• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Y’all don’t get it. Yes, Porzingis is a high risk because of his injury history, but he’s also very high reward. High reward if he just duplicates what he did last year.

The “high” risk is what are you giving up to get him?

Boston is about to get him for JUST Malcolm Brogdon and Gallo if Woj’s report is correct.

I’d say that’s a pretty low risk for a high reward.

It's always in what you give up to get....Porzi the player vs the cost to initially get and the cost to keep him going forward if that is the plan.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s always hurt, overrated, can’t move his feet on defense… etc.

Porzingis?  Sorry, squd you're wrong there.  He's one of the best in the league, particularly in pnr defense.

16 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Their own first overall pick in the draft next year, or so they hope. 

Yeah but they can get that without trading anyone else.  Why reward Loston? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, sturt said:

I remember being assured we could net some kind of decent return for... *cough* *cough*... JDay... by someone... not you. But seems relevant to mention here. 😇

Who was that?  I'm kind of shocked anyone would think we could deal him for real value.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who was that?  I'm kind of shocked anyone would think we could deal him for real value.

"Decent return" and "real value" may or may not be the same thing.

I prefer not to call anyone out, tho. 🙂 ...  you know meeeee. 😄

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

"Decent return" and "real value" may or may not be the same thing.

I prefer not to call anyone out, tho. 🙂 ...  you know meeeee. 😄

Fair enough.  I am shocked anyone thought we'd get anything of "decent value" or "real value."  That was a salary dump and FRP trade from our end.  We didn't give up value for the purpose of getting JDay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I can roll with Siakam IF he comes along with OG.

No OG...no interest from me.

How would a trade like that work. I doubt they move OG in a trade here after all the nonsense at trade deadline with Masai saying he needs 4 FRP's for OG 

7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

ATL is a legitimate landing spot for Siakam

Yes please. 🙏🏿 OO and Pascal “the boys from Africa” 

Spud: {in the middle} {kg left chicken bone eatin and in the right is Warcore actually flip that}

image.gif.974f4821404cbf596b94cdad3313a0a6.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

How I know I am an optimist.  If we had landed Porzingis, I would have been excited and believed the best would happen.  Boston gets him and I immediately think he'll probably be injured by the end of the year and Boston will be weaker without Brogdon.  

OR... Tatum and KP flourish together, become best friends, and Jaylen Brown feels left out and demands a trade HOME.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Y’all don’t get it. Yes, Porzingis is a high risk because of his injury history, but he’s also very high reward. High reward if he just duplicates what he did last year.

The “high” risk is what are you giving up to get him?

Boston is about to get him for JUST Malcolm Brogdon and Gallo if Woj’s report is correct.

I’d say that’s a pretty low risk for a high reward.

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Clips won this trade. Brogdon was great for Boston this year. Watch KP go out with injury most games.

Great gamble for Boston. It’s not like Brogdon and Gallo aren’t without their own injury concerns. 
In fact, it seems like it’s getting a lot more difficult to find players who AREN’T injury risk players. At least not any that are available that are worth a damn when they are healthy.

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

How I know I am an optimist.  If we had landed Porzingis, I would have been excited and believed the best would happen.  Boston gets him and I immediately think he'll probably be injured by the end of the year and Boston will be weaker without Brogdon.  

Same. Not with the Zinger in this particular case I was off him from the start but same philosophy I got the hawks vision :pilot:

• Like 1