• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems Everybody is worth 20+ million dollars 🤨

Immanuel Quickley's extension range $80-100 million?

Michael Scotto: The Knicks are going to have to make a decision on Immanuel Quickley if they’re going to extend him or put him as part of a bigger trade package? He’s certainly increased his trade value after being a finalist for the Sixth Man of the Year award. In talking with people around the league, this is what I’ve gathered as far as looking at his value. At worst, his floor would be four years, $80 million. Then, you’re getting into a conversation of, to make sense for Quickley, is it in the four-year, $100 range? When Quickley started 21 games, he played well. He averaged 22.6 points on 47 percent shooting from the field and 40 percent from three, 5.4 rebounds, and 5.1 assists. I get the sense Quickley enjoys his time in New York and wants to be there.

I told y’all leading up to his draft of the two UK guards, Quickley was the player you’d want to draft later than spending an early pick on Tyrese Maxey. 
I’m curious how both their contracts shake out. 

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I told y’all leading up to his draft of the two UK guards, Quickley was the player you’d want to draft later than spending an early pick on Tyrese Maxey. 
I’m curious how both their contracts shake out. 

There was/is talk around the interwebs of a max rookie extension for Maxey.

76ers Rumors: Tyrese Maxey 'Headed for' Max-Contract Extension During 2023 Offseason

MIKE CHIAR

According to Sean Deveney of Heavy.com, some NBA executives believe Maxey may be headed for a max-contract extension as early as this offseason.

Maxey has improved significantly in each of his three NBA seasons since the Sixers selected him with the No. 21 overall pick in the 2020 draft out of Kentucky.

In 60 games this season, Maxey is averaging career highs in points (20.3) and three-pointers (2.7) per game to go along with 3.5 assists and 2.9 rebounds. He is also shooting 48.1 percent from the field and a career-best 43.4 percent from beyond the arc.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There was/is talk around the interwebs of a max rookie extension for Maxey.

76ers Rumors: Tyrese Maxey 'Headed for' Max-Contract Extension During 2023 Offseason

MIKE CHIAR
APRIL 07, 202
AdThird-year Philadelphia 76ers guard Tyrese Maxey reportedly could be in line for a significant contract extension in the near future.

According to Sean Deveney of Heavy.com, some NBA executives believe Maxey may be headed for a max-contract extension as early as this offseason.

Maxey has improved significantly in each of his three NBA seasons since the Sixers selected him with the No. 21 overall pick in the 2020 draft out of Kentucky.

In 60 games this season, Maxey is averaging career highs in points (20.3) and three-pointers (2.7) per game to go along with 3.5 assists and 2.9 rebounds. He is also shooting 48.1 percent from the field and a career-best 43.4 percent from beyond the arc.

They really just giving anyone max contracts lol, Maxey doesn't deserve that - Jordan Poole contract at best imo

• Like 3

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, akay said:

They really just giving anyone max contracts lol, Maxey doesn't deserve that - Jordan Poole contract at best imo

Yeah, I'm a big UK fan and I think he was really critical to their team and even I don't think for a second he deserves a max contract.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, I'm a big UK fan and I think he was really critical to their team and even I don't think for a second he deserves a max contract.

They're gonna revoke your Lexington moonshine swiggin' privileges. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have come to the realization that I no longer care what these guys are signing for since Owners/GMs don't.  We have seen time and again bad contracts get traded and teams keep signing them.  It's just how much it will cost to make those trades that's the issue.   

The problem is if you don't resign your guys, you become a pariah amongst agents and players. On top of that, if you don't offer top dollar, players and agents become apoplectic, and go elsewhere out of spite. The only choice you have is to pay ungodly amounts of luxury tax like Golden State, or just pay your top guys and hopefully luck out with unheralded, overlooked players like Miami. It's a tough business. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The problem is if you don't resign your guys, you become a pariah amongst agents and players. On top of that, if you don't offer top dollar, players and agents become apoplectic, and go elsewhere out of spite. The only choice you have is to pay ungodly amounts of luxury tax like Golden State, or just pay your top guys and hopefully luck out with unheralded, overlooked players like Miami. It's a tough business. 

Only one champ every year.  I wonder if we have too many $20M contracts for league average players to get to the next level.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I would say there is a fair chance that is the case. 

When these kids get drafted at 19-20.  The contract cost is massive to take a whole roster and give all your draft picks second contracts.   We have paid a number of guys already, and then you have Bey, Okongwu, and Murray coming due soon.  Can you honestly look at this group and say to Tony Ressler, “All of these guys are keepers.  It’s time to not just pay the luxury tax, but become one of the biggest payrolls in the league.”  

Think of what adding Murray $40M, OO $25M, Bey $15M does to our current payroll.  Plus adding another couple first round pick contracts and possibly a MLE guy.  We got to make adjustments this off-season to prep for the future.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I would definitely do that deal if I were LA.  Kawhi is an even bigger injury risk than Embiid and is entering his age 32 season.  (Embiid will be entering his age 29 season).  That seems like suicide for Philly.

Why tho?  Atleast you know, when he plays, you'll win with Leonard.  LL joeLLLL-o is gonna do is lose then blame.  Not even necessarily in that order.

I see it as a plus for PHI.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, kg01 said:

I agree Qickley (down under) will get $20mil per.  But fanbases will immediately become thankful their team doesn't have to pay Quickley (down under) $20mil per. 

Why would they be thankful?  $20M in the 2024-2025 season is only 1/7th of the cap, or ~14%... going up to the luxury floor, $20M will be about 11-12% of the total space available before paying the tax.  I don't know why anyone would be unhappy about a solid rotation player with upside taking up 11-12% of the space available on a team trying to win (but avoiding the tax).  That's not much at all and your estimate of fan base sentiment is exactly in line with my statement that fans sentiment around contracts is lagging and biased heavily.

It seems most fans are not happy with ANY contracts except superstars on maxes, rookie deals, and deals where guys are clearly underpaid.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Why tho?  Atleast you know, when he plays, you'll win with Leonard.  LL joeLLLL-o is gonna do is lose then blame.  Not even necessarily in that order.

What is Kawhi winning that Joel isn't?  

Last 3 years:  

Joel -  Regular Season: 154 wins; Playoffs:  18-15

Kawhi - Regular Seasons:  133 wins; Playoffs:  11-13

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Kawhi = Spurs culture

Embiid = Tank culture