• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dear Jalen Johnson

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

The euro moves with the long strides, the footwork, athleticism, length, he uses it all. It’s hard to put a ceiling on a dude when he does that type of stuff, not to mention he hits the 3 and got that touch too. 

Prolly needs to shore up the outside shot over the summer but he’s coming for a spot next year if he continues this trend.

lol a minute ago you wanted to trade him for Crowder and now you can't put a ceiling on him.  🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Check back on my posts and see that I have always been a strong supporter of Jalen Johnson.

No doubt yes I recall. I was one of the few down on him, in my defense I didn’t get long stretches to access him due to Nate but after getting some PT under Quin, wow, indeed I overlooked him.

• Thanks 2

Lack of Player Development was amongst my biggest pet peeves previously.  Seeing these young guys gain confidence, seem more aware...and lastly, their energy makes it a blessing that Coach Q is here.

I see their mistakes being coached up, their good plays celebrated and overall...their heads are not hanging due to a bad play.  JJ in particular is now showing an "I belong" attitude.  He and AJ are integral to the future I say....and I'm ecstatic about that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Don't worry spud, most of us missed this diamond in the rough while Nate was coach...

It's not like any of us were out here ordering custom JJ jerseys because they weren't even available at the Hawks store

image.png

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Don't worry spud, most of us missed this diamond in the rough while Nate was coach...

It's not like any of us were out here ordering custom JJ jerseys because they weren't even available at the Hawks store

image.png

OO, I have the Onyeka one :sarcastic: ya I guess I wasn’t alone. Thanks Jeffrey! Where were you, pro or anti Jalen’s abilities?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

OO, I have the Onyeka one :sarcastic: ya I guess I wasn’t alone. Thanks Jeffrey! Where were you, pro or anti Jalen’s abilities?

VERY PRO!  He showed us flashes periodically over the last year but Nate refused to give him any meaningful run.  Jalen can be a beast -- so much talent.  I am very optimistic Quin will continue to unlock him.  I think our long term outlook went from gloomy to bright with the mid-season coaching change.  As excited as I am for next year (and even our play-in/playoff games this year), this squad has some good, young, talent that I believe is a big reason Quin came to Atlanta in the first place.  I know this is a JJ thread, but I think JJ can/will be a bonafide star.  I haven't seen anything that indicates the guy won't put in work and he seems very coachable as well.  I saw Quin talking to him several times throughout yesterdays game on the bench.  

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 11:51 PM, Spud2nique said:

slept on them a bit but Jalen skillset above them by A LOT.

This is my worst miss on a Hawk ever.

Sincerely,

Spud 

Thanks JJ 😃!!! You’re making me look GREEEEAAATTTT!!! 🥳 keep it up baby!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Seems that I am always rooting for our #3 guard and I continue to do so.  I like Trent Forrest and am awaiting Kobe Bufkin for him to take his place on the Hawks roster.  

How much longer will we have Murray and who do we get for him?  If it's not a #2 guard, I expect these two to fill the gap.  I continue to hear that the Hawks want to move Capela.  They must have another center if they do.

Jalen Johnson is what Atlanta has needed for a very long time.  Hunter may not be as gone as we all thought.  Then, again, he may be leaving on the next flight out.  We just never know.

This may be the last month for some of our present Hawk players.  Trade deadline, you know!

:smug:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...