• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae and DJM snubbed from All Star game

Sothron

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hawks are a playoff team and yet don't have a single player in the AS game. Haliburton and Randle somehow make the AS game along with Derozan's corpse.

None of them are in the same class as either Trae or DJM. 

This is ridiculous. But I'll bet you they both turn it on to finish the season as a result of getting snubbed. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think it's time to go to Division All-Star Teams.

"How would that work, sturt?"

Here ya go. 😇

LWR_Recording.png

"But wait. You said 5... there's 6 divisions right now."

Right. But that's a whole other conversation... I do away with conferences, and it's all designed around 5 six-team divisions.

Still.

Something like this could be done with 6 divisions.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Neither one deserved to make it.  Maybe if there’s a play-in tournament all star game.

You guys/gal are short sighted.  Live I’ve been saying this is the best thing that could happen to Trae, his game and his career.  Just the kick in the ego that he desperately needed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
k Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Jrue Holiday 2022-23 32 40 38 32.8 7.3 15.9 .461 2.3 6.1 .369 5.1 9.8 .519 .532 2.5 2.9 .853 1.4 3.9 5.3 7.2 1.4 0.4 3.2 1.9 19.4
2 Trae Young 2022-23 24 46 46 35.5 8.6 20.0 .428 2.1 6.6 .322 6.4 13.4 .480 .481 7.8 8.8 .886 0.7 2.2 2.9 9.9 0.9 0.1 4.1 1.5 27.1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Something like this could be done with 6 divisions.

Indeed, it can.

Took a little time to work it out... basketball paradise for two days.

Saturday sessions at noon, 3 pm and 7 pm

Sunday sessions at noon and 3 pm, then having the grand finale session that evening beginning at 7 pm.

Imagine 6 division all-star teams composed of 8 players each... and actually competing for something tangible, yet not having to overexert themselves either, only playing a single 12 minute quarter at a time, 3 on Saturday, and either 2 or 3 on Sunday.

Imagine a March Madness-like broadcast, with ESPN (or other) signing on at 11:00 am that Saturday and again Sunday, and not signing off until games are finished sometime around 9 in the evening.

2023-02-02_23-55-44.png

The thing about is if I was starting a team, I would pick Trae over most of the other All Star reserves from the east.  It's almost like they picked Halliburton over Trae as a way of saying, "He plays the game the right way, you don't."  Halliburton can't take over a game or playoff series the way Trae can.  Same thing with Jrue Holiday, "He's a two way player, Trae isn't". 

But they had some tough choices this year.  Harden will be the first guy they let in if one of the other guys can't go.  Trae has to become better in the first half of the season.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

To have an all star weekend where no one will see a single Hawks player is really bad.   Motivation or rest doesn't matter much to me.  We have one of the worst team perceptions in the league and this just makes it worse.  

You can hash all the numbers and records but bottom line 27/10 puts you easily in the all star game.  It's absurd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Coach LP, is that you?

touche, but I'll say that LP was premature and he was selfishly motivated.    at this point I don't think there's anyway to deny that this is exactly what Trae needs and that he 100% needs to have his ego checked.  Only the legion of Homers who post here would argue otherwise.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, shakes said:

touche, but I'll say that LP was premature and he was selfishly motivated.    at this point I don't think there's anyway to deny that this is exactly what Trae needs and that he 100% needs to have his ego checked.  Only the legion of Homers who post here would argue otherwise.

I don't think this will check is ego though, if that's even a problem.  I think it makes him think he should be in Chicago, NY, LA where you get free passes to the riches of the league. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

To have an all star weekend where no one will see a single Hawks player is really bad.   Motivation or rest doesn't matter much to me.  We have one of the worst team perceptions in the league and this just makes it worse.  

You can hash all the numbers and records but bottom line 27/10 puts you easily in the all star game.  It's absurd.

sounds like you are "hashing the numbers" anyway you want.   27/10 on bad shooting, bad efficiency and a losing record.  On a team that added another allstar in the offseason.  And from a guy who's been rumored to have a bad attitude this year and trying to get his coach fired.

No way you can look at that and say ALL STAR.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
Just now, shakes said:

sounds like you are "hashing the numbers" anyway you want.   27/10 on bad shooting, bad efficiency and a losing record.  On a team that added another allstar in the offseason.  And from a guy who's been rumored to have a bad attitude this year and trying to get his coach fired.

No way you can look at that and say ALL STAR.

I mean that's a lot of caveats to make an all star team.  How's Chicago and Indy doing?  They seemed to put guys in the game no problem despite sucking.  Is not beefing with your coach now a requirement for being an all star?  Rumored to have a bad attitude?  Why not just say he shouldn't go because folks don't like his hair and he's short and he makes a whiny face a lot.   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1