Would you do it??

Diesel

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I long for the old days where his teammates would've barricaded the locker room door shut and then beat his ass till he got back on the court.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

trying to remember how long ago it was historically when if someone said they were physically recovered from an injury, but not mentally ready that person would've been universally condemned, belittled and ostracized?

We need to go back to that time's mindset STAT.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Pass. With all of Zion's abilities, he lacks the most important one....availABILITY. 

so what was on the menu for the game last night?  You said you were looking forward to some good food and a good game.  Definitely got the good game part.  I'm on a massive diet and had a protein bar for dinner so I have to live vicariously through everyone else.

2 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Zion is a bust. Maybe the biggest "what if" in NBA History. Can't stay healthy. 

You think Zion is a bigger what if than Len Bias?     I sure don't.

1 minute ago, shakes said:

so what was on the menu for the game last night?  You said you were looking forward to some good food and a good game.  Definitely got the good game part.  I'm on a massive diet and had a protein bar for dinner so I have to live vicariously through everyone else.

I'm on a mini-diet myself so nothing too crazy. Me and the wifey picked up some Mediterranean food from our favorite spot in Alpharetta. Also, fired up the Nespresso machine for some pregame espresso shots lol

But yeah man, damn good game. Just had a feeling Quin was going to get it figured out and Trae was going to step up. Did not see Capela going for 20 boards and dominating the way he did against Bam!

• Like 3

• Moderators

I am sympathetic to people's mental health issues but damn.  That is red flag if I've ever seen one.  I want nothing to do with Zion if he can't step on the court after that much rehab when he is healthy again.  I've got no problem with his lowering the bar saying he is coming back on light duty because he isn't fully ready but doing what he can should be the answer not sitting at home more.  Hard pass.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

trying to remember how long ago it was historically when if someone said they were physically recovered from an injury, but not mentally ready that person would've been universally condemned, belittled and ostracized?

We need to go back to that time's mindset STAT.

Nah, mental health is important and Zion is just another human tryna get through life

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

I wouldn't put Hunter in the trade, Zion feels like fools gold - what's the point of being elite on the court when you're never there?

He's the opposite of our icey iron man, you'd have to be really confident in his medicals to take the swing, but then you'd have to consider why would NOLA do this if they were confident in his medicals.

Overall nah, we're in an era of the NBA where nearly every team has a star, these stars get disgruntled quite often and we're seeing more player movement than before.

No need to handicap ourselves by getting rid of 2 starters for a bench player and a HoF talent who is likely to never qualify for NBA rewards. 

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

The Squawk has always been infatuated with Ben Simmons and also Zion since he dapped up our logo on lottery night.

But have y'all seen Jalen Johnson play lately? lol

I see shades of both of their games in him without all the negative.

Guilty. I’ve wanted both of those guys, willing to risk a relatively buy low option, but I think it’s beyond the point of no returns on them sadly. 

I may change JJ’s name to MickyD, though, cause I’m Lovin’ It. ™️

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Guilty. I’ve wanted both of those guys

Intellectual humility is such an admirable trait.

59 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

willing to risk a relatively buy low option

Who was that?

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

image.png

Basically trading Collins+Hunter for Richardson. 

2 hours ago, akay said:

Nah, mental health is important and Zion is just another human tryna get through life

He's basically turning into Kyrie but no one notices yet. 

• Premium Member

Physically....

Zion's injury is a hamstring.  That's not something that is a career ender.   With the right motivation, maybe he can drop some weight.  I think being in Atlanta and playing next to Trae may give him the right motivation...  Especially with Dejounte in his ear.   

I'm not as worried about the mental.  He needs a press secretary.. somebody to tell him what not to say. 

What I see.. is still a guy who FG% is 62%.  A guy who could definitely be a lead dog on offense.  A guy with Shaq like dominance around the rim. 

My problem....He's only 6'6".   I don't know how he plays defense against taller PFs.   Does he become a liability.  Strong as an ox.  Athletic.. but as we know.. Athleticism will be gone one day.   In him, I see a lot of Larry Johnson before the back ailment.   That guy could dominate this game.   However, I can't ignore the fact that he's been injured.   He's overweight for basketball.. I mean the man blew out a Brand New Top of the Line Shoe.   That's a lot of foot tons going to work. 

For those reasons, as much as I love his upside, I'd rather say no. 

• Like 1