This is probably a half truth.  They don't look frustrated with each other and nor do they sound that way.  I'm 100% sure there's a divide over Nate, but I'm not seeing or hearing the division between players that we heard a few seasons ago.  I'm also 100% sure that the players have issues with Trae, but that is 100% normal for a locker room.  As a matter of absolute fact, most players have a particular beef with somebody. 

Thing is, none of this is news.   These guys have been playing at the highest levels all their lives.  This is the nature of the game.  Team is brotherhood.  It's family.  With that comes an expectation of conflict.  It is Nate's job and his coaching staff, along with the team leaders, to manage it.  This is the main reason why I would not trade John Collins. I would put real money on him being the one guy that is keeping the chemistry from tanking.

Lastly, anyone with an ounce of intelligence understands what this article is.  Are you kidding me?  The league is straight up salivating at the thought of an unhappy Trae Young.  The same way we watch the news and hope that certain players are unhappy and want out, the whole league is watching ATL.  Trae moving to the right situation will shake the league.  He is that kind of player and they want him.  Articles like this are just put out there to water the seeds.  That's it.

There is going to come a day when the haters (mad that we didn't take Luka) and NBA2K GMs see what Trae really is.  The wisest of us already know.  Under no circumstances would I allow this dude to leave ATL.  I don't care what it costs.  I'd get it done.  It is absolutely insane that people can't see what kind of player we got.  They will though...and if Trae's wearing a Hawks uniform, they'll be super quiet.  If he's wearing a different uniform, it's gonna hurt.

They'll say, "Well why couldn't he play like that here!?"
We will answer, "He did."

Well said.

• Like 2

Trae>everybody…

coach, other players I don’t care. Trae is ATL and whoever has beef with him doesn’t know how to play basketball because he’s the most unselfish superstar in the league.

Ps I used to like Chris Haynes. Now I think he’s a lil b!tch.

• Like 2

2 reports here , just to be clear the Haynes report and the op report.  

The Haynes one saying trae may request trade.  

We still haven't heard what it is that trae is so upset about what is it that he wants us to build. It's obviously more than just don't like this coach or that guy , I hope he is more mature than that , to be something to request trading for.  We know he wanted djm we got djm. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae>everybody…

coach, other players I don’t care. Trae is ATL and whoever has beef with him doesn’t know how to play basketball because he’s the most unselfish superstar in the league.

Ps I used to like Chris Haynes. Now I think he’s a lil b!tch.

Wait, all this stuff is reported by Haynes?  That's meaningful because, as @aali34 said, Haynes is a Klutch mouthpiece.

I dont want to see instability but I also recognize McMullan is not maximizing the roster and is blaming Trae through his own media contacts - recall the nbaradio stuff with Karl.  This thing is getting really toxic, really fast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

Wailing and weeping.

People think it's bad that we "didn't take Luka."  Listening to how we let Trae get away will be exponentially worse.

Nah don't worry, wretchie.  Per realgm, Hawks are better without Trae on the floor.  Numbers say it. 🙄

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

Can't really cry about it if we don't know what he wants. 

I think he wants Nate gone.

Listen to Nate talking about 'the game being played differently from when he played' etc etc.....YES NATE - the game has changed and you have refused to adjust and change with it.

I still remember him saying before the season, he doesn't care what analytics say about 3 point shooting  - now here we are........  Taking more 2s and midranges.

• Thanks 1

I agree - it's clear to me that Trae (and possibly others) are ready to move on from Nate.  In fact, I honestly believe that's one of the unstated reasons that Travis is gone - because he probably knows what's coming and didn't want the firing on his watch.

Edited by lynred

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

I feel there's a lotta folks that don't understand how the NBA works.  Too much 2k franchise mode probably.

There are plenty of guys in the league who can dribble the clock down to nothing, allow themselves to be trapped on the sideline and commit a turnover or hoist up some off balance, off the wall shot, rather than keep moving the ball around.  That's not a special talent.

• Haha 2

Nate maybe rigid

Nate may have worn out his welcome in Atlanta with Trae

BUT

This is one of the worst HC jobs in the NBA and don't think any coach with experience is dying to coach this team outside of D'Antoni who's seen as way past his time. 

This is a terrible job. Poor fit. While you have a lot of talent, it's hard to find even decent trades that could help. Trae can't run a system nor can he run an offense. He can't play off the ball. You got two PGs getting a lot of minutes together. Murray might be the better player but you gotta blow down to Trae as he's the franchise face and the reason your attendance is 104.8 compared to the usual 72% and with how this season has gone, if you had this record and play without Trae, you would have attendance in the 50% range. 

Facts are, you must build around Trae and that's extremely hard to do. That said, it can be done but you need the right pieces. Atlanta has some of the right pieces. Bogi, Griffin, and Okongwu. While Hunter isn't an ideal fit at all, it's mandatory as big wings are critical in today's NBA.  

You got four pieces that work around Trae. You just gotta figure out the rest. Easier said than done but it could be done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, akay said:

Middling around.500 and losing first round of the playoffs or in the play in would be pathetic given our roster, we are a talented @ss team!

Ahm...

Our contemporaries in the East are Miami and Indiana.  Under us are Chicago and Toronto.  I'm sure Raptors fans wake up everyday and call for Nick Nurse's head because they are under .500.   Same with the Heat Fans and Erick Spoolstra.   The truth of the matter is that we're fortunate to be at .500 and we could be better... but we have a team who can be very good but we've been injured a lot. 

The East is different.   There's a lot of parity.   Brooklyn, NY, and Cleveland has thrusted itself in the top 6...  Boston and Milwaukee were expected.   And we have wins over Milwuakee and Denver.   The Magic has swept the Celtics and Brooklyn is beating people unmercifully.   You claim we are talented but you ignore the fact that most of our talent has been on the IL. 

Sit patient. 

• Like 1