• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Come on @Spud2nique LET @NBASupes live...   We have all been duped before.   It's like watching those drug movies and their a guy trying to get his drugs from Colombia to Miami.  Sometimes you're the drug mule with the real drugs.  Sometimes, you're the drug mule with the fake drugs.    How could Supes know that it was fake drugs that they loaded into him?  This whole time, he thought he was carrying the real deal.  The drug lords told him not to tell anybody about the package that was in him but the drug lords knew that there would be some slippage.  They expected it.  They had hoped that the slippage would draw the feds.   And it did. 

This is clearly autobiographical.

And, if I'm reading you right, you're basically saying supes got high on his own supply.  Dies-o said it, not me.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

As a fan I want Ressler to spend and I don't care how much the tax would be for him, but it's also bad business to pay the LT for a team that is a 6-10 seed with no title shot. I still think he would pay it if there was a deal where a Big 3 of say Trae. DJM, and KAT was the result. But as it stands, there's no reason to pay it when the roster is broken in areas.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I recall reading an article about Quin helping Hunter do something more aggressively.   I can't exactly remember but it struck me as odd that Hunter would need that kind of help. 

I get that, but our players still need so much development.

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

Come on @Spud2nique LET @NBASupes live...   We have all been duped before.   It's like watching those drug movies and their a guy trying to get his drugs from Colombia to Miami.  Sometimes you're the drug mule with the real drugs.  Sometimes, you're the drug mule with the fake drugs.    How could Supes know that it was fake drugs that they loaded into him?  This whole time, he thought he was carrying the real deal.  The drug lords told him not to tell anybody about the package that was in him but the drug lords knew that there would be some slippage.  They expected it.  They had hoped that the slippage would draw the feds.   And it did. 

Fair enough. I like Supes content he provides a lot no doubt. Sorry. 

ps I say we gettem! The drug dealers.. form a squawk posse..

image.gif.7dd50694d66a827b4988d65457dac6da.gif

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Why do we want all these young guys?!

we should be focusing on bringing in veterans to help build around trae & Murray!

This Fo seems to be completely lost imo!

Makes me miss Travis!

First off, the validity of this post is questionable.  WHo is MFFL?  I take it to mean Mavs Fan For Live...  Tell me if I'm wrong.   So you're going to believe what MFFL says about what the Mavs are doing??  His source is probably Supes. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Why do we want all these young guys?!

we should be focusing on bringing in veterans to help build around trae & Murray!

This Fo seems to be completely lost imo!

Makes me miss Travis!

I see this as more about getting commensurate value for Clint. Young guys with potential can be used as trade pieces.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I wonder if teams are reluctant to deal with the Hawks in hopes that Trae will ask out.  I sense the same is happening with Dame in Portland.

Hawks are labeled as an 'avoid the Tax team' so teams want our guys cheap since the overriding theme has been the 'Luxury Tax concerns' upcoming for the Hawks. It's ALWAYS the first talking point vs building the team.around Trae and avoiding a 3rd straight play-in. 

Patience is key.  Don't get bumrushed with a hasty deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

@TheFuzz - That is clearly the issue then because those are the two big consequences of using the old theme that our provider broke with their updates.

image.png

Go to the bottom of the screen and click "Theme" (next to Language, Privacy Policy, etc.).  Then select the "Default" theme. 

image.png

It should go to a completely different color scheme and have a plainer look but should restore your ability to react to posts and quote them.

image.png

You the bomb.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

As a fan I want Ressler to spend and I don't care how much the tax would be for him, but it's also bad business to pay the LT for a team that is a 6-10 seed with no title shot. I still think he would pay it if there was a deal where a Big 3 of say Trae. DJM, and KAT was the result. But as it stands, there's no reason to pay it when the roster is broken in areas.

In his conversation with Schultz, Ressler called the Team an "Asset" .

That cleared things up for me. 

Ressler is not a fan of the Hawks.  He's the owner.  And he doesn't have other fans of the Hawks, he has Shareholders.   He probably likes to see his team doing well, but his primary thing is ownership. 

WE... Fans of the Atlanta Hawks want to believe that our Owner would be the biggest HOMER there is... When that is the case, your owner will spend more than is needed to make sure that the team is at the best capacity it can be.  However, when your owner is a owner first, he's looking to maximize his profits.. either now or in the future. He has a guideline that he follows and a stiff budget.  He rarely makes moves that are not going to improve the bottom line either now or in the future.  Like Trading Nique was the best business move at the time.   However, it was the worst possible fan move. 

Bottom line, let's stop expecting fan moves from our owner. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.4904f18cd018a0b4ae425124888bc556.gif

Do you remember the end of scarface.  This scene.. after Tony Sniffed up a table full of pure coke?

Let me ask...  when you read the rants on this board..   Do I or Do Supes seem more like Tony?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

In his conversation with Schultz, Ressler called the Team an "Asset" .

That cleared things up for me. 

Ressler is not a fan of the Hawks.  He's the owner.  And he doesn't have other fans of the Hawks, he has Shareholders.   He probably likes to see his team dong well, but his primary thing is ownership. 

WE... Fans of the Atlanta Hawks want to believe that our Owner would be the biggest HOMER there is... When that is the case, your owner will spend more than is needed to make sure that the team is at the best capacity it can be.  However, when your owner is a owner first, he's looking to maximize his profits.. either now or in the future. He has a guideline that he follows and a stiff budget.  He rarely makes moves that are not going to improve the bottom line either now or in the future.  Like Trading Nique was the best business move at the time.   However, it was the worst possible fan move. 

Bottom line, let's stop expecting fan moves from our owner. 

Ressler cares about the team. I sit by him at games. He's on his feet, he cheers, he heckles. Against the Cavs last season, he was yelling at Rubio and calling him a bum. He's just also a business man that isn't going to pay millions for a middling team. If we aren't a contender, there's no reason to pay it. It's on the GM to make us a contender where he would pay it or get under so we have breathing room to get better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, BangHolman said:

Ressler cares about the team. I sit by him at games. He's on his feet, he cheers, he heckles. Against the Cavs last season, he was yelling at Rubio and calling him a bum. He's just also a business man that isn't going to pay millions for a middling team. If we aren't a contender, there's no reason to pay it. It's on the GM to make us a contender where he would pay it or get under so we have breathing room to get better.

There's no dispute about him caring about the team.  Ownership doesn't mean that it's cut and dry one way.   What I'm saying is that at the end of the day, he's more owner than fan.  So as a fan, he'll get the best guys possible for GM and Coach and let them run it.   But as the owner, he's going to set a stiff budget and tell them... this is it.   As the owner, he wants to be consulted on big moves because he has to gauge whether that move will keep him profitable down the line. 

For Instance, Landry could have come to him and said, I have a deal for JC, Murray, and 2 1sts for Karl Anthony Townes.   Now for some fans, that's a no brainer... do it.   However, for the owner, he has to know KAT's physical shape, how many games has he played in the last 4 years?  How much money does he have left on his contract? If he gets hurt and has to miss games, do we have a good enough team to continue to win?   Does getting him mean We have to go out and spend money on  a SG?  Those are things that the Fan thinks about and the fan quickly dismisses because you rarely have a chance to get a superstar.   It was Ressler the business man that blurted Landry had the ability to trade anybody, including Trae.   A fan never would have said that.