• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it??

Diesel

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So how many players are you going to pay $35 million plus to? All 3?  Do some salary cap analysis will you because Okungwu is up for extension.

image.thumb.png.e1b18657317e2d346d1cce22d811068c.png

You're either playing to win, or you're not.

Which one?

Real owners aren't worried too much about paying a litttle luxury tax.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In a heartbeat. 

You know why?  Because we know the ceiling for Zion is ALL-NBA LEVEL, when healthy.  

In all seriousness, this is the fundamental dilemma.  He is great when healthy.  But we also have all known he carried real injury risk before he was drafted.  Then we have his actual history of repeated injury.  Then we have the "I'm healthy but I'm not mentally ready to play" bit.  So the real question comes down to an assessment of how healthy, both physically and mentally, he will be.  That is just a guessing game from my perspective so I have to repeat my view that if I was Landry I would want to interview him personally and get an independent assessment of his body and mind before I would be wiling to do it.  On a pure talent for talent deal, you would always rather get someone of his talent for two lesser guys (as long as the fit isn't toxic).  But the availability is the key.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

....aw well as his ability to keep his weight under control.

If he is playing, I'm not sure that is a huge issue.  Whether he is 290 or 270, I think he is still an impact player as long as his head is on right and he is actually playing.  There is certainly an optimal playing weight below where he is now but I think the much bigger issue for me are things that would keep him off the court (and his weight is something that could lead to injuries, etc. so I park it under the availability category).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

If he is playing, I'm not sure that is a huge issue.  Whether he is 290 or 270, I think he is still an impact player as long as his head is on right and he is actually playing.  There is certainly an optimal playing weight below where he is now but I think the much bigger issue for me are things that would keep him off the court (and his weight is something that could lead to injuries, etc. so I park it under the availability category).

I think his lack of weight control can lead to injuries...which in turn leads to more weight when he is out injured.  It's a vicious cycle.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I think his lack of weight control can lead to injuries...which in turn leads to more weight when he is out injured.  It's a vicious cycle.

No argument from me here.  It is that availability risk in all its forms that drives my concern on this.  I'm willing to bite off on a level of risk for the upside someone like Zion offers and the jump I think that needs to happen for this team to be true contenders but the flags are so red here that I couldn't be on board without more due diligence.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So how many players are you going to pay $35 million plus to? All 3?  Do some salary cap analysis will you because Okungwu is up for extension.

This is why it would make more sense to send out DJ in the Zion trade.  Not that i'm advocating for it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What are yall not getting?

Zion will never consistently play basketball.  He may be the worst contract in the league rn, Simmons included.  Stop wish-hoping.  The man is not built to play.  His body is healing like a 48-year old.  Yall think it's gonna get better?

Stahhp it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's like the Falcons fans saying that they would rather roll with Ridder than take a shot at Lamar Jackson.

FOH with that.

That mentality just tells me that you don't want to elevate your expectations, just to be let down if the guy gets hurt.  That's what I see with a Zion trade to ATL.

Collins and Hunter for Zion?  And most of you would balk?  Wow.

Hot take:  Neither Collins nor Hunter will be on this team at the start of the 2024 - 25 season, regardless of who we pick up.

Nah Falcons situation is different.. 

Font is trying to build a TEAM first now that they finally have Cap Space.....Falcons may finally be able to stop somebody on 3rd downs.. lol

But I agree.. Healthy Zion makes JC and DRe look like JV players... lol

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

McCollum is playing through a torn labrum in his shoulder and an injured thumb. Meanwhile.....Zion sits.

The right type of hydration? Less mountain dew, more water.

Breaking: Zion Williamson eats CJ McCollum

download.jpg.20083a2b9ca1be8a0f64c9877e7de925.jpg

• Premium Member

IF NO would do the deal that I mentioned...

I would do it. 

I'm convinced.

It's an overall salary save. 

Worse case Scenerio..

He doesn't play.   We end up starting JJ and Bey and looking for some other players in FAcy. 

We recoup the money in one year... because of Insurance. 

His contract stipulations may help a lot. 

That's worst case scenario.

Best Case Scenerio...

He comes back.. Loses some weight.  Get Healthy Mentally and Physically. 
Loves playing with Trae and DJ.

We have the starting lineup with him Trae, DJ, JJ, and Clint or OO...    We become a dominant force in the league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

What are yall not getting?

Zion will never consistently play basketball.  He may be the worst contract in the league rn, Simmons included.  Stop wish-hoping.  The man is not built to play.  His body is healing like a 48-year old.  Yall think it's gonna get better?

Stahhp it. 

Ya I’ve almost given up on him completely. At this point it wouldn’t make sense to trade  Vit for him. Vit is healthy when called upon and provides energy in the minutes given to him.

Zion had some horrible people in his camp. I don’t know who he was listening to but first thing he needed to do is lose weight, serious pounds.

114/196 games played in 4 seasons good for 58%.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So apparently Zion is on court dunking during pre-game warm-ups but can't suit up to play????

Wtf, that’s just sad. Is he a perfectionist or…? Just get out there and set a pick bro lol. Geez. Ya if I’m his teammate I’m gonna speak up and say something.