• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Bracket

capstone21

1 hour ago, AHF said:

UK fans are very, very aware of those.  Start every season in the top 5.  End it the first weekend of the tourney.

I knew I set my bracket on fire in the Squawk league but sometimes you have to do that.

Never 'bracket' with your heart, AH.  I used to do that whenever GT was in it.  Yes, I can still remember that far back.  Fred, @lethalweapon3, and I had brontosaurus burgers delivered by a pterodactyl that day. 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

WHO Fred?

Flintstone.  Don't laugh.  It's been that long since GT was relevant. 

Eta. Wanna have your mind blown?  There's a rumor the Flintstones actually took place after the Jetsons. 😲

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I put some trust into Tennessee and Again I get Slapped back into reality. 

Just give the championship to Florida Atlantic already!!!  We love the story of a 9 seed winning it all!

bad scouting with Tenn missing their PG for the tourney.     Too bad the bracket wasn't about picking Marvel movies.  😛

I think last night we witnessed the single greatest individual performance in the history of the NCAA tourney. Right up there in the same class as Walton's near perfect game vs Memphis.

20pts, 19 assists (NCAA tourney record), 5 steals, 2 turnovers.    

Stole the ball on the final game tying 3pt attempt.

And he did it all on a wrecked ankle in the 2nd half.   Put Willis Reed to shame in terms of legendary injured performances at the Garden.

Just an unbelievable performance by a guy who wouldn't even play center in a 6 foot and under league.

• Moderators

I am not living right enough to be anywhere near #1 (#2 with a wholly different bracket on SI's Pat Benson's ESPN group). My only shot at coming out on top in any of these things is when everyone on Earth's bracket is Scorched Earth.

~lw3

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
On 3/21/2023 at 10:05 AM, shakes said:

I doubt the rest of the board combined watches as much college ball as me.

Might be something to that.

It's easily been 10 years since I bothered to fill out a MM bracket.

(There was a time, though, that I actually took vacation days off from work just to watch MM.)

Too many other interests/concerns, though, these days. Going to my first-ever Air Show this afternoon... https://defendersoflibertyairshow.com/ . Lived within 2-3 hours of Dayton, OH (Wright-Patt AFB) for most of my life, and had many friends urge me to see the one they have every year, but always had something else going on. Not sure I'll love it, but who knows.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I am not living right enough to be anywhere near #1 (#2 with a wholly different bracket on SI's Pat Benson's ESPN group). My only shot at coming out on top in any of these things is when everyone on Earth's bracket is Scorched Earth.

~lw3

The fact that you had San Diego St and Creighton in the Elite 8, has put you where you need to be.

Creighton was a sleeper choice for a lot of people, but SDSU?  

2 great picks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

So if i'm looking correctly no one in the whole bracket can get anymore points.  Wow. 

But, even though I finished in 10th place, since I beat JayBird by one point... my life is complete!!  🙂