• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

What if trading Clint and keeping JC opens up the floor for JC and allows him to get back to being the featured rim runner coupled with a more spaced out floor?  I'm of the opinion that JC's game has been diminished more by Clint and then DJM than anything else.  But he can still be a very good player for us, imo.  Just need to let him be the guy instead of Clint.  

I may seem like a JC hater but I’m not. Collins would clearly flourish if he gets to go back to this role and that’s a good thing but the question is what center is going to space the floor for him to do this?

Ayton ?

KP ?

are we realistically going after these guy’s? Because the list for floor spacing centers isn’t long …it’s actually quite short.

I believe it’s possible we run a small ball starting lineup with two true 4s and maybe that’s where all the Siakam rumors are coming into play.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I may seem like a JC hater but I’m not. Collins would clearly flourish if he gets to go back to this role and that’s a good thing but the question is what center is going to space the floor for him to do this?

Ayton ?

KP ?

are we realistically going after these guy’s? Because the list for floor spacing centers isn’t long …it’s actually quite short.

I believe it’s possible we run a small ball starting lineup with two true 4s and maybe that’s where all the Siakam rumors are coming into play.

Siakam or bust!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No go ahead to say much but if something hits the news about why Nate/Schlenk left and it involves the assistant coaches, the young guys, Huerter's departure and the long term deals handed out, you heard it here first.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

No go ahead to say much but if something hits the news about why Nate/Schlenk left and it involves the assistant coaches, the young guys, Huerter's departure and the long term deals handed out, you heard it here first.

Can you explain a little more? 

Nate didnt like his Son, so he left? 😀

Schlenk didnt like the young guys he drafted so he left? 😕

Who's deal pissed them off the most? lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I'm not buying the Ayton or Siakam rumors, for many reasons. But most of all, I don't see their fit next to OO.

I think this is all just smokescreens to drive down the price of someone we haven't heard much about yet, but is our actual target -

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xjqo0u8p71w6j48uvf

Man, i hope you're right

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow, our name HAWKS is everywhere in rumors!!! Wtfff I can’t keep up. Maybe Quin said screw this gimme my own makeup of the team let me start something from scratch minus Trae of course. 

Oh myyyy..

Wonder if it's partly us having a new GM that's getting run through the rumor ringer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You might as well tell us since you told us already though I can't find the earlier post.  But I did find this one below that alluded to the previous post:

You talked about the assistants (and players) weren't pleased with how Nate treated JJ.  How Nate kept the players at arm's length, no comradery etc.  Assistants would want him to call time out during games or have a different plan to give instructions and he wouldn't etc......

On 5/9/2023 at 2:44 PM, thecampster said:

The removal of Prunty and the rest of the assistants should point back to what we reported earlier in the year about fractures within the team and between coaches.  This is about breaking the relationships between players and assistants that contributed to the team breakdown.  This is about starting new, removing bias and making people earn it from the start.

You talked about the assistants (and players) weren't pleased with how Nate treated JJ.  How Nate kept the players at arm's length, no comradery etc.  Assistants would want him to call time out to give instructions and he wouldn't etc......

On 2/26/2023 at 3:15 PM, thecampster said:

Anyone else see Trae come over to Prunty after the first foul, put his arm around Prunty and have a laugh together?

That should tell you bunches. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Our FO is being very active on the trade fronts. Almost every team is being really active. It is unusually high. 

There were so many teams that were talented but didn’t fit well last year so I can see why. I mean, you had the Heat in the finals lol. With the parity in the league (which I love), a lot of teams probably feel they are a tweak or two away and are looking for some win/win scenarios for both teams.

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Our FO is being very active on the trade fronts. Almost every team is being really active. It is unusually high. 

I mean from the standpoint of not having a track record of being a guy who'll cut off negotiations if stuff leaks.  

Also @Spud2nique, I found the one condition on which I'd accept Zion traded to ATL.  They gotta bring Baller-ado back home with him. 

• Haha 2