• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae and DJM snubbed from All Star game

Sothron

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I mean that's a lot of caveats to make an all star team.  How's Chicago and Indy doing?  They seemed to put guys in the game no problem despite sucking.  Is not beefing with your coach now a requirement for being an all star?  Rumored to have a bad attitude?  Why not just say he shouldn't go because folks don't like his hair and he's short and he makes a whiny face a lot.   

Yeah that hair is something else.. 

And Dont forget his squeaky voice.. lol

But seriously I told yall the Hawks wouldnt have an All Star this season..

Hopefully they play like All Stars in the 2nd half..

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't.  I don't see what standard you're applying here.   Lebron, Luka and MJ whine constantly to the refs.  I watched Luka brick a game tying 3 this season, scream at his teammates and storm to the locker room.  Did you see Lebron roll around on the floor 2 days ago because he didn't get a call?  Did you see Butler get into a shouting match in the huddle with Splostra and call him irrelevant?   Randle was considered a attitude problem when he was traded.  CP takes cheap shots and the worst flops in the league and acts like he's entitled to calls.  What is Trae doing differently that is so terrible?

first of all, don't ever mention MJ and Trae in the same sentence.   That's blasphemy to the highest degree.

Yes, Luka whines.  But last I checked he didn't skip a game cause he was pouting like Trae did.  And he's also having an MVP year unlike Trae.  Its not like Trae's attitude is the ONLY thing that kept him out of the all star game.  It also has to do with the crappy season he has had statistically this year  His worst season since his rookie year and that's probably only because of how poorly he started out his rookie year.

Butler and CP3?  Did I miss where they made the all star team this year?

Randle?  you mean the guy having a much better year than Trae while also being on a better team?   And I don't remember seeing Randle get a coach fired or quit on his team like Trae has this year.

Trae's attitude is very immature.  He often doesn't get back on defense because he'd rather berate a ref.   He gets into personal battles on the court that take precedence over winning the game.  His efficiency is crap this year.  His defense is still terrible. His team has underachieved.  He tried to get anotehr coach fired.  He refused to show up to a game.

please explain to me how you read that and say ALL STAR?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Players dont like Trae, ranked him last. Hawks are an avg team. Cant expect much there. 

DJM didn't deserve to be there 

Coaches either.. Sad but true.. he's not liked very much for whatever reason..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

To have an all star weekend where no one will see a single Hawks player is really bad.   Motivation or rest doesn't matter much to me.  We have one of the worst team perceptions in the league and this just makes it worse.  

You can hash all the numbers and records but bottom line 27/10 puts you easily in the all star game.  It's absurd.

AJ...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I mean, I didn't need Shams to report it when Trae just no-showed to a game after getting into an argument in practice.  He wasn't there.  Trae is not an angel -- I'm not sure why people get so uncomfortable at the slightest amount of criticism.  @shakes is a huge Trae stan, I have 3 Trae jerseys... you can be a fan and objective at the same time.  

In comparison to the rest of the field, Trae is an angel. He missed one game, it’s called life GET OVER IT! You guys are the ones knitting 🧶 and waiting for a story to brew.

I judge Trae on his performance on the court. 

What’s next? Nate thinks Trae may have not said hi to him in the hallway. Shiiiiiiite if  I was Trae I woulda punched Nate for his stupid offense instead.

Yes thank you Jeff, I’ve been at it 40 years I can decipher the diff of being a stan vs objective. Gimme more concrete negative objective content to Trae and I will, for now it’s a bunch of non Trae fans pushing the wagon. I don’t know if Shakes has Trae jerseys it could be all Mav Doncic jerseys and he’s Texaschick’s best friend for I know. I don’t trust Shakes any further than I can throw him… and well… I ain’t gonna try to throw that thang anywhere ya heard?

Get guap!

26 minutes ago, terrell said:

I think Miami series had a lot to do with it. The Houston game had something to do with it, the interview that went viral IMO. We're finding out players dont like coach killers and neither do coaches. 

26 minutes ago, terrell said:

I think Miami series had a lot to do with it. The Houston game had something to do with it, the interview that went viral IMO. We're finding out players dont like coach killers and neither do coaches. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

In comparison to the rest of the field, Trae is an angel. He missed one game, it’s called life GET OVER IT! You guys are the ones knitting 🧶 and waiting for a story to brew.

What’s next? Nate thinks Trae may have not said hi to him in the hallway. Shiiiiiiite if  I was Trae I woulda punched Nate for his stupid offense instead.

Yes thank you Jeff, I’ve been at it 40 years I can decipher the diff of being a stan vs objective. Gimme more concrete negative objective content to Trae and I will, for now it’s a bunch of non Trae fans pushing the wagon. I don’t know if Shakes has Trae jerseys it could be all Mav Doncic jerseys and he’s Texaschick’s best friend for I know. I don’t trust Shakes any further than I can throw him… and well… I ain’t gonna try to throw that thang anywhere ya heard?

Get guap!

You were one of the most positive posters when I joined the board, disappointing turn.  

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

You were one of the most positive posters when I joined the board, disappointing turn.  

So me being positive and supporting Trae vs not joining a gossip knitting club surrounding bs rumors makes me a negative poster now? @kg01 Am I seeing this right?

ps I’m not the guy that cares about what you think of me as a poster. I’m me, I’m true to myself and could give a ish less about the outsider’s view of me. Belie.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

first of all, don't ever mention MJ and Trae in the same sentence.   That's blasphemy to the highest degree.

Yes, Luka whines.  But last I checked he didn't skip a game cause he was pouting like Trae did.  And he's also having an MVP year unlike Trae.  Its not like Trae's attitude is the ONLY thing that kept him out of the all star game.  It also has to do with the crappy season he has had statistically this year  His worst season since his rookie year and that's probably only because of how poorly he started out his rookie year.

Butler and CP3?  Did I miss where they made the all star team this year?

Randle?  you mean the guy having a much better year than Trae while also being on a better team?   And I don't remember seeing Randle get a coach fired or quit on his team like Trae has this year.

Trae's attitude is very immature.  He often doesn't get back on defense because he'd rather berate a ref.   He gets into personal battles on the court that take precedence over winning the game.  His efficiency is crap this year.  His defense is still terrible. His team has underachieved.  He tried to get anotehr coach fired.  He refused to show up to a game.

please explain to me how you read that and say ALL STAR?

we're jumping around here.   I can live with the argument that Trae doesn't deserve to be an all star based on his basketball performance on court.   I can't get behind the idea that the way he behaves on court or his supposed bad attitude counts against him when this doesn't come in to question with hardly anyone else.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Get guap!

I just feel the players are more tied into the behind the scenes stuff than atlanta fans. Those guys talk, play video games together online...For him to be last its deeper than that one game. He's not liked and you have to look at Trae 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, TRW said:

Somebody continues to go in and rob the bank with no mask on in broad daylight. Tray Young gets robbed again. For everything you can accuse Tray Young of being or doing. The simple fact is the man is averaging 27pts. and 10 dimes a game in a struggling year for him shooting wise. I saw the fix coming months ago when people were raving like Haliburton was the second coming of our Lord, thy God. This man is an Allstar regardless of what people think. These same coaches and players who continue to disrespect Tray would be the first in line if he was on the trading block.  This kinda reminds me of how the league disrespected Joe Johnson by saying he was such an albatross (ball stopper with our Hawks) but then going crazy when he was traded to Brooklyn. All they could say was how they were excited to see Deron Williams team up with another superstar guard. JSMH at this bullsheesh.

Those are the simple facts.   He got raw stats that look good and literally nothing else.

As for disrespecting Trae, how are you a Hawks fan and you don't know how to spell his name?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, shakes said:

Those are the simple facts.   He got raw stats that look good and literally nothing else.

As for disrespecting Trae, how are you a Hawks fan and you don't know how to spell his name?

He has more than just raw stats.  Some of the advanced metrics like his play this year as well (although not as much as recent seasons).  His team is also doing better than other All-Stars which is frequently a reason cited for him not getting picked in prior seasons (i.e., nobody from a losing team should complain about not getting selected sort of sentiment which falls flat when you compare the Hawks to the Bulls).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Yes, I agree there are a lot of divas in the league

It also is true that some of those guys are not worthy of being an all star over Trae. Even when you consider his poor shooting efficiency to start the season, he is still better than those guys.  Trae had to put up all NBA numbers just to make the allstar team. There is no other way to put it,  Trae is better than those other guards period. Kyrie and Donovan are the only two players, this year, that clearly deserve the nod over Trae. 

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has more than just raw stats.  Some of the advanced metrics like his play this year as well (although not as much as recent seasons).  His team is also doing better than other All-Stars which is frequently a reason cited for him not getting picked in prior seasons (i.e., nobody from a losing team should complain about not getting selected sort of sentiment which falls flat when you compare the Hawks to the Bulls).

let's hear the case for Trae over any of the guys picked ahead of him and might as well throw Brunson in there as well since he's getting mentioned as a bigger snub than Trae.

Also, choosing players is not linear.   I put more of an emphasis on team record for a vet than I do a younger player.  Also, where a team was predicted pre season vs where they are now should be accounted for.

And of course there is off court stuff which is factored in as well.  How many all stars walked out on their team for a game this year?  You think that should be rewarded?

Some had Hawks picked as high as #2 in the East this year (looking at you potato) and they added an all star yet they are just as bad as tehy were last year.  Should Trae be rewarded for that?

And how about Trae's shooting which is the worst it's been since his rookie year.   Should a 5th year supposed all star and all NBA player be rewarded for having that down of a season?

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Final_quest said:

The thing about is if I was starting a team, I would pick Trae over most of the other All Star reserves from the east.  It's almost like they picked Halliburton over Trae as a way of saying, "He plays the game the right way, you don't."  Halliburton can't take over a game or playoff series the way Trae can.  Same thing with Jrue Holiday, "He's a two way player, Trae isn't". 

But they had some tough choices this year.  Harden will be the first guy they let in if one of the other guys can't go.  Trae has to become better in the first half of the season.  

Harden was just as big a snub as Trae.  Harden should go first in my opinion.   The voting for reserves just reached a mark of stupid.  Sure they want to reward Haliburton for doing well... ie.. better than expected... and sure they are giving Jrue his flowers finally but you've shorted Trae and Harden who are both more deserving.   

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, shakes said:

let's hear the case for Trae over any of the guys picked ahead of him and might as well throw Brunson in there as well since he's getting mentioned as a bigger snub than Trae.

DeMar Derozan vs Trae Young

Team Success:  Trae's team is 2 games better than 50% winning % when he plays.  Derozan's team is 2 games worse.  The Bulls have a losing record and are two spots behind Atlanta in the standings.  Notably, this kind of difference has been the exact rationale offered in the past to exclude Trae so what is good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Individual Numbers:  Trae's counting stats per game are significantly better with more points and double the assists.  On a per minute basis the gap grows wider with Trae averaging 27.4 PP36 compared to 25.8 pp36 for DD.  Trae's 3 rpg as a PG actually looks good compared to DD's 4.8 as a forward.  Defensive stats are similar.  

Advanced Numbers:  Trae is as good or better in:  WAR, RAPTOR, PER, VORP, and BPM.  Notably, DeRozan actually doesn't even lead his team in WAR, RAPTOR, VORP and BPM (Trae leads the Hawks in all except RAPTOR where CC is higher).  

Eligibility:  Trae plays guard and is therefore eligible to be selected as a guard.  DD plays forward and should only be eligible as a forward.  The Bulls start two of Caruso, Dosunmu and LaVine at PG and SG so this is not a question.  DD plays more PF than SG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Trae's team is better than the Bulls, Indy, OKC, Portland.   Who is leading the Hawks?  Are we winning in spite of Trae?  No he's pretty obviously the key to our wins.  But somehow these other guys are required to win. 

A.  We're not winning.

B.  Why would you include Western conference teams?