• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

9 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I think people just want to feel like we are getting better.  I’ve always been a supporter of running it back (with maybe some fringe moves) because I want Quin to have time with the roster.

I think we’ll be getting better regardless of trades happening, but we cant see that progress until the end of October

I'd like to understand this more clearly.  If there is truth to the draft rumors and willingness to trade anyone on our frontline, do you get the sense that our FO is aligned with this take?

I got a number of other disagreements, another one is our previous spending is colliding with an entire bench of rookie contract guys who are next in line to get paid, plus Murray.  Especially after trading for Bey, to put a blind eye towards our cap situation this offseason seems almost reckless.

The other question is with regards to Quin.  Maybe he has seen enough with a few of our players and he already know he wants to make some adjustments.  Particularly looks like he may have clashed with Hunter.  

There is hazardous change for the sake of change and giving away assets for pennies on the dollar, but there is also a hazard with believing you can whip a .500 roster into shape and then it will be worth going over the 2nd apron next year.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Unable to quote @JayBirdHawk, but I suspect we take the best deal for Murray, Hunter or Collins to free up some of our logjams and get under the tax. If the deals knock our socks off maybe we trade 2 of them. Sacramento, Indiana and Charlotte have cap and would probably like Hunter or Collins. Move Capela to the bench and we're golden.

Edit: @NBASupes I like the snippet from the article. I think this is going to take some patience particularly because we've got a lot of very talented young guys on the roster. Bufkin, Griffin, JJ still on rookie contracts, Bey and OO up for extensions. Those players are more talented and versatile than our current frontcourt but they aren't quite ready yet.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ahf don't like us posting full article from that site. I'll post a clip tho.

Thanks for posting — this makes perfect sense and is exactly why I think time is the only thing that can get us where we want. Its clear no one is excited to give us good value for the pieces we’re willing to move.  

And to respond to @Final_quest, I think youve completely dismissed the impact Quin and his new staff should and will have.  Yes, it was a .500 roster last year, but that does not mean we’ll be a .500 roster this year.  Quin will work with this squad and get us to a better place — if we don’t believe that, we’re in for a lot more disappointment than some missed trades.  And through Quin and improved results, the players we do have suddenly become more valuable.

im not going to tell you we have a roster that can contend right now, but I do believe we have a group that can make a regular season splash and improve their own stock around the league at which point trades become more palatable.  I wouldn't be surprised if we largely hang tight and then make favorable moves at the deadline.

33 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

The most leverage we'll have is if these guys play well early because of development and then raise their value by the trade deadline

If i wasnt typing on my phone, you wouldnt have beat me to this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Fisher says we talking to the Pistons about Hunter trade.

And it got nowhere. Schultz mention in the article that any trade with JC, Hunter, or Capela will get us nickels on a dollar which wasn't appealing at all which is why Landry said, we wasn't close to a deal. 

This is definitely going to be on Quin and player development. Something Kyle and Landry keep harping on. 

I really believe it's going to take everyone really buying into Coach Quin. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

At some point, we will have to make a trade if we want to keep OO and/or Bey and potentially keep Murray. 

Just be thankful that Tony is okay paying the LT this year. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I'd like to understand this more clearly.  If there is truth to the draft rumors and willingness to trade anyone on our frontline, do you get the sense that our FO is aligned with this take?

I got a number of other disagreements, another one is our previous spending is colliding with an entire bench of rookie contract guys who are next in line to get paid, plus Murray.  Especially after trading for Bey, to put a blind eye towards our cap situation this offseason seems almost reckless.

The other question is with regards to Quin.  Maybe he has seen enough with a few of our players and he already know he wants to make some adjustments.  Particularly looks like he may have clashed with Hunter.  

There is hazardous change for the sake of change and giving away assets for pennies on the dollar, but there is also a hazard with believing you can whip a .500 roster into shape and then it will be worth going over the 2nd apron next year.    

The Hawks as of Ocotober 2022 were at 110 wins per player ratio.  (10 percent in the green relative to cost per wins).  They stated they would go into the luxury tax to build a championship team, backed off that by salary dumping Huerter and Gallinari, and now appear to be dumping Murray.  Its all over the place.  The value of the Hawks is good though. Its about team value, period.

• Moderators
Just now, ShooterSays said:

Tony likes to keep his nickels and dimes though -

He better start hoping that some young guys break out.  His, likely short, tenure as Hawks owner is looking worse and worse.    Well he got his brother a sweet heart development deal for the gulch so I guess they're happy.   Once that's in place the for sale sign will go up on the Hawks. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, ShooterSays said:

Tony likes to keep his nickels and dimes though -

Windy is full of shit. The whole Brogdon shit was false. LAC just didn't want to do a deal without a physical and KP had one hour to opt into his final year. Windy talks to exes around the league and some of the shit they say isn't accurate. Unless Landry, Kyle, or others are telling teams that that shit which they aren't, it's ducktales.

• Like 1

@JeffS17 I agree that our roster can perform a lot better with Quin Snyder and some other tweaks.  But that isn't the whole enchilada to me.  Couldn't we be even better with the right adjustments to the roster, even major adjustments? 

Additionally how do you see it playing out with the cap if we retain everyone and go over the first apron this year leading into next season and still having Bey, Murray, and Okongwu with big raises in queue?  Said another way skipping any adjustments this year puts us in a pretty significant bind next year.  

I really see don't see much wisdom in standing pat.  If a lot of teams are wanting to make deals right now, we should be active.

• Like 1