• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- The Season Finale! (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
On 1/8/2023 at 9:28 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's my small trade:

Hawks/OKC

JHol ($6.2) and FKam ($2.4) and returned okc 2nd for Mike Muscala ($3.5) and Darius Bazley ($4.2)

Hawks save 900k in this deal.
Hawks get a Center that is 'healthy' and in theory can play with any combination on CC, JC or OO to spread the floor. (37.5% from 3)
Hawks take a flier on Bazley (22), (38.2% from 3) he is said to be out of the rotation in OKC and will not be extended. OKC fans says he's not bad on defense but lacks consistency. 

Hawks get size.

We should have brought back Musky 😪 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Can't complain, me, about that game. Our guys did some good things, as did theirs... our guys made some mistakes, as did theirs... they just got a few more calls and a few more 3s was the difference in the score.

What I will complain about, though, was the broadcast. I get it, in a game that doesn't matter, you need some filler... but geezLouise, is Mazzula's martial arts hobby all that interesting that we spend, if I counted correctly... THREE segments on that over the course of the game? And there mighta been more, but I had to turn the volume down... I'm just going off what was on the screen.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

2023-04-09_16-00-56.png

I had a couple of Muscala trades in-mind in the off-season... and truly, there weren't many OKC guys I didn't target 🙂 ... but the very fact that OKC chose to exercise their option made me bearish on that actually transpiring, so I don't even know that I said anything here.

That said.

BOS gave up two 2nd rounders for Moose.

PHX gave up Dario Saric and a 2nd rounder for Bazley.

But you thought/think OKC would have valued Justin Holiday and his $6m contract plus Frank Kaminsky enough straight-up to get both. Um.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, sturt said:

Can't complain, me, about that game. Our guys did some good things, as did theirs... our guys made some mistakes, as did theirs... they just got a few more calls and a few more 3s was the difference in the score.

What I will complain about, though, was the broadcast. I get it, in a game that doesn't matter, you need some filler... but geezLouise, is Mazzula's martial arts hobby all that interesting that we spend, if I counted correctly... THREE segments on that over the course of the game? And there mighta been more, but I had to turn the volume down... I'm just going off what was on the screen.

I think the refs took off too.. I wasn't mad at the refs in this game.  BUT DAMN.  MUSKY and that other dude were killing us from three point.  I found myself saying,... is that the same Mike Muscala that used to play for us...  He got to be 40. 

I can't blame the broadcast either.  There was nothing on the court worth talking about.  It made me laugh to hear JVG say Quin is going to get a game suspension for calling a challenge in a game that doesn't mean anything. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It made me laugh to hear JVG say Quin is going to get a game suspension for calling a challenge in a game that doesn't mean anything.

Me too.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I can't blame the broadcast either. 

Talk to me about Quin's JD and MBA... something anything... give my head coach some equal time, would ya please?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Me too.

Talk to me about Quin's JD and MBA... something anything... give my head coach some equal time, would ya please?

He told you about the Living in Costa Rica... and even told you where to go if you ever visit Costa Rica.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He told you about the Living in Costa Rica... and even told you where to go if you ever visit Costa Rica.

My excuse...

40 minutes ago, sturt said:

I had to turn the volume down... I'm just going off what was on the screen.

(I have to admit, I'm just conditioned to presume they filled their time with Celtic-centric talk.)

But to my point... did they talk about Costa Rica THREE times for literally minutes, not just seconds?

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It made me laugh to hear JVG say Quin is going to get a game suspension for calling a challenge in a game that doesn't mean anything. 

That was the highlight of the game :laugh1:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is a high quality and entertaining game, for this to be a match up of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

The game was actually more entertaining than 80 percent of the games we played this season. It was good to see everyone get the ball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dre's are worse...they look so awful.

Hunter didnt impress me at all vs that trash Celtics lineup. His handle looks stiff. Cant hold on to the ball to save his life.. Finishing through contact was shaky. That fast break was lol... I want this dude traded almost as much as JC and CC now....

AJ didnt look good either. Way to much ball stopping and dribbling. He needs to grow his hair back....

Jalen looked great. Bruno looked great. Bey solid as usual.  It was good to see OO continue to expand his game with threes, and left handed floaters.......

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bruno with the 19 pt 10 reb double double in just 22 min.

Kneel to the Angolan.

Presume we play the Cs again in a few days, and the series goes to ATL tied 1-1.

Presume, in the 3rd game, it remains competitive into the early 4th quarter, when Yeka earns his 5th foul, and Clint already has 4 (... like last Wednesday).

Any chance Bruno's shown enough to Q to get a minute or two or three?

• Like 1