• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- The Season Finale! (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Did you also notice he gave Martin a couple chances to shine. I was just thinking he could have been selfish given Martin is also a SG but no. Love that.

He's tremendous in the G but in the NBA, he just lacks too much as a shooter. Let's see how much of an improvement he makes in offseason and in summer league. If his shooting is still really rough, time to cut him like we did Mays and Cooper. 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Capela could never do the move that Bruno just did.

( shrugs )

I do that with him on 2K, with Capela and he actually makes it work 😂. In real life he would get picked really fast.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's tremendous in the G but in the NBA, he just lacks too much as a shooter. Let's see how much of an improvement he makes in offseason and in summer league. If his shooting is still really rough, time to cut him like we did Mays and Cooper. 

My point was Mathews is a team player. But ya Martin got a ways to go.

Overall, I wanted this L. 

Still want a W in Miami but if we lose, I want Chicago to win and for us to lose. I want OKC to get the 8th seed. Then I want us to beat Toronto in the lottery battle. Get the 11th best odds. Win the lottery and draft Wemby. Franchise saved from mid central. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I do that with him on 2K, with Capela and he actually makes it work 😂. In real life he would get picked really fast.

My point was Mathews is a team player. But ya Martin got a ways to go.

Matthews is a keeper. Depending what moves we make, he could have a chance at real PT next year 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Matthews is a keeper.

I like him as a 9th man and our version of Pritchard but more of a SG in the form of a smaller Korver but Mathews got some handles to where Korver was just Klay Thompson no dribble just shoot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like him as a 9th man and our version of Pritchard but more of a SG in the form of a smaller Korver but Mathews got some handles to where Korver was just Klay Thompson no dribble just shoot.

If he was a tad bigger and more consistent, I could see some Korver in him. Not exactly a bad comp. Especially if we have spacing aside from him

I said it many times during the year but we are the most 41-41 team ever in the NBA, we are so mid 41-41- had to be our final record this year.

Really weird as I think with our roster and with Snyder we should be a 50 win team easily but something is really off with this team and I'm not really sure what it is.

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3 point shooting:

Hawks 5-16

Celtics 16-33

This is not a winning recipe for the Hawks :blanky:

3 point shooting:

11-39 for 28.2% = 33 points

25-54 for 46.3% = 75 points

That's plus 42 points.  :blanky:...🤢.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I said it many times during the year but we are the most 41-41 team ever in the NBA, we are so mid 41-41- had to be our final record this year.

Really weird as I think with our roster and with Snyder we should be a 50 win team easily but something is really off with this team and I'm not really sure what it is.

Three non passers in the starting lineup doesn't help. Limited shooting from the front court. JC been a major negative overall for us this year which is more personnel based than JC based. 

Two PG experiment really hasn't worked at all even if Murray had a pretty sound year offensively. 

• Like 1

Serious question, if we get Wemby, who stays, who goes?

In my opinion Okongwu has to stay. He's literally the perfect fit next to Wemby. 

After that, idk. Hunter. His role is needed for contending ball. 

I don't know if I would keep Murray. Either Trae or Murray. More likely keeping Trae and that's just basketball reasons. Non basketball reasons, easily Trae. 

JC gotta go this summer. Even JJ makes more sense with the 2nd unit as does Bey. 

Capela as a backup center is nice but can we afford it. Idk. I would rather keep him unless we can get great value for him. 

We got a lot of options. Even just running with Trae and Murray again, especially if the value isn't there for Murray. 

JC gotta go. That's all I know. He doesn't fit anymore and now he would be behind Wemby, Bey, and JJ.

Trae

Murray

Hunter

Wemby

Okongwu

• Haha 1