• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally!!!

JayBirdHawk

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally!!!
  • Premium Member
22 hours ago, sturt said:

If I had to guess, GSW is going to draw this out as long as possible, anticipating the more media attention it gets, the more plausible an investigation and some penalty by the league office against Portland... perhaps (???) stepping in and giving GSW some rebate in the form of a draft pick or two (???).

Perhaps.

2023-02-12_19-32-51.png

Now that it’s official, I believe this move immediately puts AJ and JJ’s minutes at risk. They will still be in the 10-man rotation, but Saddiq instantly becomes no less than 8th man for us behind the starters, Bogi and OO. He could realistically challenge Bogi and OO for time too.

He, like Dre, has the ability to play both forward spots and gives us more versatility with our bench lineups.

Our playoff rotation will be locked in:

Trae

Murray, Bogi

Dre, Bey

JC

CC, OO

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He could realistically challenge Bogi

Been saying this for about 72-ish hours...

BogBog's the one you should focus on, for two reasons... first, he has so many minutes to begin with, about 30 per game, from which to cut... and second, he's the natural one to cut back b/c of his age and knees, ahead of a post season that you dearly want to have him.

It won't happen all at once, but imo, BogBog will be getting something closer to 20 ordinarily once Bey is fully integrated into the rotation.

AJ and JJ will continue to be in the 15 min range.

Will they get post season minutes? I'd agree, not a lot. But a few to some. Both have proven themselves worthy... it's not the same as how hard Nate had to swallow in order to decide to put OO in post season games.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

This seems to be a very underrated trade for us. I can’t wait to see Saddiq out there for us.

Underrated by those outside the Hawksiverse, purty sure.

Potentially overrated inside the Hawksiverse... he's unlikely to be on the floor enough to directly affect the outcome of games on his own, and my sense is that enthusiasm might be overestimating his likely contributions. But the indirect effect on outcomes, ie, of having another shooter in the rotation who is adequate to conserve BogBog's knees for a strong post season, could be huge.

• Like 1

I think Bey will take over being Hunters primary backup and AJ will be able to help switch between the 2 & 3 and really help keep huge minutes off of Bogis knees. 

Bogi is too good of a 3pt shooter for someone like Bey to realistically challenge his minutes on important games in my opinion. However in the same breath, I think Bogi should never have to play minutes at the 3 as long as Hunter, AJ, & now Bey are healthy.

Personally I think it’d be a great idea to keep Bogi solely as a back up.

So perhaps we see minutes go down for Trae and Murray to keep them rested longer.

This is rather interesting however to say the least . If Bey shows that he can be valuable rotation piece like I’m expecting then it’s possible a core guy could be traded that I was completely hands off on.

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, JTB said:

So perhaps we see minutes go down for Trae and Murray to keep them rested longer.

When Bey gets into Nate's rotation, i think it will limit Bogi and give Trae some rest.  But I don't see Bey cracking the lineup for a few weeks. 

• Like 1