The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

The other question is with regards to Quin.  Maybe he has seen enough with a few of our players and he already know he wants to make some adjustments.  Particularly looks like he may have clashed with Hunter. 

Honestly about Hunter..  Even though he received his payday, he had to know that he was being watched.  He is a good trade piece because he is one of those Three and D Players.   We gave Hunter a definite value with his contract.   It's a fair deal.   Now, we have Bey, we have AJ, we have guys playing behind Hunter that are probably just as good or could be and maybe better offensively. 

I still think the marching orders are go out and win with this much money...  Landry has looked at the budget and are looking to make budget cuts. 

I recall reading an article about Quin helping Hunter do something more aggressively.   I can't exactly remember but it struck me as odd that Hunter would need that kind of help. 

I would be surprised to see all of our wings make it to the regular season. 

52 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

How do you see Gallinari as a salary dump?  They could have let him expire if they wanted to dump his salary.  They did the opposite and traded his salary for Murray.  

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/hawks-ownership-is-financially-handicapping-quin-snyder/

From the article:

"I didn’t hate the deal to acquire the All-Star point guard, but what gets my blood boiling is the one-foot-in, one-foot-out approach to running the club. Ressler says he wants to win and was willing to spend to bring a championship to Atlanta; however, everything he’s done says the opposite is true.

Ressler is on record stating the luxury tax doesn’t scare him but forced a trade of Kevin Huerter in a cost cutting move that actively made the club worse in the same offseason it acquired Murray in the blockbuster deal. Moreover, this offseason has been embroiled in trade rumors with one goal in mind — shedding salary.

It’s been speculated that Atlanta seeks to be under the luxury tax threshold, but there were no concrete reports… until now. According to Brian Windhorst via Brad Rowland, the Hawks are under a mandate to get out of the luxury tax."

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/hawks-ownership-is-financially-handicapping-quin-snyder/

From the article:

"I didn’t hate the deal to acquire the All-Star point guard, but what gets my blood boiling is the one-foot-in, one-foot-out approach to running the club. Ressler says he wants to win and was willing to spend to bring a championship to Atlanta; however, everything he’s done says the opposite is true.

Ressler is on record stating the luxury tax doesn’t scare him but forced a trade of Kevin Huerter in a cost cutting move that actively made the club worse in the same offseason it acquired Murray in the blockbuster deal. Moreover, this offseason has been embroiled in trade rumors with one goal in mind — shedding salary.

It’s been speculated that Atlanta seeks to be under the luxury tax threshold, but there were no concrete reports… until now. According to Brian Windhorst via Brad Rowland, the Hawks are under a mandate to get out of the luxury tax."

I think his point was that this has nothing to do with trading Gallo.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think his point was that this has nothing to do with trading Gallo.

The semantics of WHO was dumped isn't the overriding point. The point is they are dumping salary. He knew what I meant when he chose to detract to Gallinari not being a salary dump and not the real issue at hand.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why do we want all these young guys?!

we should be focusing on bringing in veterans to help build around trae & Murray!

This Fo seems to be completely lost imo!

Makes me miss Travis!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Why do we want all these young guys?!

we should be focusing on bringing in veterans to help build around trae & Murray!

This Fo seems to be completely lost imo!

Makes me miss Travis!

I feel similarly.  Neither of those DAL guys wouldve done anything for me.

That said, who would you suggest they target?  I can't think of anyone that's available realistically.  Just prefer we stand pat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I doubt these cost cutting mandates will sit well with Trae. Already lost us Huerter and seems likely it'll cost us someone of value this offseason.

Just something to keep an eye on.

Agreed, it's kind of a slap in the face.  Trae (and other stars) want to compete for championships.  When a peer of yours has bolder ownership that is willing to spend extra money, going over the cap while your team is cutting costs it has to sting.  

Like when you play against that team, and that team is deeper BECAUSE of their willingness to spend.  You see those guys on the other team and it's like you are lucky your owners are willing to spend.  Many dudes won championships b/c they happened to play for a team willing to spend. 

Would the Warriors have won all those chips without spending?  They just got lucky with the first Curry contract, but no way they would now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I feel similarly.  Neither of those DAL guys wouldve done anything for me.

That said, who would you suggest they target?  I can't think of anyone that's available realistically.  Just prefer we stand pat. 

I liked the  siakim deal if we could do it without trading murray!

Also would like to see capela go for a more offensive capable center who could spread the floor for Murray and Trae!

Trade jc for more quality depth pieces!

• Like 2

Why not have more young players?  If a player has already shown he can contribute in an area you value and his production/cost ratio suggests good value  (ie. rookie contract) then that gives you depth and/or more enticing trade chips for a bigger move (or better fit).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated, but we aren't debating credibility of posters on this thread.  Feel free to decide that the sources from whom information is passed along by the "insider" posters is not worthy of your time and just move on to other topics.

I pointed out Supes substance in the post of us wanting to go after Cam per his insider was DEAD WRONG. No credibility check. Sources aren’t 💯 but I don’t think pointing out that something DIDN’T happen is really questioning their royal opinions. 

AHF, you said we were free to go at the post itself. Well, the post proved to be wrong. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I pointed out Supes substance in the post of us wanting to go after Cam per his insider was DEAD WRONG. No credibility check. Sources aren’t 💯 but I don’t think pointing out that something DIDN’T happen is really questioning their royal opinions. 

AHF, you said we were free to go at the post itself. Well, the post proved to be wrong. 

That is, if this was regarding my post..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@NBASupes yesterday you said the Hawks were trying to move to target Cam Whitemore. We didn’t need to move and we STILL DIDN’T TAKE HIM.

FIRE 🔥 YOUR SOURCE! 

And they tell me to believe ….  🤦‍♀️ 

ps 11 squawkers fell for it! 😂 

IMG_8454.jpeg

Come on @Spud2nique LET @NBASupes live...   We have all been duped before.   It's like watching those drug movies and there is a guy trying to get his drugs from Colombia to Miami.  Sometimes you're the drug mule with the real drugs.  Sometimes, you're the drug mule with the fake drugs.    How could Supes know that it was fake drugs that they loaded into him?  This whole time, he thought he was carrying the real deal.  The drug lords told him not to tell anybody about the package that was in him but the drug lords knew that there would be some slippage.  They expected it.  They had hoped that the slippage would draw the feds.   And it did. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated, but we aren't debating credibility of posters on this thread.  Feel free to decide that the sources from whom information is passed along by the "insider" posters is not worthy of your time and just move on to other topics.

I think it’s best for Supes to take his L at this point on this one. It’s the respectable thing to do. I would.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Gotta say this is an on point post and doesn't attack, it's a point.  In any case..a source that's not inside or near the organization is about as trustworthy as Bleacher Reporters at times.  Not a knock....just something I guess.

• Thanks 1