OFFICIAL: Hawks and All we do is Quin Quin Quin

JayBirdHawk

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shh, don't tell the girl-wife.

:laugh1: She was trying to get me to go to Magic Mike at the theatre 🎭. Literally it’s the 2nd time this week I’ve gotten out of it. It’s inevitable I know. 

ps I saw the second one in redondo beach with my girlwife and like 50 other women and 3 dudes.

Our podcast will rock. Jambrad lol, he reminds me of Rose 🌹 on Golden Girls.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wretch said:

This is 100% USDA certified organic facts.  For decades, the Squawk has been my lead not just for the Hawks, but for the rest of the NBA as well.  If I do see something big elsewhere, I instantly make my way over here.

You haven’t been lovin on me for a min Wretch. Come here and give us a hug 🤗.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

He is easily a top 5 coach. Easily. 

YUP! My top 10 current coaches

1. Pop

2. Bud

3. Nurse

4. Spo

5. QUIN SNYDER (4-6 are interchangeable)

6. Kerr

7. Tyronn Lue

8. Rick Carlisle

9. Monty Williams

10. Willie Green

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

YUP! My top 10 current coaches

6. Kerr

What the?

Who are you and what have you done with squd? Is this the g-wife?  I was just kiddin' about the Magic City dancers.  It's really just gonna be hookers 'n blow with squd, Quinn, and me.

Wait, that's worse.  Nevermind .... we're just going to Vegas with no change of clothes.  

Ok, bye. 

(Smooth, kg)

• Haha 2

This is the fastest I’ve switched from being over a season and honestly a whole franchise to being thrilled about where things stand. I’m slightly concerned about how Trae will react to Synder’s intense coaching style, but we need a strong, competent (and modern) direction and Snyder fits the bill.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

t's really just gonna be hookers 'n blow with squd, Quinn, and me.

Dont-do-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, High5 said:

This is the fastest I’ve switched from being over a season and honestly a whole franchise to being thrilled about where things stand. I’m slightly concerned about how Trae will react to Synder’s intense coaching style, but we need a strong, competent (and modern) direction and Snyder fits the bill.

I just hope Quin meets with Trae before the presser. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

I'm not as worried about Trae and Quin. 

I have some concerns about DJ and Quin.   Here's why.  DJ is a loyalty guy.   Quin is intense.  This could be great or this could go left.   They both have intense, driven personalities.   I just don't know if DJ has ever been coached intensely.   I see Clint falling in line.  I see JC being good.   I don't know about Dre'.. I hope he doesn't wither.  Trae will have utmost respect.   If Quin starts out right, he will win DJ's loyalty.  I hope he starts out right. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

This is great imo. Let him focus on coaching.

Nothing changes now.

Ressler will continue to be a heavy-handed owner whose GM is essentially a repeat of Wes Wilcox in terms of legitimized regard.

Great. Just what we all wanted.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

but he will have the confidence to demand certain actions and choices from the front office.

All will be smiles and giggles for the immediate future. Once we get past the honeymoon, that "confidence to demand" will be a nothing sandwich.

Our team apparently will have no one qualified to be its architect as a matter of contractual obligation.

Hope we all enjoy more of Tony Ressler being Tony Ressler.

46 minutes ago, sturt said:

Nothing changes now.

Ressler will continue to be a heavy-handed owner whose GM is essentially a repeat of Wes Wilcox in terms of legitimized regard.

Great. Just what we all wanted.

A lot of assumptions here.  Wes Wilcox never hired or fired a coach so there's a big difference there.

• Premium Member

Ressler got a pass when it came to Wilcox and Bud.

He pointed his finger at their conflicts as-if differences of opinion b/t them meant that he had to inject himself into decision-making. And no one, to my memory anyway (including me), called him on it.

It was an excuse, though. He seems to envision himself as a Mark Cuban-type.

However, those decisions rightfully rest with actual basketball people in a functional, as opposed to dysfunctional, front office.

So, even if your POBO/HC and the GM are disgreeing, that's okay because one of them--seemingly the POBO--gets the final say... unless, of course, the owner celebrates his basketball IQ as something significant, and then he grants himself a place in the war room. The great triangulator, Antony Peter Ressler.

Yeah, this should work just dandy. What could go wrong?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Wes Wilcox never hired or fired a coach so there's a big difference there.

Right.

I can see it now.... Tony will start to interject himself as he's been so used to doing, but then will stop himself, and say,

"Wait a minute. I don't need to weigh-in on X... my GM all by himself fired a coach and then hired a new one. He's got it all under control. I'll just leave all that basketball stuff to him. He knows what he's doing. No need to worry like I did with Bud and Wilcox."

What a relief to know Tony now has more reason than ever to respect boundaries. Ain't it?

More seriously, we're going to hear in the presser, no doubt, that Quin was/is satisfied that he will have sufficient input into personnel decisions. All will be harmonious. A united front.

Healthy skepticism knows history has not been kind to those assertions, though.

Landry is a 34 year old with practically no one in that front office advising him having any significant skins hung on their wall. Forget "practically." There is no one.

So, count on the GM to be a tool for whatever Daddy Ressler and Junior Ressler decide they want done. And watch over time as Quin Snyder regrets more and more his acquiescing to an arrangement where the GM and his boss have no contractual obligation to grant his input the gravity it will deserve.