• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Knicks- Defensive Miscues - Hawks Disaster-class

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:angry2:… :huh: no but Costco makes bank off me in the razor 🪒 department and not only cuz of my face.

image.gif.c757e392d44ec9ea8da462e5d94c30e4.gif

GO HAWKS!!! :hmm:

You read my mind. :sarcastic:

Kg I’m a leg 🦵 man! I also like a mean face, a nice rump, tigo bitties and last hut not least.. SHE’S GOT … (wait for it..)

PERSONALITYYYYYY 🎶 :laugh1:

Go Hawks!

ps You strike me as a gams guy! :huh:

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Larsa?

😏

I read somewhere Malik Beasley dated her too and now he’s a Laker and rugrat baby Pipp on team. Weird. It’s like Lebron is watching himself and Delonte like a flashback movie. Beas might be off the team soon. :sarcastic:

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I read somewhere Malik Beasley dated her too and now he’s a Laker and rugrat baby Pipp on team. Weird. It’s like Lebron is watching himself and Delonte like a flashback movie. Beas might be off the team soon. :sarcastic:

I erased a rather unsavory joke about her, the Kardashians, and Tom Thibodaux. 

Happy Presidents Day, mods.

😉

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I erased a rather unsavory joke about her, the Kardashians, and Tom Thibodaux. 

Happy Presidents Day, mods.

😉

PM me.. :huh:.. NOT ABOUT THE JOKE ABOUT THE UMM… the toaster you are having issues with.. {spud spots the first thing in the kitchen}..

I got a joke. 

An Atlanta Hawk fan walks into a bar.. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Nate is definitely not the sole issue with the team. Replacing him doesn’t solve every issue.  But Nate is clearly not motivating his team, he clearly is behind the times with at least his offensive scheme, he submarined the rest of the coaching staff to ensure he had no successor on the payroll, and he is not making good progress with the collective team, imo.  

The coach is there to motivate players, develop players, implement the right schemes, and to make in-game calls (adjustments, rotation, etc.).  I just don’t see anywhere that Nate is doing well.  He is the low hanging fruit to replace even though the next coach is clearly going to have work to do.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nate is definitely not the sole issue with the team. Replacing him doesn’t solve every issue.  But Nate is clearly not motivating his team, he clearly is behind the times with at least his offensive scheme, he submarined the rest of the coaching staff to ensure he had no successor on the payroll, and he is not making good progress with the collective team, imo.  

The coach is there to motivate players, develop players, implement the right schemes, and to make in-game calls (adjustments, rotation, etc.).  I just don’t see anywhere that Nate is doing well.  He is the low hanging fruit to replace even though the next coach is clearly going to have work to do.

Exactly. Sacking Nate doesn't solve all their problems but it's a great place to start.  My guess is it's singularly the most impactful single change they could make to alter the direction of the franchise.  Roster changes to address fit are well and good to discuss on a message board, but they are complex and require multiple moves (that can't happen anyway because we're after the trade deadline).  So the only thing they can do to make an impact is change the guy leading the ship.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why is this not translating to quality wins.

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Now i'm real curious what this stat is in reference to because it doesn't look right to me

Stats probably right.  The problem is as I've been saying for years.

These guys aren't robots so you can't lean too heavily on metrics to predict things. 

They allow you to look back, not project forward.  Not with the degree of absolute certainty the eggsperts and armchair statisticians would have you believe is possible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why is this not translating to quality wins.

Pretty sure I made a post about this in that they are competitive even with the primary rotations on contending teams. This doesn’t surprise me. Our bench play + late game play is the culprit imo. Partially our talent level and partially coaching, imo. 

@NBASupes brought up the point of the performance seems to fall off in the 4th relative to the first part of the game. So while the overall looks great - def is some volatility by quarter … with the worst seeming to read it’s ugly head in crunch time. 

BUT with a starting unit performing that well. We have no reason to be hovering .500. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

he submarined the rest of the coaching staff to ensure he had no successor on the payroll

I really don't understand this narrative.  Nothing would make Nate happier than getting his contract bought out and getting paid for staying at home and not dealing with Trae / the rest of the team.  I don't think there's a shred of evidence that suggests Nate maliciously got rid of all competent assistants.  The fact is Nate is a very mid coach and mid coaches have mid assistants.  It doesn't really change our current reality (no good coaches), but we don't have to be conspiracy theorists to drive a point home.

It’s true..

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?CF=MIN*G*300&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING

Our net rating with that lineup is 3rd best in the league behind GSW and the Nuggs. Makes you really wonder about the makeup of our team after that.

also, no Celtics lineups near the top so their team is deep it seems.

Edited by theheroatl

I would guess it's because (assuming even at full health) after the first 6 mins of each half, we don't see a ton of that group anymore. 

Also, it doesn't appear to align simultaneously on both ends. Either our defense is good but we can't hit the ocean, or we are scoring fine but giving up 30+ a quarter.

We do not have much of a consistent identity. But yes, on paper, we have a damn good starting 5.

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I really don't understand this narrative.  Nothing would make Nate happier than getting his contract bought out and getting paid for staying at home and not dealing with Trae / the rest of the team.  I don't think there's a shred of evidence that suggests Nate maliciously got rid of all competent assistants.  The fact is Nate is a very mid coach and mid coaches have mid assistants.  It doesn't really change our current reality (no good coaches), but we don't have to be conspiracy theorists to drive a point home.

Actually... there is some evidence. This isn't a smoking gun, but troublesome even if there's a grain of truth to this. 

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/former-nba-players-slam-nate-mcmillan

Here's a snippet from the SI article about what Matt Barnes and Jelani McCoy talked about in regards to Nate McMillan. If this is the case (I hope not), I can definitely see Nate giving the Hawks no backup option and going down with the ship. I'd be curious to know how the current situation compares to when he left his other Teams?

McCoy offered anecdotes about arbitrary rules McMillan enforced on his teams back in the 1990s. Additionally, McCoy said he had spoken with Young, Dejounte Murray, and John Collins' uncle about McMillan this past summer at the Seattle CrawsOver Pro-Am Tournament.

If that was not enough to send a chill down Hawks' fans back, it got worse. McCoy said, "Nate is very strong-willed and strong-minded. At the end of the day, he will burn this **** down before you show him out the door. He will burn it down. He's petty like that."

Edited by djjob23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1