• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He better start hoping that some young guys break out.  His, likely short, tenure as Hawks owner is looking worse and worse.    Well he got his brother a sweet heart development deal for the gulch so I guess they're happy.   Once that's in place the for sale sign will go up on the Hawks. 

Maaaaan, why can’t we get an owner who really wants to win and means it. Someone who has as much passion for the Hawks as any number of us squawkers. 

I realize it’s money and it’s a business but I just want a Hawks owner that comes in here and spends to win, not spends to make more money. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Yea but everyone was saying how valuable capela is and teams were after him

He is, but teams think Hawks will just make a bad deal to get out from under the tax. 

There is a balance to that and it's about timing.

Hawks showing some patience doesn't come across as being desperate to other teams. You undersell CC, it's lights out for everyone else. We don't want to be The Wiz.

I still think we'll make some changes, it's just a matter of when.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just be thankful that Tony is okay paying the LT this year. 

Unfortunately, I do not believe this— and even more unfortunately, I doubt other GMs believe it either.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks as of Ocotober 2022 were at 110 wins per player ratio.  (10 percent in the green relative to cost per wins).  They stated they would go into the luxury tax to build a championship team, backed off that by salary dumping Huerter and Gallinari, and now appear to be dumping Murray.  Its all over the place.  The value of the Hawks is good though. Its about team value, period.

How do you see Gallinari as a salary dump?  They could have let him expire if they wanted to dump his salary.  They did the opposite and traded his salary for Murray.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Unable to quote @JayBirdHawk, but I suspect we take the best deal for Murray, Hunter or Collins to free up some of our logjams and get under the tax. If the deals knock our socks off maybe we trade 2 of them. Sacramento, Indiana and Charlotte have cap and would probably like Hunter or Collins. Move Capela to the bench and we're golden.

@TheFuzz

Have you changed the theme / skin  you are using per this thread?  That is the only thing I am aware of that has prevented people from quoting:

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

@JeffS17 I agree that our roster can perform a lot better with Quin Snyder and some other tweaks.  But that isn't the whole enchilada to me.  Couldn't we be even better with the right adjustments to the roster, even major adjustments? 

Additionally how do you see it playing out with the cap if we retain everyone and go over the first apron this year leading into next season and still having Bey, Murray, and Okongwu with big raises in queue?  Said another way skipping any adjustments this year puts us in a pretty significant bind next year.  

I really see don't see much wisdom in standing pat.  If a lot of teams are wanting to make deals right now, we should be active.

I think we agree on all fronts.  But it doesnt seem like any favorable deals are out there.  In my humble opinion, the Heurter trade to get under the tax destroyed our credibility in trades.  Teams will always wait it out to fleece us when they can see our cap situation.  

This is probably why Tony and the FO are insisting that this time they’re super cereal abt paying that tax.  They even got our insiders believing it but I just don’t see it.  Heres to hoping I eat crow

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Threezus said:

So i was wondering i know Houston has been interested and linked to Capela quite a bit.    Would it be possible and would anyone be willing knowing that Whitmore fell to 20.  Trading Capela for Whitmore to free up cap space and get a guy most people had top 7 or so back as a upside play. 

I am guessing if they wanted Cam they would have just taken him at 15.  I certainly would have taken him at 15.

Trading CC for him straight up does not work for the Hawks though since it leaves OO as the only viable center/rim protector on the roster.  Also, given where Cam is developmentally, that move does not help winning in the near term if that is the Hawks goal.

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I think we agree on all fronts.  But it doesnt seem like any favorable deals are out there.  In my humble opinion, the Heurter trade to get under the tax destroyed our credibility in trades.  Teams will always wait it out to fleece us when they can see our cap situation.  

This is probably why Tony and the FO are insisting that this time they’re super cereal abt paying that tax.  They even got our insiders believing it but I just don’t see it.  Heres to hoping I eat crow

The Huerter deal was a terrible deal. He was under a good contract. It wasn't like he's JC where everyone thinks he's overpaid. 

• Like 4

Just now, Packfill said:

I am guessing if they wanted Cam they would have just taken him at 15.  I certainly would have taken him at 15.

Trading CC for him straight up does not work for the Hawks though since it leaves OO as the only viable center/rim protector on the roster.  Also, given where Cam is developmentally, that move does not help winning in the near term if that is the Hawks goal.

Houston and Atlanta actually had a deal for Capela but Cam Whitmore falling was pretty much murder she wrote to that. At the end of the day, these teams will cap space will miss on players and look to trades. 

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Windy is full of shit. The whole Brogdon shit was false. LAC just didn't want to do a deal without a physical and KP had one hour to opt into his final year. Windy talks to exes around the league and some of the shit they say isn't accurate. Unless Landry, Kyle, or others are telling teams that that shit which they aren't, it's ducktales.

how can you say Windhorst is full of shit when he's a employed NBA insider who is almost always correct even when other insiders like Woj and Shams have to carry water for their GM sources

yesterday you told us:

Hawks are trying to move targeting Cam Whitmore. 

2.  Capela is still the player that I am told will be moved tonight for Atlanta. 

you were wrong about the hawks twice just yesterday, for some reason I trusted your reporting that we were getting Whitmore, you can make excuses about his medical but teams knew about that for a long time

if Windhorst says we have to get out of the tax, I have no reason not to trust his reporting

• Haha 1

I wonder if anything is going to happen to AJ now.

Personally I see more star potential in AJ than KB.

I believe a bad trade is coming similar to Huerter last offseason. Don’t want it to happen but I have a good gut feeling.

I’m at a point now where I’m just hoping we keep the players we have…including JC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

@AHF no clue, I'm not the most technologically savvy tbh. I haven't been able to react outside of regular likes either. Been trying to give @Spud2nique the emojis he deserves.

@TheFuzz - That is clearly the issue then because those are the two big consequences of using the old theme that our provider broke with their updates.

image.png

Go to the bottom of the screen and click "Theme" (next to Language, Privacy Policy, etc.).  Then select the "Default" theme. 

image.png

It should go to a completely different color scheme and have a plainer look but should restore your ability to react to posts and quote them.

image.png

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not Woj or Shams. If you want complete accuracy from people who get paid to do it, follow his account. I don't have direct contact to the Hawks. I've said that time and time again. That's why I am say Beal is going to the Suns and be 100% and miss on the Hawks. 

It seemed like a lock Clint would be traded based on how close other teams felt, it didn't happen. Please block me if you like. I won't lose any sleep over it.

I don't mind you being obviously wrong and overly confident, but just dissming something coming from windhorst because you don't want to believe it is silly...

we will see at the deadline if we end up in the tax or not

4 minutes ago, hawkitdo said:

I don't mind you being obviously wrong and overly confident, but just dissming something coming from windhorst because you don't want to believe it is silly...

we will see at the deadline if we end up in the tax or not

someone told me about this forum recently but after following this thread for the past week I think I will continue trusting windhorst over nbasupes

I dismissed Windy because he says shit that ain't even being said by that team. He literally said Brodgon was untradeable health wise and that was a lie. He just repeats what other execs say in private even if it's lies and passes it off as law.

@NBASupes yesterday you said the Hawks were trying to move to target Cam Whitemore. We didn’t need to move and we STILL DIDN’T TAKE HIM.

FIRE 🔥 YOUR SOURCE! 

And they tell me to believe ….  🤦‍♀️ 

ps 11 squawkers fell for it! 😂 

IMG_8454.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique