• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae and DJM snubbed from All Star game

Sothron

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So why does this false narrative about hockey persist?  I mean, i know why.  It's the same reason folks see guys like TJ McConnell and assume he's the only one in the nba that works hard on their game.  I just don't understand why people just go along with it.

I love hockey, it is a great sport. It is my 2nd favorite sport actually very narrowly behind basketball. Hockey is on ice and the cold actually helps to protect the body. They also have much shorter times on the ice because they rotate constantly. Hockey is physical and definitely takes a toll but just the nature of the sport means you are in actual games less than basketball players. 

I also think in terms of longevity hockey has more hand eye coordination and you can get by with that longer than you can in basketball. 

Anyways, not to derail this thread into hockey vs NBA ...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Agreed..He's just pissing them off even more... Smh. Have some humility for once.. Youre representing the TEAM and the CITY, not just yourself..

This is what I can't get past honestly. It isn't just that you the individual gets the nod to be an AS. It is the fact you represent your team, the franchise and the city as well. We as fans if nothing else deserve to see him play in that game and get the recognition. 

This is the kind of thing that honestly turns me off in some ways from Trae. I love the kid, don't get me wrong, but his ego needs adjusting. You aren't bigger than the game. You get asked to be an injury replacement you say yes, thank you. By refusing this twice now I worry the coaches will never put him in as a reserve just to either force him to finally swallow his pride or he'll be a "teaching moment" for other players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So why does this false narrative about hockey persist?  I mean, i know why.  It's the same reason folks see guys like TJ McConnell and assume he's the only one in the nba that works hard on their game.  I just don't understand why people just go along with it.

no, that's not why.  That's nonsense and a cop out excuse.

The reason is quite simple.  Hockey is a very violent game with bone crushing open ice hits at high rates of speed.  To most people they would assume that is worse on the body. And they would be right if you were out there hitting and getting hit 10+ times per game.   But, most players don't get hit like that more than 1-2x all season unless they skate around with their head down.   and guys delivering hits don't really unload on someone more than once every few games.

Also people don't realize just how great skating is on your knees and back.  It's literally a zero impact activity.  Compare that to basketball which is the absolute worst thing you can do for your back and knees.  But that escapes most people.

so yea, it has nothing to do with hockey players being mostly white 🙄

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is what I can't get past honestly. It isn't just that you the individual gets the nod to be an AS. It is the fact you represent your team, the franchise and the city as well. We as fans if nothing else deserve to see him play in that game and get the recognition. 

This is the kind of thing that honestly turns me off in some ways from Trae. I love the kid, don't get me wrong, but his ego needs adjusting. You aren't bigger than the game. You get asked to be an injury replacement you say yes, thank you. By refusing this twice now I worry the coaches will never put him in as a reserve just to either force him to finally swallow his pride or he'll be a "teaching moment" for other players. 

welcome to this side of the fence!  This is the side of the fence for people who recognize that Trae's toxic attitude is starting to ruin his career and will only get worse unless he grows up.

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

welcome to this side of the fence!  This is the side of the fence for people who recognize that Trae's toxic attitude is starting to ruin his career and will only get worse unless he grows up.

I've commented before that I think Trae needs an attitude adjustment. I will always call it like I see it. he's still a superstar player but yes, he has some personality traits that need adjusting. Turning down All Star selections is the literal definition of hubris IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've commented before that I think Trae needs an attitude adjustment. I will always call it like I see it. he's still a superstar player but yes, he has some personality traits that need adjusting. Turning down All Star selections is the literal definition of hubris IMO.

Especially after he pretty much sucked this season up until recently...

Dude was a brickmason... He's been shooting better lately and he's still less than 43% FG/ 32% from 3....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Haha, we have one thread where we are saying the All Star game is meaningless garbage and no fan of basketball would actually watch more than 3 possessions of it, and another trashing Trae for opting out of being an injury replacement because "the fans really want to see him there".

Which is it?

The All Star game is some important hallmark that should be reveled, or its a worthless exhibition game?

The only one affected by Trae not going to the All Star game is Trae...not you, not me, and definitely not the Luka stan @shakes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

I totally disagree about this, it's a big F*** you to Trae and Atlanta him being left off the starters/initial injury reserve.

Could he swallow his pride and accept the pity reserve? I guess, but it feels like there's a right way and wrong way to be in the all star game depending on your talent level.

Dejounte getting an injury replacement - cool, he's up and coming and not really much better than those ahead of him. Trae though is in the upper echelon of players in the league, and the disrespect is too much to handle. 

Trae wouldn't be Trae without this chip on his shoulder, and if we're worried about his accolades at the end of his career, I don't think it matters.

Trae needs to bring championship to ATL to solidify his legacy, these all star selections don't mean anything to me.

Would it be cool to see an ATL jersey in the all star game? Sure, if there was respect given to it. 

Perhaps I'm still too young and growing, but personally cannot stand this type of disrespect and am happy Trae kept control of this situation. If he's fine sacrificing his personal accolades, why would I care? 

I am of the opinion of, be SO GOOD they can't ignore you and have to acknowledge your greatness, and if he wasn't a shoe in at his current level, just means keep grinding keep going and keep getting better.

All star game is a joke now too, peaked after Kobe's (rip) death, and now it's a glorified layup line. 

TLDR: Trae right, screw the pity replacement accolades

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Especially after he pretty much sucked this season up until recently...

Dude was a brickmason... He's been shooting better lately and he's still less than 43% FG/ 32% from 3....

Until recently is half the season, he started out trash, but acting like the last 3 months haven't been good is disingenuous 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, shakes said:

"Toxic Attitude" Can you please explain what part of Trae's personality is toxic? All the dude does is hoop and hang out with his fam/dogs

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Anyways, not to derail this thread into hockey vs NBA ...

Too laaaaatee.... 

15 minutes ago, shakes said:

so yea, it has nothing to do with hockey players being mostly white 🙄

Yeah, it's all of what you and soth described.  But i think you have more faith in humanity if you dont think what i said has something to do with it.

10 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Haha, we have one thread where we are saying the All Star game is meaningless garbage and no fan of basketball would actually watch more than 3 possessions of it, and another trashing Trae for opting out of being an injury replacement because "the fans really want to see him there".

Which is it?

The All Star game is some important hallmark that should be reveled, or its a worthless exhibition game?

The only one affected by Trae not going to the All Star game is Trae...not you, not me, and definitely not the Luka stan @shakes

All Star games in every sport are worthless exhibitions. But its still an opportunity to represent your franchise.. I just dont see how turning it down twice can be a good thing.............

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I get this sentiment.  But this is tough to swallow.  Not only for it to happen once, but now twice where he was deliberately left off for a 'teaching moment' - there seems to be a different set of rules for Trae. 

If coaches have an axe to grind with him, it's a them problem as well.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

All Star games in every sport are worthless exhibitions. But its still an opportunity to represent your franchise.. I just dont see how turning it down twice can be a good thing.............

In a vacuum it's not a good thing, but with things like pride in play, I'm happy Trae says him/Atlanta aren't replacement after thoughts instead of getting the respect they deserve

• Premium Member

How many of you would in real life would 'take a pity invite' to something, if you have been spurned not once but twice?  You are fooling yourselves if you think you'd be 'ok with it' and swallow your pride.

Trae has made his decision - he will have to live with it for better or worse.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, akay said:

"Toxic Attitude" Can you please explain what part of Trae's personality is toxic? All the dude does is hoop and hang out with his fam/dogs

Seriously?  You really this far up Trae's butt?

his toxic attitude is obvious to anyone with eyes and an unbiased brain.    YOu think it's ok to refuse to attend a game because you're mad at the coach?   You don't think that's toxic?  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, shakes said:

his toxic attitude is obvious to anyone with eyes and an unbiased brain.    YOu think it's ok to refuse to attend a game because you're mad at the coach?   You don't think that's toxic?  

Give us examples of fans, teammates having issues with Trae.  Give us examples of him saying something that indicates he has a bad attitude.  All we have is hearsay and rumors.   

Yeah i get it.  You can look at a guy a determine his motivation and attitude right?   Ok.    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many of you would in real life would 'take a pity invite' to something, if you have been spurned not once but twice?  You are fooling yourselves if you think you'd be 'ok with it' and swallow your pride.

Don't forget the USAB stuff too.  They finna act like Trae is the only ahole?  Thsy want folks to believe he's the biggest primmadonna in the league?

They pretending he's the only guy with a poor attitude out there?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So only 1st ballot HOF'ers should accept the invite to Canton?

Trae acting like T.O. ...... lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Don't forget the USAB stuff too.  They finna act like Trae is the only ahole?  Thsy want folks to believe he's the biggest primmadonna in the league?

They pretending he's the only guy with a poor attitude out there?

:good:

5 minutes ago, shakes said:

I contend he's not on an island.  That's my issue.  They're making an example of him where other guys they just work with em.  Winning player or not. 

• Thanks 1